Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2020, 13:57   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I know this isn't as pragmatic as it sounds !
Exactly, it is impractical, most of the technicalities involved in product development are beyond the comprehension of most(read 99.99%) of the reviewers. Directly involving them in developmental procedures would actually hamper the development instead of aiding in development.
wheelguy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 15:12   #152
BHPian

Default Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I know I'm a bit late on this one.

Just a different thought , If Tata or any other manufacturer is wary of team bhp reviews why don't they involve team bhp reviewers at product development stage itself
This is not possible as one needs to be part of the company on their payrolls to be involved in Product Development directly. They have to deal with legalities, confidentiality, privacy etc. and besides, no Manufacturer will plan and design products based on Team-BHP or any other reviewer for that matter. Manufacturers know what their capabilities are, shortcomings, constraints, resources, skills, timelines required to develop a Product. They might read the market incorrectly at times though.

You and I do not always know or get to see the full picture on their internal working.

That is why they take market surveys and feedback to improve their product positioning.

All they care for at the most is to probably get some goodie reviews from reputed car reviewers once a product is developed and ready for launch.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 11:30   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarath_online View Post
I own a Tata Altroz (my car was also offered for TeamBHP review) and I am part of 3 Altroz Facebook groups. I am seeing many posts related to AC complaints (getting hot air) in these groups. People who got this fixed from service centers said that Tata and dealers are aware of this issue and as per their updates, dealers admitted that it is a manufacturing defect and cars in the first batch (January 2020) have this problem. I doubt if Tata was trying to deliberately delay TeamBHP review while they fix these issues.

My car (XZ variant) is also from January batch, but haven't noticed any issues with AC till date. There was a delay in delivery and I'm not sure if they fixed the AC issue in my car before delivery.

Sarath

Got a call from Tata dealership this morning confirming the AC issue in Altroz first batch (still not sure if all cars made in January are affected) and they requested to take the car to service center for inspection and updation. I haven't noticed any issues with AC unit so far. As a customer, I appreciate the effort Tata Motors is taking in inspecting all cars made in January and updating them to ensure proper functioning. I feel acknowledging issues and proactively resolving them is a promising move.
sarath_online is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 15:55   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I also fail to understand how Tata can have several cars available at the media drive event, many more for test-drives at its hundreds of dealerships, but none as part of its media fleet in Bombay? To understand that situation is beyond me .

We’ve already exchanged innumerable emails & messages with Tata Motors…to the point of being fed up! The other problem that we face with such long delays is that of bandwidth. Ours is a small team. Right now, friendly Mod Aditya is waiting for the Altroz.

Would like only the top-end variant as all our Official Reviews feature only the highest trim level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If there is no transparency in actions, then there are chances of some hidden evils.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
I am really not surprised with their conduct.

There are 2 aspects to this delay.

1: Tata really is lethargic (which they usually are), in this particular case.

2: Just out of pure spite. The Harrier review doesn't seem to have gone well with them. Guess they aren't too fond of our forum's unbiased nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, you are guessing. In my first hand experience attending Tata media event, Tata marketing team treats Team-BHP with lots of respect and pays lots of attention to the forum. I am pretty sure this is a logistic problem and not an strategic decision to ignore Team-BHP.
At the time the Altroz availability concern was going on, it's headlamp supplier Varroc had fire accident (on 18th Feb 2020). As per a birdie, the production of Altroz has been stopped as a lot of cars are awaiting headlamps and the plant can't hold more inventory.

So, the wait for customers is going to be longer. Seems like Tata Motors has bad luck permanently stuck to itself.

Quote:
Fire at Varroc Lighting Systems India Pvt Ltd’s (VLS) Hinjewadi production plant in Pune on February 18 may put supplies to key vehicle manufacturers such as Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M), Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Ltd (VECV), Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd and others on the line...

Besides M&M, VECV and Skoda Auto Volkswagen, VLS also supplies products to Tata Motors and Renault Nissan Automotive India Pvt Ltd from the said plant...

the plant is severely damaged... The roof has collapsed on the shopfloor and everything is burnt...

The plant is used to manufacture headlamps and tail lamps for passenger and commercial vehicles. The facility also housed a design and research and development (R&D) unit...
Source : Livemint
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 16:05   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing this update on the Altroz.
Sometimes Tata shoots at its own foot, and sometimes they are simply unlucky. The Zica episode comes to the mind instantly.

Do car manufacturers rely so heavily on just one supplier? Even if it was the only one now, it shouldn't be long before other OEMs step in or Tata themselves rope some other OEM for the headlamps. There are so many cars in the Tata stable- they must be having tie-ups with other OEMs as well
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 18:16   #156
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
At the time the Altroz availability concern was going on, it's headlamp supplier Varroc had fire accident (on 18th Feb 2020). As per a birdie, the production of Altroz has been stopped as a lot of cars are awaiting headlamps and the plant can't hold more inventory.
This has been confirmed by Tata sales person today. Lots of pending deliveries due to not enough supply of headlight assembly.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th March 2020 at 08:25. Reason: As requested.
K_Drive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 08:02   #157
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think this thread has run its course. Closing. Next Altroz thread will be our review in April .

Mod Note: Our Altroz Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2020 at 12:29.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed