Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2020, 16:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire BS6 spotted; Sync3 discontinued

Is there any clarity on whether the sync3 system has been removed from freestyle too?
Old 19th February 2020, 16:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Hope the 1.5AT is available in Figo and aspire. There are hardly any choices for AT under 10l, if you don't want amt or 4 speed tc.
Amaze CVT, Datsun Go CVT, Micra CVT( Don't know if its on sale). But yes 1.5L AT was the only Fun+Smooth+Reliable automatic car under 10L.
Old 19th February 2020, 16:24   #33
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford BS6 Figo, Aspire, & Freestyle launched

It would be interesting to see the feature cuts which have taken place to achieve the price cuts for the Freestyle and the Aspire.

As far the Figo is concerned, Ford wants to push people towards Freestyle and the Aspire so as to extract maximum profit for themselves. Still wanna buy a Figo? Get ready to pay more and lose features as well-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4751776 (Ford Aspire BS6 spotted; Sync3 discontinued)

Last edited by AYP : 19th February 2020 at 16:37.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 16:26   #34
BANNED

This is a fatal blow on the face of Maruti who said BS6 diesels will be costlier by another 1.5L!

Partnership with M&M might have helped Ford to reduce the pricing. Also, at this price range, Ford can now think of discontinuing Figo.
Old 19th February 2020, 16:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Is there any clarity on whether the sync3 system has been removed from freestyle too?
I'm pretty sure they removed it. Just checked it on their website. It now shows a 7" touchscreen with inbuilt navigation. IIRC the sync 3 system was a 6.5" unit, with no inbuilt navigation system.

- DS
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-screenshot_20200219165037.jpg  

Old 19th February 2020, 17:19   #36
BHPian

This is really something! I hope feature deletion doesn't happen in the Freestyle, esp. in the security department. There are very few cars in this segment with a 6 air bags option. That's one of the primary reasons reason I bought one last year (should've waited I guess )
Old 19th February 2020, 17:29   #37
BHPian

How did Ford manage to price less than BS4?!

1. Features have been removed
2. Is partnership with Mahindra helping them to source low cost parts?

Just noticed FordPass(Connect Car Solution) is available from low variant(Ambiente) in all BS6 Ford Cars.
Old 19th February 2020, 17:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Couldn't find anything on this. Only that SYNC 4 will be offered in the C-SUV co-developed with M&M: https://indianautosblog.com/ford-syn...-c-suv-p318820
Old 19th February 2020, 17:50   #39
BHPian

The Ford website shows that the Titanium plus variant of freestyle has Android auto and Apple carplay but it does not have Sync 3 which is sort of a unique arrangement because until now all Ford vehicles which had Android auto and Apple carplay were based on sync 3 whereas the fly audio ones had to do with embedded navigation.

Glad that ESP, TC and Hill Hold have been retained. With just 35k between Figo Blu and Freestyle Titanium Plus the Freestyle makes much more sense.
Old 19th February 2020, 17:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythian View Post
Couldn't find anything on this. Only that SYNC 4 will be offered in the C-SUV co-developed with M&M: https://indianautosblog.com/ford-syn...-c-suv-p318820
Hopefully, they don't restrict it to just the top end variant. Though I personally doubt sync4 will come in to India when Ford India has already treated sync3 as a premium system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
I'm pretty sure they removed it. Just checked it on their website. It now shows a 7" touchscreen with inbuilt navigation. IIRC the sync 3 system was a 6.5" unit, with no inbuilt navigation system.
- DS
Thanks. I don't notice this part of their website. Their model compare page still shows the android auto and apple carplay on the top end diesel. So it thought that maybe sync3 is still there.
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-screenshot_20200219174615.png  

Old 19th February 2020, 18:08   #41
BHPian

Having owned and driven the Petrol Titanium+ version, i can safely say that this is one of the safest car in the segment. While buying this car, i asked the sales guy about the engine. In his reply, he gave me a very secretive smile and said -"let the BS6 norms gets rolled out. We are ways ahead. We have a surprise in store". It means that he had knowledge about the fact that the prices would be reduced. Freestyle is way better than any other car in the segment. Coffin on four wheels should not be considered competition.

What more one can expect from a coffin maker. They have themselves made it clear by not offering their hot cakes to NCAP for safety parameter check. Let these coffin makers keep on blowing their own trumpet. But Indian car buyers have the herd mentality. No one can save them.
su1978 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 18:35   #42
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
The Ford website shows that the Titanium plus variant of freestyle has Android auto and Apple carplay but it does not have Sync 3 which is sort of a unique arrangement.
Andorid Auto and Apple Carplay are not mentioned in the Freestyle brochure. So I think it's not available in the Freestyle Titanium Plus.
Old 19th February 2020, 18:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Andorid Auto and Apple Carplay are not mentioned in the Freestyle brochure. So I think it's not available in the Freestyle Titanium Plus.
See the attached screenshot. As per the website it has 2 usb ports, Android Auto, Carplay as well as Ford Pass.
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-img_20200219_183810.jpg  

Old 19th February 2020, 18:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
See the attached screenshot. As per the website it has 2 usb ports, Android Auto, Carplay as well as Ford Pass.
Website shows Andriod Auto & Carplay, whereas there is no mention of the same in Brochure.

Ford might have forgot to take it out from website.

https://www.india.ford.com/content/d...estyle-web.pdf
Old 19th February 2020, 19:00   #45
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Android Auto and Apple Carplay are not mentioned anywhere in the brochure. Please see the brochure
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-freestyle.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf main-brochure-freestyle-web.pdf (2.59 MB, 289 views)

Most Viewed