Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2020, 13:39   #61
BHPian

Re: BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
IIRC there's hardly 10 kg of difference in kerb weight of the two.
Yes but apart from the boot space, is there any reason to choose aspire over figo? I am talking about the top end variants of the two cars.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 18:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

I had a look at the BS6 Figo Titanium at Cauvery Ford, Mangalore. As the deletions have been well documented, let me point out to one good addition. Voice Command for Telephony (via Bluetooth through Google) has been added.

After pressing the Voice Command button located under the audio system, you can command the system to call a contact from your phone contacts list by saying "Call [Contact Name]". It works through Bluetooth using Google assistant. So, in a way, it gets a bit of the old Titanium+'s Sync functionality. I am not sure if other Voice command features for audio from Sync( play trck/play artist) is supported.

I felt sad for the sales personnel at Cauvery Ford. They are a great bunch of enthusiastic guys who deserve better equipped cars from Ford. They knew I was not looking at buying the car, but still enthusiastically explained me the features and even gave me a TD. I have a soft spot for Ford as a company and Cauvery Ford as a dealership because I thoroughly enjoyed owning my 2016 Figo Titanium+ and it was heartbreaking to see the BS6 Figo in such a sad, poorly equipped state.

With such horrible and thoughtless feature deletions, Ford is going to struggle to get numbers, bot that they were doing well anyway. But now, the BS4 Figos/Freestyles/ Aspires look from a segment above in terms of features!!!
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 22:55   #63
BHPian

I was going through the updated BS VI brochures of Figo, Aspire & Freestyle. One thing that caught my attention was the increase in service cost (published in the brochure) for the diesel variant, compared to what I have been paying for our 2016 Ecosport D. Initially it seemed to me that Ford has increased the service cost for its whole range.

Ford publishes the service cost in its website for every model/ variant. Here's the link: https://www.fordservicepricepromise....=cos_calculate. Here I randomly checked the service cost for Figo BS IV & Figo BS VI for 20k km servicing. Comparing both the estimates, I found out a difference in engine oil price. For BS IV model, Rs. 1174 worth of engine oil is needed. Ford BS VI model, Rs. 2399 worth of engine oil is needed.

This can only mean either of these 2 things, BS VI engine has a larger oil sump or a different (costly) grade of oil is needed for the BS VI engine. Can some expert shed some light on it?

Of course a 1k increase in cost per servicing isn't much. I also cross checked with Ecosport BS IV & Ecosport BS VI service estimate.

Figo BS IV service estimate:

BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-20200221_223157.jpg

Figo BS VI service estimate:

BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-20200221_223141.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 21st February 2020 at 23:02.
chiranjitp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 23:35   #64
BHPian

I think the BS VI needs CJ grade engine oil, hence it might have escalated the cost. I might be totally wrong though. It’s good to see what’s mentioned in the user manual.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Figo BS6 :

Ambiente (Petrol: Rs 5.39 lakh)
Driver and passenger airbags
ABS with EBD
Engine immobiliser
Driver and passenger seatbelt reminder
High speed alert system
Rear parking sensors
Rear fog lamps
14-inch steel wheels
Fabric upholstery
Adjustable front headrests
FordPass connectivity tech
Tilt steering
Day-night rear view mirror
Front power windows
Driver side one-touch up/down power window
Manual air conditioner
Tachometer

Trend (Petrol: Rs 5.99 lakh, Diesel: Rs 6.86 lakh)
Remote locking
Driver’s seat height adjust
2-DIN infotainment system with USB, aux-input, Bluetooth, four speakers
Steering-mounted audio controls
Front and rear power windows
Power adjustable wing mirrors

Titanium (Petrol: Rs 6.35 lakh, Diesel: Rs 7.25 lakh)
15-inch alloy wheels
Adjustable rear headrests
Push button start

Titanium Blu (Petrol: Rs 6.95 lakh, Diesel: Rs 7.85 lakh)
Side and curtain airbags
Reverse parking camera
Front fog lamps
Rear defogger
Rear wiper
Blue accents on the exterior and interior
Dual-tone paint shade with contrast black roof
7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
On-board navigation
Automatic climate control
Power folding wing mirrors
Rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps
Leather-wrapped steering wheel

Source : https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...plained-416273
fz_rider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 13:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
This can only mean either of these 2 things, BS VI engine has a larger oil sump or a different (costly) grade of oil is needed for the BS VI engine. Can some expert shed some light on it?
I also found it while I was checking out the Ford Promise website.

Is it a fully-synthetic engine oil? If it is and Ford allows it to on the BS4 vehicles as well, it would be a nice upgrade for the BS4 diesel owners.
Old 6th October 2020, 21:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post
17 inch rims are replaced with 16'
I've seen a couple of KL Figo's with 2 different patterns of the Ecosport 17" Wheels. Really look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Those alloys looks sweet!
Almost all manufacturers are now offering "Diamond Cut Alloys". While some may like them, I can't stand them. Horrible looking. I prefer the older style alloys. Not only Ford but also Maruti, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Does this mean that Ford will launch these cars with Sync 4? Not sure if its coming to India.
Don't care about any Sync 4 or 5 or 6. Just give us Mirrorlink, Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Rear wiper, Rear defogger, Fly Audio touchscreen, Automatic climate control, glossy gear lever top, fog lamps etc. have been omitted from the Figo Titanium.
I don't get most manufacturers obsession with not giving rear wipers and ACC. At least give some provision (wiring, mounting points for the motor and hole for the wiper) for the owner to retrofit later.

Quote:
15 inch alloys have been made standard on the Titanium. They look quite good IMO.
Again don't care much for this as they can be easily retrofitted.

Quote:
The Fly Audio system has been replaced by a standard 2 din system which closely resembles the unit offered by Ford in the lower variant of the Figo(KA+) in the UK.
Too outdated to be called an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
This article says automatic climate control, rear camera and rear wiper have been removed from the Figo Titanium.
This has now become a base model with alloys.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2020 at 08:46. Reason: Typo
Old 7th October 2020, 00:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
You are spot on. BS6 diesels in Ecosport and Figo/aspire/freestyle have a larger sump compared to BS4.
ES 6.6L and others 6.5L!
Attaching a pic from my SA.
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-cd2839cebeca486dbf99d7a14070cc07.jpeg  

carriage.retorq is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks