Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 23:29   #16
BHPian

re: BS6 Honda WR-V facelift. Edit: Launched at 8.08 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The 1.5 would put the WRV right into Seltos/Creta price range which would kill any sales they can get out of the Jazz platform. Who would spend Seltos money on an older car that's a size smaller?
They always have the option of detuning the motor.
I agree it's an extra effort but if they could plonk in the same engine in Mobilio which was retailing around the 10 Lakh range, I don't see any why it isn't feasible for WR-V. Moreover, it rakes in more sales than Jazz and is a successful product hence it's all the more reason to upgrade it making the vehicle much more desirable.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 23:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The 1.5 would put the WRV right into Seltos/Creta price range which would kill any sales they can get out of the Jazz platform. Who would spend Seltos money on an older car that's a size smaller?
The top end VX 1.2L petrol manual is 9.34L ex showroom and the 1.5L diesel is 10.35L ex showroom.

We know the CVT will be 1.2 lakh more than MT and we know in case of the City the CVT is 10K more than 1.5L Diesel MT.

Applying all that to the W-RV price you will get ex-showroom tag of 10.5-10.7L.

The Ecosport Titanium AT is 11.43L ex showroom. Brezza AT is 11.15L ex.

This means Honda can price it below the Ford and the Brezza if they had to get it.

The Seltos 1.5L CVT is 14.1L ex showroom. Far away from these 3.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 02:04   #18
NKN
BHPian

Having owned a 1.5 VX IDTEC for over the past year, here are my two bits.
The 1.2 petrol felt highly under-powered as others mentioned which is why I opted for the diesel.

Would have expected Honda to come up with an auto box, upgraded music system avoiding the current lags, 60:40 split rear seats with proper head rests etc. to make it a better rounded package.

It however for me remains a nice VFM package compared to some of its competitors, may be because I own one :-)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th March 2020 at 11:40. Reason: Typos.
Old 10th March 2020, 09:41   #19
BHPian

The 1.2 l Petrol again ? Other brands like Ford, Hyundai and Kia are giving all sorts of engine options. What is holding back Honda from plonking the 1.5 l ivtec in this car? A CVT with that may do wonders. The 1.2 l ivtec version of the WRV is the least desirable one for me in the list of compact SUVs, pricey, no value for money, no engine response, things like adjustable head rest in the rear seat missing. Did a trip with 4 on board, Pune to Shirdi, the car struggled a lot in the ghats, one has to switch off AC and wait for the torque to come, it's so frustrating, I literally had a headache
amiya.c is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 10:09   #20
BHPian

All discussions are concentrated on the heart of the matter (engine). Of course, this is explicable. Curious to know whether any info available about the matter that supports the head. Will Honda offer proper headrests for rear seat passengers?
k_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 10:30   #21
BHPian

Petrolheads will be happy to pay 50k-60k more than the Brezza and buy a WRV with a 1.5 iVTEC (speaking from a manual buyer perspective).

The extra 55k-65k will give buyers:
1. The best 1.5 NA petrol engine in the market.
2. Honda provides much better steering feel than both Hyundai and Maruti in comparison.
3. Better looking interiors and better fit and finish overall.
4. The 1.5 motor and gearbox combo (both auto & MT) will make the WRV a true performance crossover.

The WRV was the best thing that ever happened to the jazz platform in India, but now the competition has moved on and it's high time honda plonked that 1.5 iVTEC in it.
John316_WRC is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 01:40   #22
BHPian

It seems Honda really doesn't want to remain in India anymore and hence the casual approach. The fact about the 1.2 mill is that while it was perfectly suited for the Brio, it feels extremely lethargic in all the other Honda cars that it does duty on. If there are 4 people seated with the air-conditioner switched on, the car would probably stall in case one starts on an incline, much like being stuck on a traffic jam at the start of a flyover. It can get pretty frustrating pretty fast as it did with me while driving a relative's Amaze. So much so that I asked my co-passenger to share my amazement by taking to driving the lousy piece of metal. Left me 'Simply Disappointed'!
Old 20th May 2020, 21:18   #23
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/2020-honda-...UUHZRycfqPab5g

WR-V facelift spied at dealer
sv97 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 13:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Honda WR-V facelift likely to be available in two variants

The refreshed WR-V will be available with BS6 petrol and diesel engines with cosmetic changes to differentiate between them.

On the updated model, there are just the SV and VX.

Besides mandatory safety equipment, even the entry-level WR-V SV will be offered with two airbags, front fog lamps, a manual day/night inside rear-view mirror, a rear defogger and a rear parking camera. In terms of creature comforts and features, the base variant will get 16-inch alloy wheels, projector headlights, LED DRLs, driver’s seat height adjust, power folding and adjustable ORVMs, power windows, automatic climate control, the 7.0-inch Digipad 2.0 touchscreen infotainment interface, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility and SD card-based navigation.

The top-spec WR-V VX variant will add safety kit such as a rear wiper and features like LED headlights, tail-lights and fog lights, a front centre armrest, cruise control, keyless entry and go, a leather-wrapped steering and a powered sunroof.

In addition, petrol and diesel versions of the WR-V will be differentiated by their alloy-wheel designs.

The 90hp, 1.2-litre petrol and 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel engines will continue to be on offer – with upgrades to meet BS6 norms – in just manual form

The information that has surfaced online also suggests that the Honda WR-V will come with a three-year/unlimited kilometre warranty as standard.

BS6 Honda WR-V facelift. Edit: Launched at 8.08 lakhs.-20200521121914_2020wrvfront.jpg

BS6 Honda WR-V facelift. Edit: Launched at 8.08 lakhs.-20200521121914_2020wrvrear1.jpg

BS6 Honda WR-V facelift. Edit: Launched at 8.08 lakhs.-20200521121915_2020wrvrear2.jpg

Source
CarguyNish is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 14:47   #25
BHPian

Looks like they still think adjustable headrests for the rear seats are premium on a 1 million car!! Silly me, expecting them to bring back those magic seats.
2cents is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 15:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
If there are 4 people seated with the air-conditioner switched on, the car would probably stall in case one starts on an incline, much like being stuck on a traffic jam at the start of a flyover.
I have always stated that the L15 (and not the 1.2 litre L12) engine should be the base engine in the all the Fit / Jazz platform cars (link to my post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4742079 (Honda India : The Way Forward)), but in my opinion what you said seems like a severe exaggeration. I have taken the Jazz petrol MT with 4 people and their luggage to Gangotri twice and Ooty once with AC on 100% (yes I kept the AC on even on the climb beyond Harsil) and made it comfortably. And before you ask what I am comparing this 'comfort' with, my previous drives to Uttarakhand (20+ instances) were in the Palio 1.6 in which I had to turn the AC off as it sapped way too much power.

The key factor to be aware of is that these cars have an electronic throttle. The actual throttle plate would not open to let more air in under conditions such as mashing the accelerator pedal while at low rpm, high load. So one does have to drive it differently.

So I agree that the right sized engines need to be fitted, but don't agree with the exact situation you described. The chassis on the Fit platform cars are good enough to handle even 150 bhp with some basic changes to the suspension and tyres, in my opinion.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 21st May 2020 at 15:29.
vipul_singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 17:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oh wow! Finally a thread which has all the thoughts that I wanted to say. When I was in buying a car two years ago, I test drove the WRV first. Looks wise both(me &my wife) of us had liked it, but one test drive later and we were both dumbfounded - it was a lazy lethargic engine and no grunt at all. Nothing, not even one bit which could have said that this is a Honda that I am driving. We had thought the WRV would have been the easiest pick of the lot. But the lazy engine spoilt the party completely.

End result: we ended up buying the Ecosport petrol titanium with the 1.5L engine. One drive and the deal was sealed.

It seems Honda has forgotten those competent engines they have and are hell bent on getting outwitted to by the competition.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 21st May 2020 at 17:23. Reason: Typos
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 17:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sorry, I might be missing something, but why does this car need "pre-bookings"? Is Honda playing some practical joke on itself? Its quite dark humor if yes.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 17:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm sorry, I might be missing something, but why does this car need "pre-bookings"? Is Honda playing some practical joke on itself? Its quite dark humor if yes.

Just another Press Release
Old 24th May 2020, 15:52   #30
BHPian

i own a wrv vx petrol 1.2 feb 2018 model
The 1.2 petrol engine is just about alright for city commute,and on the highway it can cruise comfortably even with 5 occupants around 100kmph to 120kmph,but there is no outright performance especially if you want to overtake,its just a cruiser.Also the air conditioning takes time to cool the cabin mainly because of the huge glass area.
The facelift should have come with a 1.5L petrol and that would have definitely given a much needed punch to the WRV sales, even if the cost would have gone up to around rs 1 lac extra customers wouldn't have mind paying as it would have definitely been worth it
vineetg84 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks