Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 21:09   #91
BHPian

re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Tata Motors attaches only that much importance to TBhp to the extent of inviting for regular press drives.
You are missing the point entirely! As mentioned in the earlier post, it is not just Team-BHP who is waiting for a test drive car, but the rest of the media as well. As per the opening post, TATA Motors doesn't have a single media car available for the journos. This is not something against Team-BHP as many have conceived.
R-Six is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:16   #92
BHPian

re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Somehow powerdrift managed to get a media car and even post a nice video of it in youtube.
Whiplash7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:22   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
I did read it, but I was always under the impression Team-BHP reviews mostly include both Petrol and Diesel vehicles together. But yeah, Tata could have given the Petrol vehicle atleast.
Below is the relevant section from the opening post itself that explains it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. In case you aren’t aware, the diesel Altroz isn’t available yet (not even to customers). Therefore, we will review the petrol now, do a full photoshoot of it, and add a separate post for the diesel when the car is made available to us (either by you guys or Tata Motors).
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 23:02   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
Somehow powerdrift managed to get a media car and even post a nice video of it in Youtube.
The video by Powerdrift was from the media drive and they have also posted in the comments that they had the car for only a couple of hours.
jayguar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 05:52   #95
BHPian

Quote:
*UPDATE*:I prefer MH so that I can also drive the car, as I do for all important launches. Won't be possible for me to travel along with Aditya to Bangalore or anywhere else..
Can you make an exception this time ?
Considering the volume of availability in Bangalore, can't we have reviewers who are willing to travel/based out of Bangalore compile a review along with Aditya ? You may add an addendum with your observations whenever MH based car is made available to you?
Thilak29 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 10:03   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Among the many sweet emails we're receiving, this one stands out.

Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-annotation-20200220-100023.png
GTO is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 14:08   #97
BHPian

Never can anyone see such emails anywhere else but here. How many who offered to give their brand new car to be used as a review car personally know GTO or any of the mods? Hardly anyone. If this isn't trust, then what is? Trust isn't built in a day. It takes years. To think of people who are not even a member yet offering their car which they are even yet to take delivery is something unheard of. Thanks to the unbiased reviews, the clean, healthy and useful discussions, helping nature of the community and above all the passion for anything automotive is remarkable. Can the same be said of any of the auto mags or the dozens of Youtube channels? Of course not. This is not blind trust. GTO and his team have proved over the years what they do and what they are made of. The heart speaks at Team BHP and not money. That is the primary reason this community is ever active and keeps growing.
jayguar is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:51   #98

Quote:
Among the many sweet emails we're receiving, this one stands out.

Attachment 1971537

Oh well, whatever the strategy be or whatever the intentions be behind not opening up for such car reviews. One thing that all of us should realize is the love that Team-BHP gets from it's members and a greater number of non-members. I just cannot imagine any other platform asking for a car to review and people getting disappointed about the fact that they don't own the vehicle.

I remember we ran into a similar situation with Ford Eco Sport a couple of years back and people were all out to make it happen. The location was a restraint then too. But we finally managed get a car.

It's just awesome love!

I hope we do get a car to review as many would still be waiting to read a review on Team-BHP and then go ahead with their decision.
SaGa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 19:37   #99
BHPian

Dear Tata Motors,This is an open letter to you as im told you too follow this forum of true car enthusiasts.

I have owned / own 6 cars with 2 being Tata and never had a reason to complain. But when I see the badgering you are facing in the current thread,it pains me.

Your reputation till recently, atleast on the passenger car front has been nothing to write home about and it’s only now that you have earned some brownie points because of the good work that you are doing. I really appreciate your efforts on the passenger safety front. Have known cases of the good After Sales Service as well, both personally and through posts in this very forum. Your latest car launches ie. Hexa,Tiago,Tigor,Nexon and even Harrier are something I personally liked. Am sure the Altroz would be no different. Just checked the same this morning at your Hyderabad showroom and I simply loved the one in grey. Great styling.

Like it or not, for tens of thousands, if not more car enthusiasts and potential buyers, the reviews on Team Bhp is THE Gold standard. No two ways about it! I bought my Nexon 8 months back based only on the TBhp reviews just like I bought my other 5 cars. Not because of any sales pitch or marketing blitz which anyways there was none I knew !!

Apparently, the team here or actually anyone else is yet to get any car for review and there is every possibility that it is due to genuine logistical or other issues. If so, atleast reach out to the team and no doubt they will understand. Shake up your marketing machinery. I’m sure they are paid handsomely but the results do not seem to match. This is the common feeling across all threads.You have got the safest cars with good design. Shout at the top of your voice and Go tell the entire world about it !

As for the review, the worst case is that the reviewers will come up with pointers where improvements need to be made. Do take it positively and im sure you will take steps to correct it. I trust you !

Whatever be the case, as a well-wisher I exhort you: please DO NOT ignore this forum. I and most members here genuinely want you to prosper. Please do not bungle up after doing all the hard work. Opinions on you are on the positive ascendancy. Do not falter now.

Regards.

Last edited by Ram78 : 20th February 2020 at 19:43.
Ram78 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 22:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Dear Tata Motors,This is an open letter to you as im told you too follow this forum of true car enthusiasts.
So very well written Ram78. You just echoed the feelings of hundreds of Bhpians. Nothing more to say; but I just hope that TATA really gets serious about the business. The automotive market isn’t in very good shape & such disasters will only hit back hard on them.

The wait for the Official Review is getting really long now. No one to blame here, but TATA.
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 10:22   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atu2good View Post
Being a Tata Safari owner myself it's always my sincere wish that the brand does well, however these intermittently awkward & tactless acts by Tata both puzzles & pains me.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Let Aditya and any other MOD who is going to help him with the review travel to Bangalore or any other location where we have the preferred variant and complete the official review from their perspective. Since we will anyway take at least a month or more to compile the official review, I'm sure that you'd get an Altroz of your choice in Mumbai itself by then. Who knows, in a month's time, you might get a car from TATA itself or from one of the dealers who are team-bhp fans too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Considering the volume of availability in Bangalore, can't we have reviewers who are willing to travel/based out of Bangalore compile a review along with Aditya ? You may add an addendum with your observations whenever MH based car is made available to you?
That's actually a great option- thanks! As of now, Bangalore appears to be option no.1, although we have a yet-to-be-delivered car that's surfaced in Pune. If its delivery is going as per plan, we will be driving that in the first week of March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Never can anyone see such emails anywhere else but here. How many who offered to give their brand new car to be used as a review car personally know GTO or any of the mods? Hardly anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaGa View Post
I just cannot imagine any other platform asking for a car to review and people getting disappointed about the fact that they don't own the vehicle.

It's just awesome love!
You bet! The support & love from you guys is astonishing .

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2020 at 10:42. Reason: Will update after completing
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 13:03   #102
BHPian

Quote:
That's actually a great option- thanks! As of now, Bangalore appears to be option no.1, although we have a yet-to-be-delivered car that's surfaced in Pune. If its delivery is going as per plan, we will be driving that in the first week of March.
Hello GTO, if everything pans out as per the plan, roughly when can we expect the official review to be out? End of March, maybe?
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 22:00   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Tata has dispatched 4,500 Altroz’ in January (source) and we can safely assume, another 2,000 by mid-Feb already. I also fail to understand how Tata can have several cars available at the media drive event, many more for test-drives at its hundreds of dealerships, but none as part of its media fleet in Bombay? To understand that situation is beyond me . Attachment 1970761

What is intriguing is the fact that autocarindia has put out a detailed report of the Altroz as far back as 09 Dec 2019 !

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-415171
Let's look at the facts ..
1. Autocarindia is also located in Mumbai.
2. They were able to get an Altroz from TATA

So, what does it point to ? Does this indicate that TATA does not perceive much value in t-bhp's reviews ? To me, it looks like this is the case. Why, is anyone's guess. Unnecessary and consistent negative TATA bias probably the answer.
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 22:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
What is intriguing is the fact that autocarindia has put out a detailed report of the Altroz as far back as 09 Dec 2019 !

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-415171
Let's look at the facts ..
1. Autocarindia is also located in Mumbai.
2. They were able to get an Altroz from TATA

So, what does it point to ? Does this indicate that TATA does not perceive much value in t-bhp's reviews ? To me, it looks like this is the case. Why, is anyone's guess. Unnecessary and consistent negative TATA bias probably the answer.
It's absolutely incorrect. Every brand values t-bhp reviews.
Autocar India posted their review based on few hours drive during the MEDIA DRIVE that was scheduled during the first week of December, unlike Team-BHP which thoroughly reviews a car!

Hope this resolves your misconception
jigar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 22:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

^^ Guys, please read the whole thread before commenting. Other media outlets have put out their reviews based on the limited time spent during the media drives in Jaisalmer which TeamBhp was also a part of.

Since TeamBhp reviews are way more detailed, they always ask for the car again post the media drives for a proper review and it is this car that Tata doesn't have for any of the media.

I wonder why they can't provide a car from the media fleet used at Jaisalmer.?
fiat_tarun is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed