Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 15:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga-based Toyota MPV launch in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota Ertiga MPV India launch likely by August this year.
I understood Ciaz rebadge, but why this? They have a successful MPV, their strategy seems to be just keep rebadging and get the high profits in pocket.

Will this also mean we will see a Maruti Fortuner soon
prasanna.vps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 15:53   #32
BHPian

I see that designers have intentionally tried to bring erstwhile Innova grill alive here. This car will be a hit if Qualis badge is brought to life.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:17   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
I understood Ciaz rebadge, but why this? They have a successful MPV, their strategy seems to be just keep rebadging and get the high profits in pocket.
The Innova Crysta sold now has climbed up the ladder in terms of pricing, so a rebadged Ertiga could give people a lower entry point MPV into the brand. Also at the beginning of the JV, it was decided 4 models by MS will be given to Toyota (Baleno, Vitara Brezza, Ciaz and Ertiga) to rebadge in exchange of Toyota’s hybrid tech. Ciaz is barely selling 1500-2000 a month, an Ertiga can bring Toyota volumes, MPV + Toyota is synonymous in India! Even-though for us auto-enthusiasts and auto fraternity this does not go down well. For both companies there is nothing to lose, it is an absolute win-win situation for both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
I would really love the "Qualis" brand to return with this vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I see that designers have intentionally tried to bring erstwhile Innova grill alive here.
The Innova grill has been rendered and edited into the front of the Ertiga by Gaadiwaadi.

The most probable grill is this.
Maruti Ertiga-based Toyota MPV launch in 2021-a0c7631eb48349df9ccb225ce73ca110.jpeg
As shared by BHPian ynike99

I don’t think they will name the Ertiga, Qualis because it was basically called Kijang, and the Innova is also called Kijang in other SE markets. Plus Qualis has a different reputation and brand following that no other MPV can match in India. So if they name it Qualis, it can massively back-fire.

My guess is; Ciaz maybe called Vios and Ertiga maybe called either Avanza or Rush.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th April 2021 at 16:27.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days back we got to know that Toyota would rebadge Ciaz and now Ertiga!
I think the last in the list would be Alto rebadged as 'ALToyota'

So basically World's largest car manufacturer could not think of anything else to expand their base in India!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 19th April 2021 at 16:53.
HammerHead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 18:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
My guess is; Ciaz maybe called Vios and Ertiga maybe called either Avanza or Rush.
https://www.motorbeam.com/toyota-bel...d-maruti-ciaz/

Looks like it will be christened the Toyota Belta, not the Vios.
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 18:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
https://www.motorbeam.com/toyota-bel...d-maruti-ciaz/

Looks like it will be christened the Toyota Belta, not the Vios.
Yes just saw that .

The Yaris/Vios has another name which is Belta, and was sold in some parts of the world.

So it looks like all rebadged Maruti Suzuki cars are being named after now discontinued Toyota cars, so now even the Ertiga can't be named Avanza or Rush, since both of them are still in production.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th April 2021 at 18:40.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 20:00   #37
BHPian

This exercise gives Toyota 1 more reason to increase Innova's prices so as to not overlap these products.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 20:17   #38
BHPian

Why not move the Fortuner and Innova under Lexus brand and pull in all the MSIL vehicles under Toyota

Seems like Toyota isn't convinced to hand over the EV tech to Maruti unless they achieve a certain level of sales and revenue from the re-badged cars. Gives Toyota more market share and the Toyota dealership/service center profitability goes up with volumes.

Are there any customers who wouldn't have purchased the Brezza or Baleno but happily considered the Urban Cruiser or Glanza just for that T badge? My hypothesis is that these re-badged cars are just eating into MSIL's existing customers and market share. Hence the sales volumes of these re-badges cars is miniscule and Toyota is desperately looking to add more and more cars. Wondering if Toyota will soon run out of display space in its showrooms.

Last edited by sid_deb : 19th April 2021 at 20:19.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 14:06   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Rendered:

Maruti Ertiga-based Toyota MPV launch in 2021-1.jpg
Old 21st April 2021, 19:57   #40
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance. When a car is rebadged, are there significant changes to the internals of the car. For example would the fit and finish be different between Baleno and Glanza, the quality of material used (door, knobs, dashboard etc.), audio system, etc.
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:43   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post
Pardon my ignorance. When a car is rebadged, are there significant changes to the internals of the car. For example would the fit and finish be different between Baleno and Glanza, the quality of material used (door, knobs, dashboard etc.), audio system, etc.
Unfortunately no. Rebadging literally means it especially in the case of the Toyota Maruti partnership. And the badges only change where it is visible, while you might very well find parts having Maruti Suzuki labels on them. The rest of the things stay the same, especially when the twins are manufactured in the same plant.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 07:16   #42
BHPian

As I understand, this rebadging is not for Indian markets, be it the Ciaz or the Ertiga. I will not be surprised if it is an Africa market specific launch as they had done with the Baleno (It sells as Starlite).
Carma2017 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 11:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Any image with reasonably accurate rendering of the rear?
The Veloz rear exterior seems to be a bit bland - would have loved to see an Innova-ish rear for the Toyota Ertiga.
Old 12th June 2021, 17:15   #44
BANNED

Will it be a good option to explore Toyota badged Ertiga? I'm OK to compromise on 0-10sec pickup and budget <15L since my household has senior citizens and usually hop on 80KMPH. Is any reliable source of info available about launch timeline and what name Toyota going to badge? Like we know now for Ciaz = Belta.
Old 11th October 2021, 13:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Toyota announces rebadged Ertiga in South Africa; called the Rumion. May replace the Avanza in the South African market.

Maruti Ertiga-based Toyota MPV launch in 2021-fbznrejxoaicgvh.jpeg

Prices rumoured to start at 245600 South African Rand.

Source: cars.co.za

Unrelated to the Scion xB-based car of similar name sold in other markets earlier.

Last edited by ron178 : 11th October 2021 at 13:32.
ron178 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks