Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 20:28   #136
OSH
BHPian

Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
If they are taking time to sort out any niggles, minor issues and other bugs that might have entered into the production spec cars then I think the delay is justified.
This statement of his does not mean that they are currently selling cars with niggles/issues to the customers. The process of sorting out such issues, if at all present, must be delaying their dispatches and in turn, they are just prioritizing customer deliveries to get good amount of cars in the hands of the customers ASAP. With another rival hatchback launching soon, they would not like to keep bookings pending which may lead to future cancellations. At this point, for them sales will be better than keeping cars for themselves so that they can give the customer what he wants before he changes his mind.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 08:21   #137
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TATA Motors took about 1.5 months after the media drives and all the initial wave of reviews, to launch the car! And no cars in the media fleet for another full month afterwards. For those who have been waiting to get all the finer details of TATA's latest - it has been a long wait of 2.5 months already.
The lack of preparation is alarming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You guys got literally the same car T-BHP had at the media drive!
Haha! The strange & sweet coincidences of life .

Quote:
I don't know the reason behind Tata's delay in providing cars to media houses but if they are taking time to sort out any niggles, minor issues and other bugs that might have entered into the production spec cars then I think the delay is justified.
If that could be the case, I'd be very disappointed. Building cars is no longer rocket science. It is best to launch fully-sorted products only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
But if they sell the cars with known issues to customers then they are treating customers like guinea pigs.
Isn't that exactly what happened with the early Harrier owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Call it T-BHP luck, a creamy looking white car, and that too from their hometown. Ain't that saying goes, everything that gets delayed gets overlaid by the better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The process of sorting out such issues, if at all present, must be delaying their dispatches
Nope, there is no delay whatsoever. I believe over 7000 cars have been sent to dealers already. Also, as a backup option, we had kept the option of buying a Tata Altroz for our review (if no customer cars came up). Whichever showroom we spoke to had ready deliveries. There was no waiting period as such.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 10:49   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks once again! Incredibly, utterly, sincerely grateful. Without you guys, there would be no Team-BHP. Earlier today, friendly Mod Aditya has begun the photoshoot of this Team-BHP fan's car .
Yet again shows the standing of Team-Bhp in the eyes of the followers. Kudos to all of us and in no small means to the Mods.

Awaiting the most unbiased review of an exciting car!!

Quote:
I don't know the reason behind Tata's delay in providing cars to media houses but if they are taking time to sort out any niggles, minor issues and other bugs that might have entered into the production spec cars then I think the delay is justified.

As in the case of Harrier, everyone on our forum said that Tata should have taken some more time to iron out all imperfections before launching the car/handing over car to media houses, who knows, Tata might have taken this input seriously and hence they are trying their level best to come out with a perfect product and taking a bit more time.
Sorry it is not. Because the customer deliveries have begun. If the niggles are still being sorted out, it is a bigger issue than not having a Test drive car for Media!

Last edited by vibbs : 27th February 2020 at 10:51.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 12:09   #139
BHPian

This is team-bhp at it's best first with the Ecosport and now the Altroz. Kudos to all the volunteers who came forth with their shiny new cars
Coming to Tata, I believe it's just their lackadaisical attitude and nothing else. Otherwise they wouldn't have sent that fancy invite with scale model and all couple of months back. Knowing how "govt. organization" like they are, probably the file/memo to make cars available kept getting pushed from dept. to dept. and ultimately fell through the cracks.
But all's well that ends well now that car is available for review.
Anduril is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 09:21   #140
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, it sure is a full-house today on the Altroz test drive. The car owner, Aditya, Rudra (with his bazooka camera), Chirag & Kanad are all taking her to Lonavla today . The pilot car is Kanad's Abarth Punto.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 09:31   #141
BHPian

Guys, pls take absolutely stunning pics which are wallpaper worthy.
Dieselritzer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 09:58   #142
BHPian

Quote:
:You guys got literally the same car T-BHP had at the media drive!

Could be that the one provided has all issues sorted out carefully so that no complains pop up in the Team-bhp review.

I for one think that it is good that Team-bhp got a customer car and not media car so that all customer/real world issues can be caught.

Last edited by SideView : 29th February 2020 at 09:59. Reason: Removing smiley from quoted post
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 10:16   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Could be that the one provided has all issues sorted out carefully so that no complains pop up in the Team-bhp review..
I was referring to the Aura pictured in GTO's post.

Co-incidental that the same car was in Hyundai's Bombay media fleet and got sent to us.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th February 2020 at 10:18.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 13:33   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the Aura pictured in GTO's post.

Co-incidental that the same car was in Hyundai's Bombay media fleet and got sent to us.
Exactly hence my earlier comment. Maybe that is the aura which has all the issues sorted
SideView is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 10:25   #145
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys, pls take absolutely stunning pics which are wallpaper worthy.
With this guy behind the lens, I think you can expect drool-worthy opening shots
Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-whatsapp-image-20200229-13.26.17.jpeg

Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-whatsapp-image-20200229-13.26.37.jpeg

Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-whatsapp-image-20200229-13.50.34.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2020 at 10:28.
GTO is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 00:30   #146

I own a Tata Altroz (my car was also offered for TeamBHP review) and I am part of 3 Altroz Facebook groups. I am seeing many posts related to AC complaints (getting hot air) in these groups. People who got this fixed from service centers said that Tata and dealers are aware of this issue and as per their updates, dealers admitted that it is a manufacturing defect and cars in the first batch (January 2020) have this problem. I doubt if Tata was trying to deliberately delay TeamBHP review while they fix these issues.

My car (XZ variant) is also from January batch, but haven't noticed any issues with AC till date. There was a delay in delivery and I'm not sure if they fixed the AC issue in my car before delivery.

Sarath
sarath_online is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 14:24   #147
BHPian

Quote:
With this guy behind the lens, I think you can expect drool-worthy opening shots
Any more photos you could leak?
How's the review coming along?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 11:36   #148
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Any more photos you could leak?
How's the review coming along?
Review should be up sometime in April. Aditya will be completing it in ~2 weeks, but I have others ahead in my proof-reading queue (Vitara Brezza facelift, Endeavour dune-bashing etc.).
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 12:01   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Review should be up sometime in April. Aditya will be completing it in ~2 weeks, but I have others ahead in my proof-reading queue (Vitara Brezza facelift, Endeavour dune-bashing etc.).
Cool, so when can we expect the Vitarra Brezza review to be up, for us to get a comprehensive picture?
Old 12th March 2020, 12:57   #150
Senior - BHPian

I know I'm a bit late on this one.

Just a different thought , If Tata or any other manufacturer is wary of team bhp reviews why don't they involve team bhp reviewers at product development stage itself , get it tested when it's production ready , iron out all the issues and launch the car with zero niggles than the other way around That's an honest way of doing things than this dilly-dallying for whatever reasons.

Have read somewhere in this forum that manufacturers used to invite team bhp and involve them before a production spec is sealed.

End of the day , it's a win- win for all.We just want manufacturers to make good cars and the buyers should get cars for their money's worth.

I know this isn't as pragmatic as it sounds !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks