View Poll Results: Honda Accord or Skoda Octavia RS? - Its war time folks
Honda Accord VTi-L 252 45.65%
Skoda Octavia RS 300 54.35%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 13:00   #331
BHPian

i trust Honda's reliability .. so its Accord for me...
Old 13th August 2007, 18:34   #332
Senior - BHPian

Although I had voted for the RS, I think Ill go in for the Accord now,

Somehow Skodas have stopped appealing to me.
Old 20th October 2007, 17:37   #333
BHPian

skoda all the way... no comparison between german technology and japanese technology
Old 21st October 2007, 17:28   #334
BHPian

If you go to the skoda website, you will see that the Laura they sell here is known as the octavia there. Donno if the specs of the cars are the same as i aint got much know how bout engines but you could check it out...As for my opinion even if i had all the money in the world, the last car i would buy is Skoda.. Honda always, its the second best company in the 'WORLD' with regard to customer satisfaction after Toyota :-)
Old 24th October 2007, 15:58   #335
BHPian

Accord for sure

Accord gets my vote.

Simply because its got the sleek, classy and elagant look.
Interior design and space
It is fun to drive.

There is so less legroom at the rear. A 5 seater with a value of 14L and very less legroom is not worth it.

Also the interior of the Octi does not look good either when compared to Accord.
Old 26th October 2007, 21:52   #336
BHPian

Honestly i would go for neither of them as Laura is the best choice.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2007 at 23:11. Reason: wud = would. Please type in full english and not SMS language as per TBHP rules.
Old 30th October 2007, 00:46   #337
Senior - BHPian

i wanna choose based on the handling comparison between them! can some one tell me which car has better handling or do they both equal? i wanna based on that because i liked skoda for its teutonic build and other reasons over the accord!
Old 30th October 2007, 11:50   #338
BHPian

Sounds like a joke. I don't consider Skoda as a Sedan (Have you seen the leg room and the internal space of the car? Huh...). Honda is a class in its own. I stick to Accord. Perhaps, u compate Octavia with Civic, still its Civic. Skoda is worth nothing. Apart from all this, the evergreen problem in the Octavias (I dont know if it is prevalent in all the Skodas) U find problem in the A/c, I will write it for you.... Just lemme know if there is anyone here who can clock 220 in a Octavia....!
Old 30th October 2007, 12:34   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Sounds like a joke. I don't consider Skoda as a Sedan (Have you seen the leg room and the internal space of the car? Huh...). Honda is a class in its own. I stick to Accord. Perhaps, u compate Octavia with Civic, still its Civic. Skoda is worth nothing. Apart from all this, the evergreen problem in the Octavias (I dont know if it is prevalent in all the Skodas) U find problem in the A/c, I will write it for you.... Just lemme know if there is anyone here who can clock 220 in a Octavia....!
Well mate! you cant clock 220 on any (un-modded) Civic or 2.4 Accord too! The V6 is a different ball game!

Anyways for me it is the Accord anyway.
Old 30th October 2007, 12:49   #340
BHPian

Wow ! This thread's a good 3 years old, & still the debate continues !

Anyways, I'd pick the Accord, because of it's bigger engine ! Performance parts are available in plenty for this motor, & the potential for performance improvement exists in spades.
Old 30th October 2007, 12:51   #341
BHPian

With the advent of the new Accord it would be settled I guess (at least until the new Octavia RS arrives)
Old 30th October 2007, 13:04   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Well mate! you cant clock 220 on any (un-modded) Civic or 2.4 Accord too! The V6 is a different ball game!

Anyways for me it is the Accord anyway.
You can do it in a sealed Accord engine. India? NICE Road Bangalore. Gulf? Muscat Salalah highway. I clocked 220 in a V6 Manual in India. Same speed in an automatic Accord in Oman (I don know none of the radars flashed us, probably there were empty trunks and boxes without cameras in it!!!). You can do it bro. Try it.

Buddy theFreak... Civic is 1.8L car. And I don't have to tell you how big Accord is (still I was talkin about a 2.4L plant, not the 3L one). Civic is a luxury car and Accord is a Sedan. As far as I know, No car in India offers you the co-efficient of drag as low as 0.3, which Accord does, all thanks to its aerodynamics. (I don't say there cannot be any, if yes pls let me know, I'll thank you). Don't compare Accord with Civic in this regard, I was telling buddies to compare Octavia with Civic...

Check out the Accord Coupe 2008. Fantastic it is. The Accords were wearing a dirty look on their tail as well as front lamps from 2005-Accord (unlike the eye catching tail lamps in 2004 peer). Hondas have made Accord 2008 look just like a Dodge Charger in Honda's class.
Courtesy: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe - the Official Honda Web Site

Last edited by ajmat : 30th October 2007 at 13:44.
Old 30th October 2007, 13:57   #343
Senior - BHPian

Exterior looks - RS
Interior quality - RS
Interior space - Accord
Engine - even stevens - Honda is marginally smoother and RS is powerful.
Fun to drive - RS
Feature list - RS
Old 30th October 2007, 16:24   #344
BHPian

I just dont understand how can a Skoda octavia 1.8 RS be better than a Honda Accord 2.4vti if money is taken care of
Have driven both of them and I simply want to race all these guys who have voted for the skoda 1.8 RS(ofcourse with a accord 2.4vti)

by the way i voted for Honda!
Old 30th October 2007, 17:13   #345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
You can do it in a sealed Accord engine. India? NICE Road Bangalore. Gulf? Muscat Salalah highway. I clocked 220 in a V6 Manual in India. Same speed in an automatic Accord in Oman (I don know none of the radars flashed us, probably there were empty trunks and boxes without cameras in it!!!). You can do it bro. Try it.
since when have there been v6 manuals in india?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks