Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th February 2020, 14:34   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios

Mod Note: Our Grand i10 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Hyundai apart from launching turbo charged petrol and introduction of BS6 Grand i10 Nios made few feature deletions and price hikes too.

Here's a variant wise list of few identified feature deletions:
  • Era - Seat belt tensioner
  • Magna - Gloss black finish on D-pillar deleted
  • Sportz - Gloss black finish on D-pillar, USB charger and power outlet, cooled glovebox, and Arkamys audio system are feature deletions from Sportz variant.
  • Asta - All the deletions as in Sportz variant except cooled glovebox, i.e., gloss black finish on D-pillar, USB charger and power outlet, and Arkamys audio system were deleted.
Variant changes/additions:
  • 1.0L petrol TGDI introduced in Sportz MT and Sportz MT DT.
  • 1.2L petrol + CNG introduced in Magna MT and Sportz MT trims.
  • 1.2L petrol now gets AMT in Asta trim.
  • 1.2L diesel Sportz trim now get MT option too
Source
Attached Thumbnails
Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios-hyundaigrandi10niosnewfeaturesdeleted.jpg  

Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios-hyundaigrandi10petrolturbolaunchprice.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2020 at 11:30. Reason: Link to review
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 15:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios

Wasn't the Nios launched with BS6 compliant petrol and diesel motor back then? If that is the case, is this just a price hike/ feature deletion exercise?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th February 2020 at 10:27. Reason: Typo edited. Thanks.
Old 17th February 2020, 15:56   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default re: Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Wasn't the Nios launched with BS6 complaint petrol and diesel motor back then? If that is the case, is this just a price hike/ feature deletion exercise?
Nope, back then, at the time of launch, diesel engine variants were BS4 while petrol variants were BS6.

They cleverly coupled feature deletion exercise with BS6 launch and added few new trims.

Last edited by wheelguy : 17th February 2020 at 16:00.
Old 17th February 2020, 15:59   #4
BHPian

A car barely few months old in the market and feature deletion has already started? Forget Ford and Tata , Hyundai has set a new record by deleting features so early.
Storm2.0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 16:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Nope, back then, at the time of launch, diesel engine variants were BS4 while petrol variants were BS6.

They cleverly coupled feature deletion exercise with BS6 launch and added few new trims.
And they hiked prices for Petrol variant too! Not to forget they have deleted features as well. This is worse than what Tata is doing.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 16:29   #6
BHPian

The price of some of the variants is in Compact SUV category which are better equipped.
Is this a pricing disaster or am i completely off .
vennarbank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 17:46   #7
BHPian

Default Re: Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hyundai apart from launching turbo charged petrol and introduction of BS6 Grand i10 Nios made few feature deletions and price hikes too.

Source

They are increasing the handling charges day by day. This used to be in the range of 1500-1600, now it has almost doubled.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:48   #8
BHPian

Default Re: Feature deletions & variant additions to the BS6 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
They are increasing the handling charges day by day. This used to be in the range of 1500-1600, now it has almost doubled.
Isn't this handling charges illegal? I have read somewhere that dealers cannot take this. But Hyundai is still taking it.
Old 18th February 2020, 09:52   #9
BHPian

There was an ruling in Bangalore some years back, but not sure if it has become an offence to charge handling fee, all other companies charge these as well.I guess due to the slow down in auto industry they are milking the customer anyway they can. Be it insurance or handling charges or unnecessary subscription plans.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Wasn't the Nios launched with BS6 complaint petrol and diesel motor back then? If that is the case, is this just a price hike/ feature deletion exercise?
Yes BS6 Compliant for all Petrol versions.

Diesel is BS4 avatar only. The price hike is running change as a regular practice considering STEEL a major raw material commodity for manufacturing was under the price hike agenda in Union Budget 2020 by our respected Finance Minister on first week of February.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed