Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 14:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ignis facelift images leaked

Images of the Maruti Ignis facelift have been leaked online.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-ignis4.jpg

The images suggest that the international-spec Ignis gets a new grille with U-shaped chrome inserts. It has projector headlights with U-shaped LED daytime running lights. The car's front bumper houses circular fog lamps and has a silver skid plate.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-ignis3.jpg

At the rear, the car has wraparound tail lamps and bumper with integrated reflectors and a silver insert. The updated Ignis also gets ORVMs with integrated indicators, blacked-out B pillars and alloys and silver roof rails.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-ignis2.jpg

In India, the refreshed Ignis is expected to be offered with a BS6 compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine paired with either a 5-speed manual gearbox. A 5-speed AMT is expected to be available as well.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-ignis1.jpg

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th December 2019 at 14:47.
TusharK is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 14:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis facelift images leaked

Maruti still has hopes to revive the sales of Ignis? I hardly see a few Ignis' on roads compared to other Nexa models eg Baleno.
They should add missing features and reduce the prices considerably to taste success.
Storm2.0 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 15:37   #3
RWD
BHPian

What a missed opportunity by not updating the tail lights to a more funkier unit.

The front looks great and the rounded off rear bumpers make the rear 3/4 look more muscular. A decent facelift, but not updating the tail lights is a big miss in my opinion.
RWD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 15:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

That's an interesting face-lift. They can run a promotion challenge / competition. For customers to actually spot the difference in the face-lift and the current model on sale. Very subtle changes. Would be interesting to see the revised trim levels & whether any features get dropped. Would be tricky to make any changes at all in this car considering its proximity to WagonR, Swift, Baleno etc.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 16:53   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
What a missed opportunity by not updating the tail lights to a more funkier unit.
Agree completely. Also, I had mentioned it earlier also - the rear wind screen design has to be changed to wrap-around type for a better look for the rear.

And some brighter colours like the Yelow above?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-ig0.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th December 2019 at 17:16.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 16:58   #6
BHPian

Considering it is just a face lift, they have done good enough to stay relevant in the game. I have always been a fan of Ignis just for the VFM factor - I was given a quote of 5.5 lakhs for the Sigma variant with free Music system in Oct 2018 - For the wonderful K-12 engine, that's a STEAL !

And I think Maruti would have learned their lesson and have a very less - optimistic sales targets !
Sk8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 17:04   #7
Team-BHP Support

Subtle facelift, except for the grille.

Looks like the only aim with this facelift is to try and impart some resemblance to the Brezza.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 19:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

In tier 2 cities like mine there is a large number of Ignis on the narrower streets. Infact just on my 2km commute to and fro work everyday I see atleast 10 different cars. Might even say every 3rd car in my city is an Ignis and some of them are brand new taking advantage of December offers.

Was very close to helping my uncle buy the AMT one 2 months ago but the dealership guys let him down so he went to Hyundai instead. Personally I don't mind the styling and the space inside for my 6 foot 3 frame. Its a proper city car with a footprint big enough to ferry some cargo at the back while not having to worry about finding parking space in peak city hours.
Old 30th December 2019, 19:25   #9
BHPian

Our Ignis base model (2017 November) has done 24,000 Kms and is all fine and serviced as per schedule. Service costs around 4k including oil change.

Especially commendable as this is used entirely by my driver and for dropping off my kids in congested school campus and majority of its life spent in the 10kms radius of the city. Runs close to 50kms everyday in peak traffic.

Mileage also hovers around 15km with AC on.

Although no match for the solid build of my Tiago or tigor -the main reason we have it is for the absolute reliability (for school run). Must say the engine and gearbox and refinement is way far ahead of the tatas. If Ignis is a cuckoo in refinement terms then the Tata is a pneumatic drill.
Nanolover is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 19:35   #10
BHPian

If anything, the front looks more imposing than the pre-facelift version. However, the rear is quite quirky and in many ways resemble old maruti 800s.
My uncle owns one and he told me to drive his, as according to him, this car had the ability to change my perception of Maruti. He also said it rides like a flower.
Looking forward to drive one and put those claims to test.

Last edited by Abhinav V : 30th December 2019 at 19:37.
Old 30th December 2019, 19:44   #11
BHPian

Absolutely. if anyone is even remotely considering an espresso I strongly recommend to go for an Ignis mid variant as it it in almost all ways superior and will be in the same price range(post discounts) not to mention the 3star gncap rating (the only Maruti other than the ertiga I believe). It truly is silky smooth and very peppy . Negatives are lighter build compared to Tata and quirky design and non self centering steering and a bit of a brittle ride.

Throw out the crap bridge stone ecopias and upgrade to 185/65 (I did) and it is an ideal car. With the discounts it makes even more sense.
Nanolover is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 20:42   #12
Team-BHP Support

Guess this facelift, along with several others we may see soon, might just be for the sake of it considering the real change is the BS6 engine. How would you justify selling the same car, but costlier, with a BS6 engine. Well, throw in some mild changes, cheap enough that they don't increase manufacturing cost but something "new" for people to gloat over.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 21:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

There are loads of discounts being offered on the current Ignis, and looking at the facelift, I dont see anything that would make one wait for it except for the BS6 engine.

I think now is the best time to buy an Ignis. Recently, I got a quote of Ignis Zeta which was just about 9k cheaper than top end Wagon-R with all discounts. The Ignis' seats were much more comfortable compared to Wagon-R and felt much much premium as a whole.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 08:41   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Maruti still has hopes to revive the sales of Ignis?
Bang on! Until about mid-2018, the Ignis was selling about ~4,000 units / month (average). This year though, it's not even doing 2,000. Some cars were hit harder than others in the market slowdown and the Ignis is one of them.

Maruti really needs to correct the price of this car. There are anyway discounts, so better to just do it officially.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 09:06   #15
KPR
BANNED

Ignis is one mature car with euro style suspension from MS stable. Alas, Indian market never understood this car. The niceties offered in this car are too tempting over wagon Rs. Agreed diesel was high priced. But petrol that too 4 pot with AMT is a great buy at 6L or less on road in TN (Delta AMT petrol). The design simply grows on one. I'm happy that MS is unwilling to leave this car out.
KPR is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks