View Poll Results: Honda Accord or Skoda Octavia RS? - Its war time folks
Honda Accord VTi-L 252 45.65%
Skoda Octavia RS 300 54.35%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2006, 17:53   #241
BHPian

Accord for me but skoda is also good but its not a new genration car its almost 11 year old design which puts me off
Old 6th December 2006, 19:39   #242
Senior - BHPian

Well I did like the RS to begin with & at one point of time was also contemplating buying it but after looking at the maintenance costs of the car I got frightened!!! I think if I have the budget I'll stick to an Accord!
Old 8th December 2006, 00:12   #243
BHPian

Octy Rs Obviously!!

The comparision is unjustified!!
Old 13th January 2007, 02:20   #244
BHPian

Old thread-new(Over-enthusiastic)member!

Forgive me lord (if) i have sinned..........Octavia Rs of course.....ok here's a live and cold co-incidence,i have in my neighbourhood a lady (aunty) who has a Black accord 3.0 V-6 and when i bought my Octavia home her husband (a safari owner) stopped me over to ask me about the car and then started comparisons,

i scored over using the very same points spoken here before,however the lady was tired of the reasonable comparisons between the cars and maintained that her car is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than mine!no arguement required the lady says!!!!

Can i have it like that folks! so i deemed that no further justifications were required for my counter measure's to be applied to my actions...I did exactly what a mature adult would do in my place........squabbled like two scurffy mongrel's in the middle of the road about how each one got conned in buying what we have!!!

and when were about to have a drag first,crash test(safety)second and sell the remaining part's of our cars to the second hand market and get more money!!

Her husband interferred and pacified us,we finally agreed on one thing our registration number's!!!!her number and mine ends with 11(big deal)

MORAL OF THE STORY:Her Accord-mature,polished,classy blah,blah belongs to her e.g-A rich and Mature well respected industrialist.

My Skoda-rugged looking,fast moving,commited intentions,well equipped etc etc etc belongs to me-Mature and hooliganish...whatever i choose to be
Old 13th January 2007, 03:41   #245
Senior - BHPian

Skoda RS with a Typhoon Intake and an Upgraded ECM.

Accord is and will remain uncle's car compared to the RS, but yeah I love the Accord too as a Car but since I am the driver types RS is way way better.
Old 13th January 2007, 08:35   #246
BHPian

Well this is a tough choice, but I guess the Honda 3.0 V6 is for me.. I would vouch for the legendary honda silk smooth transmission with the linear performance delivery factor added to it..
Old 13th January 2007, 08:49   #247
BANNED

Should we start this all over again??

Accord for me. Skoda?? I hate them due to the new Octavia (known as Laura to some). Bring the price down of the same and I will go for a Skoda.
Old 13th January 2007, 12:33   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Should we start this all over again??

Accord for me. Skoda?? I hate them due to the new Octavia (known as Laura to some). Bring the price down of the same and I will go for a Skoda.
NO,no definatly not.

I think Laura is a different car in the Skoda stables..right.

prices down eh....Hmmmm very good idea for any car,i in fact will shamelesly plagarise Jack Smiths(former GM India's boss)words,

Its not that you want a small car,but you want the biggest possible car for the same money.

so bring em down,and i will buy....this time a Honda accord 3.0 V.6 for my....err i will get back to you after i speak to my mother she is a SUV fan herself.
Old 13th January 2007, 13:08   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
NO,no definatly not.

prices down eh....Hmmmm very good idea for any car,i in fact will shamelesly plagarise Jack Smiths(former GM India's boss)words,

Its not that you want a small car,but you want the biggest possible car for the same money.

so bring em down,and i will buy....this time a Honda accord 3.0 V.6 for my....err i will get back to you after i speak to my mother she is a SUV fan herself.

LOL Can't help it.
Old 13th January 2007, 13:18   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda RS for me ........
Old 13th January 2007, 13:42   #251
BHPian

Whenever I see the smooth Accord and contemplate changing my RS, I get reminded of this thread. The poll still favours the RS . So until otherwise ,,,,,,,,
Old 13th January 2007, 14:15   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Any day an RS for me
Old 13th January 2007, 14:50   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
No DF the Laura is just the new Octavia rebadged for India with an idiotic name. In Europe the current Octavia (which is still sold here) has been phased out & the Laura is the new Octavia there. They should've done the same thing here also but to make more money they hiked up the prices of the Laura & also let the old Octavia soldier on.

I think things will change once we have a diesel Corolla & Optra in the market.
Old 13th January 2007, 15:25   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No DF the Laura is just the new Octavia rebadged for India with an idiotic name. In Europe the current Octavia (which is still sold here) has been phased out & the Laura is the new Octavia there. They should've done the same thing here also but to make more money they hiked up the prices of the Laura & also let the old Octavia soldier on.

I think things will change once we have a diesel Corolla & Optra in the market.
No what i mean or rather saying is that-

1)Skoda octavia is still being sold as 1.9 Tdi(L&k,ambiante,rider etc)

2)Skoda octavia as 1.8 Tpi(Vrs,rider)

And also as laura dsl in Manual and Dsg formats!!!

Now though it was touted as a replacement to octavia as far back as 2004-05 it was released as a different model and at a premium over octavias...am i right here.

They are testing the market to see if both can co-exist and have been getting away so far,

where they should have released laura as an octavia at maybe a few rupees here and there over Octavia 1.9tdi,they have picked the most expensive Octavia and priced it way above even that!!!

They have implemented their theory for Indian market,Its us who should give it a fitting reply....is what i agree with you iRaghava.

P.s:i have already protested by buying a Vrs.
Old 13th January 2007, 15:31   #255
Team-BHP Support

DF -how do you find TAFE in terms of service. Also how practical in the Vrs in day to day running around Bangalore
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks