Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 19:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford BS6 Figo, Aspire, & Freestyle launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Android Auto and Apple Carplay are not mentioned anywhere in the brochure. Please see the brochure
Contradictory info. Also in your attachment there is a mistake, it mentions 1 ports for titanium plus and 1 port for the other variants. Let's hope the website is correct.
Old 19th February 2020, 19:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

After seeing Ford's pricing, firstly for Ecosport and now for Figo-Aspire duo, I think Ford is correcting prices, which is not a bad thing at all. They know for sure that by increasing prices substantially, they will lose more market share. Good thing for us that it is putting lot of pressure on other manufacturer's in launching their BS6 variants

Not sure what is future strategy by Ford though, future looks bleak for them, period.
Old 19th February 2020, 19:22   #48
BHPian

GaadiWaadi.com: BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle Launched From Rs. 5.39 Lakh
GaadiWaadi.com: BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle Launched From Rs. 5.39 Lakh.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/bs6-ford-figo...-rs-5-39-lakh/

This article says automatic climate control, rear camera and rear wiper have been removed from the Figo Titanium.
We can expect quite a few deleted features in the Aspire and Freestyle as well.
Old 19th February 2020, 19:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

Wait what? Forget increase, they have gone ahead and reduced prices for BS-VI versions. What magic are they doing with the setup which no one else(other manufacturers) seem to be able to gauge? The cars are absolute VFMs in their respective segments. Specially diesel
BTW the 1.5L AT variants have been shelved. No more ATs from Ford(under 20L) other than Ecosport(that too in top trim only)?

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th February 2020 at 19:28.
Old 19th February 2020, 20:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

We need a thread on how Ford has managed to keep the price hike of BS6 diesel engine in check. It would be great if Ford can export BS6 diesel heart to MSIL, while they are scrambling for BS6 diesel engine upgrade.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 20:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Contradictory info. Also in your attachment there is a mistake, it mentions 1 ports for titanium plus and 1 port for the other variants. Let's hope the website is correct.
Quote:
Android Auto and Apple Carplay are not mentioned anywhere in the brochure. Please see the brochure
Quote:
Andorid Auto and Apple Carplay are not mentioned in the Freestyle brochure. So I think it's not available in the Freestyle Titanium Plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
See the attached screenshot. As per the website it has 2 usb ports, Android Auto, Carplay as well as Ford Pass.
Ford brochures have been unreliable in the recent past, at least for a few days after launches. For instance, even today we are not sure if sunroof is available on T+ AT variant of EcoSport. They keep updating the brochure back-and-forth confusing and misinforming even the sales staff. So feature modifications can/should be expected. Especially so on models that are seeing price cut. Actually, if Sync 3 system is retained in Freestyle T+, I'll be shocked.

Still, decision to reduce the prices is commendable, even if you look from "glass half empty" perspective. Ford are making a serious, renewed effort. Looks like the JV with Mahindra seems to have taken a huge load from their shoulders and they are now looking like a refreshed athlete ready for a marathon.

Last edited by strawhat : 19th February 2020 at 20:44.
Old 19th February 2020, 22:28   #52
BHPian

Is this the flair edition of Freestyle that someone had mentioned before. If so, I really hope they don't launch this.

Source : https://gaadiwaadi.com/bs6-ford-figo...5-39-lakh/amp/
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-fordfreestyleflairbs681068x601.jpg  

JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:47   #53
BANNED

Hahahahah, can't help stop laughing, with the feature deletion and a hike of 35K (talking T Diesel here), BHPians are thinking this is good pricing. You're looking at good 75K+ hike.

The underlining part is, Ford is no longer looking at anything here, no wonder the JV with M&M, be there for the namesake. Selling power trains in the near future to M&M badged vehicles shall rake them more moolah than the product line that they'll have.

Wait till Diwali or 2020 end, we'd be looking at discounted stuff, been the case @ Ford always.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 07:23   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched

Thread merged with the existing one on the BS6 Figo / Aspire. Check discussion from here onward. It appears that many features have been deleted.
Old 20th February 2020, 07:38   #55
BHPian

Do we know the list of features that are deleted to bring the price down?
Has anyone done a comparison with Aspire BS4 vs BS6?
For this price Aspire and Freestyle diesel is VFM

Last edited by arvindmanju : 20th February 2020 at 08:02.
Old 20th February 2020, 07:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Hahahahah, can't help stop laughing, with the feature deletion and a hike of 35K (talking T Diesel here), BHPians are thinking this is good pricing. You're looking at good 75K+ hike.
I could see features deleted from lower and middle variants like ACC, Power adjustable mirrors, power foldable mirrors etc.

But titanium plus variant of figo remains as is. Or did I miss anything?

And sync 3 is a major deletion from freestyle T+ & aspire T+.

Apart from that any other features deleted from T+ variant of any of the 3 cars?
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 11:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

I'm a little confused with this strategy. They anyway had the advantage of being able to upgrade the TDCI at a very small cost, so they should have slightly increased prices and added more features but they have done the reverse.

It looks like they are repositioning the Figo lineup hoping that pricing will help grow volumes. I'm interested to see how this works out. Will the Aspire be able to capture some of the Dzire diesel customers ?

IIRC, the 1.5TDCI was already Euro 5 ready so BS6 did not call for major changes to key components like the Turbo, etc. They must've managed it with only a calibration change and addition of a DPF and LNT.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 23:02   #58
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire BS6 spotted; Sync3 discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Is there any clarity on whether the sync3 system has been removed from freestyle too?
The website has been updated and now there is no mention of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Sync 3 has been dropped and the useless Fly audio unit replaces it.
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 10:29   #59
BHPian

One of the plus points I saw of a person choosing the aspire over the figo was the sync 3, well now with irs removal, I think if I had to choose between the two, I'd take the figo.

It's lighter than the aspire, so with that 100/215 tdci, it'll be even faster, I think.
Old 21st February 2020, 10:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
It's lighter than the aspire, so with that 100/215 tdci, it'll be even faster, I think.
IIRC there's hardly 10 kg of difference in kerb weight of the two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks