Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 14:24   #121
BHPian

Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

16 Altroz. Does that say something about the popularity of the car as well? I really do hope Tata can break through in this increasingly competitive market with all the new products they have earnestly working for, if not always with the best execution.
Annibaddh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 17:12   #122
BHPian

Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

The long wait finally paid off

Awaiting and extremely excited to see the official review.
Sasanka_Sanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 17:13   #123
Senior - BHPian

White looks smashing & the detailing of sharp looks is so evidently seen in this white shade!

Happy for the forum & the people waiting for the upcoming review. I’m sure Altroz will win hearts.

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 23:20   #124
BHPian

Awesome spirit shown by fellow TEAM-BHP members & fans to offer their cars for official review. That's the spirit of real Petrolheads. Now eagerly waiting for the official review by our team. Overall the car has been praised in most of the reviews. Let us see how it weighs on our standards.

Cheers!!
RahuKetu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 08:59   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
If a car maker sees thinks that the risks of negative reviews are significantly higher than any gains in sales he would get from a positive review in a niche forum, he would not actively participate in the review. He would prefer to have his initial buyers be his reviewers.
I don't see Team-bhp's reviews as being negative, but rather being honest about what is both good and bad. Initial buyers will also have a similar feedback and not the one given by all-positive websites. 100% positive reviews can only get you as many sales, they will not sustain sales in the long term. To perceive reviews on this forum as negative is simply fanboy behaviour and nothing can change expectations of such an individual.

I am a Harrier owner and GTO was clearly of the opinion that Harrier is a good product, but will need a next iteration to become a complete product and was he wrong? Initial batches of the Harrier till July 2019 were a mess. Only the honest feedbacks made Tata make critical modifications which in turn resulted in positive feedbacks from new owners like me and sustained sales.
Jattitude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 09:45   #126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thought of sharing this with you guys. Because most Altroz' were earlier offered in Bangalore, a Team-BHP fan wanted to buy the flight tickets for us! That wasn't needed, but the gesture was just so sweet . Straight to the heart, man!
Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-annotation-20200225-170745.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hopefully, TATA will sort out all logistics issues by the time the diesel variant starts reaching dealerships.
I certainly hope so too . Just to put things in perspective, the Aura was launched a day before the Altroz. The media car arrived last week & we are already done with the initial photoshoot & drive of the car. Hyundai has the next engine variant ready for our test-drive (we pushed it down as Kanad is flying for the Vitara Brezza 1.5L drive tomorrow). Additionally, they told us the Aura demos would've gotten here earlier if it weren't for the Auto Expo. My first impressions here:
Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-20200222-10.02.13.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
White is a very refreshing change, and suits the sharp contours!
You bet! That was the first thing Aditya said when he saw the car. He's very pleased with the white + black roof combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahuKetu View Post
Overall the car has been praised in most of the reviews.
Have you read any review of any new car that the paid media didn't praise? All new cars receive rave reviews by the auto rags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
I am a Harrier owner and GTO was clearly of the opinion that Harrier is a good product, but will need a next iteration to become a complete product and was he wrong? Initial batches of the Harrier till July 2019 were a mess. Only the honest feedbacks made Tata make critical modifications which in turn resulted in positive feedbacks from new owners like me and sustained sales.
Thank you. Coming from a Harrier owner, that means a lot. After seeing the news & improvements of the 2020 Harrier, my opinion on the 2019 Harrier is completely validated.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:53   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow. Let me repeat that WOW! This is Team BHP at its very best.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:54   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just to put things in perspective, the Aura was launched a day before the Altroz. The media car arrived last week & we are already done with the initial photoshoot & drive of the car.
Guess the bigger issue here is that Altroz media drives were over in the first week of December itself, whereas the Aura had it along with the launch by end of January.

TATA Motors took about 1.5 months after the media drives and all the initial wave of reviews, to launch the car! And no cars in the media fleet for another full month afterwards. For those who have been waiting to get all the finer details of TATA's latest - it has been a long wait of 2.5 months already.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:37   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... Aura was launched a day before the Altroz. The media car arrived last week...
You guys got literally the same car T-BHP had at the media drive!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 17:12   #130
BHPian

I don't know the reason behind Tata's delay in providing cars to media houses but if they are taking time to sort out any niggles, minor issues and other bugs that might have entered into the production spec cars then I think the delay is justified.

As in the case of Harrier, everyone on our forum said that Tata should have taken some more time to iron out all imperfections before launching the car/handing over car to media houses, who knows, Tata might have taken this input seriously and hence they are trying their level best to come out with a perfect product and taking a bit more time.
Storm2.0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 17:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
I don't know the reason behind Tata's delay in providing cars to media houses but if they are taking time to sort out any niggles, minor issues and other bugs that might have entered into the production spec cars then I think the delay is justified.

As in the case of Harrier, everyone on our forum said that Tata should have taken some more time to iron out all imperfections before launching the car/handing over car to media houses, who knows, Tata might have taken this input seriously and hence they are trying their level best to come out with a perfect product and taking a bit more time.
But they are already selling the cars. If they are taking time to sort out niggles, shouldn't it be before handing over the cars to customers?
zhopudey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 18:30   #132
BHPian

Quote:

If we consider your reasoning, then the argument against TATA becomes worse (at least in my perspective). If they don't have adequate media cars in one of the biggest cities in India it can be attributed to the incompetence of the marketing department.

But if they sell the cars with known issues to customers then they are treating customers like guinea pigs. We need our Indian automotive companies to come out of that phase not continue it like it's the status quo.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 18:43   #133
BHPian

I think you guys have misunderstood my views. I am not supporting their actions in any way. I just had a thought and therefore shared it with you all.

Cheers!
Old 26th February 2020, 18:57   #134
BHPian

Quote:
I think you guys have misunderstood my views.
Well I thought your previous post was quite clear and had no scope for ambiguity.

Quote:
... but if they are taking time to sort out any niggles, minor issues and other bugs that might have entered into the production spec cars then I think the delay is justified.
If we have misunderstood it, then could you please clarify?
Old 26th February 2020, 20:15   #135
Senior - BHPian

Call it T-BHP luck, a creamy looking white car, and that too from their hometown. Ain't that saying goes, everything that gets delayed gets overlaid by the better!
How true!

Special thanks to the owner of the vehicle. You deserve a big round of applause and appreciation whoever you are.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed