Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 11:59   #16
BHPian

re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Dear GTO and fellow Mods, welcome to the world of an 'unbiased Tata Motors product owner'

I am really not surprised with their conduct.

There are 2 aspects to this delay.

1: Tata really is lethargic (which they usually are), in this particular case.

2: Just out of pure spite. The Harrier review doesn't seem to have gone well with them. Guess they aren't too fond of our forum's unbiased nature.

Tata. Coming from your flagship product owner. It's the Hexa's review over here and further posts on that thread by members & owners that cemented by purchase decision, not your lazy marketing or dealers.

Please be kind and give TEAM-BHP an Altroz for reviewing, ASAP!

Last edited by TROOPER : 17th February 2020 at 12:03.
TROOPER is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to be writing something that I'm sure will get me roasted / trolled.

I'll simply say this - Tata marketing knows what they are doing and would have spent hours deciding upon budgets and strategies and tbhp might not have figured in their discussions or perhaps they may not be seeing value from this forum. Now, we can always debate the right and wrong of this strategy , but their wise men choosing not to will be basis some discussions and deliberations.

So , why fret about them. I'm sure tbhp will get a car for the review and the review, when it happens will be as unbiased as we all know.
jkrishnakj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:27   #18
KPR
BANNED

re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Just by reading this thread Tata or for that sake any car manufacturer can decide upon whether or not to ignore teambhp. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...community.html (On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community)
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I'll simply say this - Tata marketing knows what they are doing and would have spent hours deciding upon budgets and strategies and tbhp might not have figured in their discussions or perhaps they may not be seeing value from this forum.
Well, you are guessing. In my first hand experience attending Tata media event, Tata marketing team treats Team-BHP with lots of respect and pays lots of attention to the forum. I am pretty sure this is a logistic problem and not an strategic decision to ignore Team-BHP.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th February 2020 at 13:26. Reason: typo
Samurai is offline   (65) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
tbhp might not have figured in their discussions or perhaps they may not be seeing value from this forum
MOST(with some small exceptions) of TATA products are half baked when launched, they correct it over a period of time, and TBHP review highlights every single flaw and is unbiased. Looks like they don't want their product to be reviewed so soon

I am very sure that they read TBHP more than anyone else, look at the Harrier thread most of the wish-list is fulfilled in their latest launch.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th February 2020 at 13:38. Reason: backed = baked.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:38   #21
BHPian

Not that I have something new to add, but if someone from Tata Motors is skimming through this, please take note - the lack of response and courtesy is outright puerile!

Sincerely expect better from you!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:38   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm going to be writing something that I'm sure will get me roasted / trolled.
In addition to what Samurai posted:

1. Tata closely follows Team-BHP.

2. It's not just us. As mentioned in the opening post, they don't have the Altroz in the media fleet yet (no one else has gotten the Altroz in Bombay either).

It's just a combination of carelessness + logistics + whatever , but extremely frustrating when you want to review the car.

With Tata, either the car is well marketed & has niggles (e.g. Harrier), or well made & poorly supported (Altroz) .
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:41   #23
BHPian

Couple of weeks back when Altroz just launched, I gave a Test Drive to a petrol variant. After the TD, sales person was eager to know my feedback. In a 5 min drive near my crowded office area, I could feel shudder in the gear lever which had not crossed 200 KM in ODO and touching the bonnet I felt mild but constant vibration. Also from 3rd to 4th gear shift, I felt a lack of power but I could not confirm this since the drive was short.

When I shared my observation with sales person, he immediately turned back and started asking my colleague on his inputs who also gave a spin. I felt he did not like my comments. But also got surprised since whatever negative feedback I have shared earlier to other sales guy, they either tried to justify it or noted it down but never try to dodge it. I thought maybe they do not want to hear or get a negative feed back on a newly launched vehicle.

Regarding giving a test drive vehicle to team bhp, I have one doubt, we can see so many reviews of Altroz in YouTube. But then Tata deliberately is not sharing one car with Team BHP ?
Attached Thumbnails
Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-altroz.jpg  

livetodrive is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:20   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

2. It's not just us. As mentioned in the opening post, they don't have the Altroz in the media fleet yet (no one else has gotten the Altroz in Bombay either).

It's just a combination of carelessness + logistics + whatever , but extremely frustrating when you want to review the car.
+100! This is 100% logistical issue and definitely not specific to TBHP.

This post regarding initial media drive shows how closely Tata follows TBHP:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4700327 (Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.)

That said, the biggest issue in dealing with Tata motors is lack of consistency. Be it buying experience, service or even test drives.

Last edited by saket77 : 17th February 2020 at 13:22.
saket77 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Regarding giving a test drive vehicle to team bhp, I have one doubt, we can see so many reviews of Altroz in YouTube. But then Tata deliberately is not sharing one car with Team BHP ?
Many of these reviews on youtube are sponsored by local dealerships with their test drive vehicles and the reviewer also mentions it in the reviews. Have seen this in many regional language reviews. I don't think TBHP would want to go that route as that could impact our neutrality.
veyron_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:29   #26
BHPian

Sad to see Tata is still unable to provide media cars for reviews specially to Tbhp. What I feel is that these days people consider both video and written reviews seriously before considering any particular car. Specially Tbhp is probably the most trusted source in this regard.

I think this time getting this car from forum members will be difficult unlike Ecosport because it's a new Tata product and not many would want to invest in it without a proper review specially among bhpians.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

With Tata, either the car is well marketed & has niggles (e.g. Harrier), or well made & poorly supported (Altroz) .
I will tell you even better example. In Tata office - Face lifted Nexon and Altroz are displayed. No Test Drives. First day they bring a mid model of Altroz and maybe upon realizing or from questions of people, next day they bring the top end model of Altroz.
P.S. this is from dealer and not from Tata Motors. But just look how they project in their own Universe. So, this happening with review cars is not surprising at all.

Blunder List:
1. Don't market and improve your flagship and liked product - Hexa.
2. Start deleting features after product launch.
3. Give some USP but lack behind in terms of expected features which are present in competitors.
4. 3 cylinder petrol engine in Gold Standard Premium Hatchback?
5. People expect more, but Tata goofs up on one aspect on another.

Last edited by PraNeel : 17th February 2020 at 13:35.
PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sometime back, we had Ford taking similar approach for Eco sport. Now it is Tata (Related Thread) (Ford doesn't have an EcoSport for Team-BHP; Can we please borrow yours?)

I think we should really analyze why they are doing this to TBHP ? Is it because of our unbiased reviews ? Are they afraid that our reviews will negatively impact them?

I honestly think,
1. Prospects will get expectation set very clearly when they make a decision after reading the reviews here. So, if they purchase post reading the reviews, There wont be "Lemon Purchase" feelings with the owners.
2. Manufacturers also get very clear feedback from the experts free of cost so that they can make changes in the next version. OR even better approach would be, during the beta testing, they can involve more TBHP experts to get their feedback and incorporate them in the production version. . I know this is definitely asking too much, but this will help them to increase their sales figures, if they really think on this lines.

Overall, it is good for the Manufacturers to promote their vehicles. But, it is very unfortunate that manufacturers think otherwise.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

The quality, detail, coverage and perspective of TBHP review notwithstanding, I think this is a sign of changing times.

YouTube gets far higher viewership and reach, and hence companies would give them the first preference over a medium like TBHP now.

Unless TBHP positions itself solidly in the YouTube ecosystem, I think this is a losing battle in the long run.

Case in point - Compare viewership of our entire 4x4 forum vs our very own Anshuman Bishnoi's channel on YT.

Last edited by roy_libran : 17th February 2020 at 13:41.
roy_libran is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:56   #30

People do a lot of research before buying a car, and lot of buyers do read the the unbiased review of Team Bhp.Its my opinion that the TATA's think the Team Bhp calling a spade a spade is nitpicking, which could dissuade potential buyers. I don't see any arrogance in Tatas... they are playing it very very safe
Antonyooty is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed