Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 10:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled

Mercedes-Benz has unveiled the new E-Class with updated styling and new powertrain options.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-20200303024728_2020mercedeseclassfron1.jpg

The E-Class facelift gets a redesigned grille and re-profiled headlamp clusters. At the rear, the car gets new tail lights and a dual-tone bumper with chrome exhaust tips.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-20200303024728_2020mercedeseclassrear1.jpg

On the inside, the new model comes with dual 10.25-inch screens - one for the MBUX infotainment system and one as the digital instrument cluster. The new 3-spoke steering wheel has capacitive touch controls. Mercedes offers two more steering wheel options on the E-Class.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-20200303024739_2020mercedeseclassfront.jpg

In the international market, the new E-Class will be available with seven petrol mild-hybrid engines ranging from 154 BHP to 362 BHP and diesel plug-in hybrid powertrains producing between 158 BHP to 325 BHP. Mercedes also offers 6-cylinder petrol and diesel engines as well as a 4-cylinder petrol mild-hybrid.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-20200303024740_2020mercedeseclassrear.jpg

The AMG E53 comes with a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder turbo petrol engine that makes 429 BHP and 520 Nm. It comes with a 48V starter-alternator electric motor that adds another 22 BHP and 250 Nm of torque.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th March 2020 at 10:52.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 11:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2020 at 07:49.
Old 4th March 2020, 11:42   #3
BHPian

It looks like they've forcefully modified the design according to the family design language!
The front has gone a little too soft which makes it look timid. Rear is still fine.
Merc's new design language is definitely not to my taste!
Nazaar25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 12:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
This looks like a Skoda/VW design at the rear. I am a bit disappointed :(
Old 4th March 2020, 12:20   #5
BHPian

The current generation is gorgeous. This looks too sporty and ruins the luxury appeal that the current one has. I wouldn't mind if this one was an E63. Hopefully they make the LWB India-spec different.
evoker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 12:28   #6
BHPian

I guess I am the minority that liked this conservative classic design. Much better than BMW and its ugly grill.
Deep Blue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 12:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I guess I am the minority that liked this conservative classic design. Much better than BMW and its ugly grill.
I am with you on this! Except for the interior full of big displays, everything else is classic mercedes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
...with chrome exhaust tips.

Attachment 1976366....
TusharK: Please correct that statement to "FAKE" Exhaust tips!
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 13:09   #8
Team-BHP Support

Classy inside out! Absolutely loved the elegant design, and the interiors look minimal yet opulent. Compared to boring Audis and overdone BMWs, Mercedes is nailing it in the design department.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 15:57   #9
BHPian

Wow talk about ugly. This is classic Mercedes. They launch one generation with incredible design and the next must always follow with terrible design. The same thing happened with the beautiful W211 and the confused W212. They fixed it with W213 and now we get this trainwreck.

It looks like an Audi/VW from behind and has no character at all from the front.

I'm glad I got my W211 and will be keeping it till it's a vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Much better than BMW and its ugly grill.
This is true but hardly a compliment considering just how terrible the new BMWs are. It doesn't take much to look better than that.
Old 4th March 2020, 16:24   #10
BHPian

I also dislike the new front.

I'm glad I have my 2016 W212. I feel it will age well with me (not saying I'm old)!
Old 4th March 2020, 16:54   #11
BHPian

The front lacks the aggressiveness of the current E63, while the back looks like the sedan version of A-class.

Honestly, I'm very disappointed with this face-lift.
Old 5th March 2020, 12:52   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unlike most BHPians, I actually love the facelift. BUT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
This looks too sporty and ruins the luxury appeal that the current one has.
This sporty front will look weird on the long-wheelbase limousine version we have here. Mercedes India should instead just tweak the existing design (which still is astonishingly handsome).
Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-dsc_0769.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:58   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This sporty front will look weird on the long-wheelbase limousine version we have here...
We fixed it by opting for the classic grill and standing logo - looks very elegant and timeless - we love our E350d and feel it will age very well!
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 14:11   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This sporty front will look weird on the long-wheelbase limousine version we have here. Mercedes India should instead just tweak the existing design (which still is astonishingly handsome).
I have a feeling that they may opt for the more traditional grille (instead of the diamond one) for the LWB version. And considering that they have the full range available in India, I feel they should add the standard model as an option in the Indian portfolio.

And the AMG face looks wicked!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-2020mercedesamge53.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 13:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

According to a media report, Mercedes-Benz is likely to launch the E-Class facelift in 2021.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-eclass1.jpg

The E-Class facelift was unveiled in March 2020. The car gets a redesigned grille and new headlamp units that have integrated LED daytime running lights. At the rear, the car gets new tail lights and a dual-tone bumper with chrome exhaust tips.

On the inside, the new E-Class gets a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel with capacitive touch control, digital instrument cluster and a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift unveiled-eclass2.jpg

In the international market, the new E-Class will be available with petrol mild-hybrid and diesel plug-in hybrid powertrains. The car also comes with conventional petrol and diesel engine options.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks