Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 19:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS AMT now available in Asta trim

Mod Note: Our Grand i10 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Thanks to Manivannan Palanisamy for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS AMT now available in Asta trim-hyundai_grand_i10_nios_.jpg

Hyundai is now offering the automated manual transmission (AMT) option on the top-spec Asta trim of the Grand i10 NIOS.

The Grand i10 NIOS is powered by a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 4,000 rpm and a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder diesel unit that puts out 74 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750-2,250 rpm. Both engines are available with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

Earlier this week, Hyundai also introduced a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine in the Grand i10 NIOS. This engine produces 99 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm @ 1,500-4,000 rpm and comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2020 at 11:31. Reason: Link to review
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 19:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS AMT now available in Asta trim

Good move. It never made sense to force a willing customer to trade one feature for another, or convenience for safety.

Give them the choice, plenty are willing to pay.

P.S. Imagine having the luxury of an autobox and a rear wiper in one car!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 20:59   #3
BHPian

That's really amazing, I was scrolling through Hyundai website and stumbled upon this (Asta AMT) in their pdf brochure and was totally confused as it was not mentioned elsewhere. Thanks Team-Bhp and TusharK for confirming it.

I am looking forward to buy one for my spouse strictly for city use (running daily errands, picking/dropping kids etc.) and can't think of a better option (still open to suggestions though). Though Hyundai has answered our prayers and launched Asta with AMT, yet I drool upon that 1.0 Gasoline Turbo with that Venue DCT box. Perhaps it's impossible to satisfy an enthusiast

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th February 2020 at 21:15. Reason: Typo.
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 21:20   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

A good move to break away from the monotony and the staid image of the i 10/ Grand / Nios range as a "to office and back" car. Hopefully, Hyundai will also look at introducing a GT variant for a separate niche of car lovers. The 1.0 litre / 3 cyl / TC variant, with a 99 bhp output @ 6000 rpm is somewhere nearer.

The car makers from the Far East have rarely given it a thought !
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 21:53   #5
BHPian

While this move is certainly welcome, it comes on the backdrop of deletion of some features which basically means Asta is like "Asta lite" now. Why is Hyundai going one step forward and one back? Still a good car.

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS AMT now available in Asta trim-163180.jpg

Source - https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-gra...-12353877.html

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th February 2020 at 22:01. Reason: Resized picture.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 21:54   #6
BHPian

That’s a welcome move. I think Hyundai has finally realised that there are customers who are willing to shell out extra for the top trims in the automatic variants. The leaked news regarding the Creta trims also confirms the same.
Old 29th February 2020, 09:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is pretty normal with Hyundai isn't it? Even when the CVT was introduced in i20, it came only in Sportz and Asta. And after few months it was introduced in Asta(O). They just do it to prevent the initial sticker price shock I feel. Rest it's always on their cards to have the top trim Automatic.

Having said that wonder when they would decide to introduce the SX(O) DCT in Venue. Keeping rear wash wipe limited to only top trim is just criminal

Last edited by SoumenD : 29th February 2020 at 09:34.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 22:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Having said that wonder when they would decide to introduce the SX(O) DCT in Venue. Keeping rear wash wipe limited to only top trim is just criminal
I am sure the Venue SX(O) DCT is just around the corner, I feel Hyundai is internally rejigging the variants. Even the upcoming Creta will be available in SX(O) trim with all the three Auto Boxes, the Verna too is getting a top end Auto for both Petrol & Diesel except the Turbo variant. Now, the Aura & Venue lacks an Auto top end which ought be introduced by next month I guess which also makes me wonder, are they doing it batch wise?

First Santro got it followed by Nios, the upcoming Verna and Creta too would have it from launch hence I am sure the Aura and Venue are next in line to receive the update.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed