Chevy Optra 23 2.74%
Mahindra Scorpio 48 5.72%
Voters: 839. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2004, 16:46   #1
Team-BHP Support

Your Only car...choose one

You need 1 car, to be used for everything from lugging your family and kids (2) around on a trip out of town, to using it as your daily driver in the congested city.

Which one would you pick?
Old 6th April 2004, 17:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

From the given choices, I take the Forester. Its an amazing car Impreza chassis, 4x4 , station wagon and not to big to go around town as well .. Looks great too

Cheers
Old 6th April 2004, 17:23   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Without a second thought, the Honda Accord. Its massive (the bigger the better for me), classy, powerful, reliable and very very well-built. In fact, except for the droopy rear butt I dont see it lacking in one area...and I am honestly starting to love the overall look now.

Can I have a V6 please?

GTO
Old 6th April 2004, 18:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ April 06 2004,15:32)]From the given choices, I take the Forester. Its an amazing car Impreza chassis, 4x4 , station wagon and not to big to go around town as well .. Looks great too
I was tempted by the Forester too. Till I sat in the back seat! Cramped is a word that comes to mind. There really is no space at all if you have an average sized person in the seat in front. However, if you are in the front, its great! Unfortunately cars like this will really never sell in large numbers in India. But its great that GM took the step of launching it here...however wrong their marketing advisors were.

Personally, i like the Skoda. Right size for the city, excellent highway car and that great engine. Now all I gotto do is source the chip and bump the power upto 130Hp. All for less than 300 pounds.
Old 6th April 2004, 18:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Maybe ure right bout the rear seat . My family will be uncomfortable but i just love the Forester it really looks somethin when i see one on the road
Old 6th April 2004, 18:33   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I was tempted by the Forester too. Till I sat in the back seat! Cramped is a word that comes to mind. There really is no space at all if you have an average sized person in the seat in front
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Personally, i like the Skoda.
The most common (and sometimes only one) complaint that car-testers and actual owner have had against the Octavia is the lack of rear seat leg-room. It is pretty cramped at the back

GTO
Old 6th April 2004, 18:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

True GTO, but for some reason, maybe its the angle of the seat back or the extra thigh support, but somehow you feel more comfortable in the Octi. One of those things that simple numbers can't explain I guess?!
Old 6th April 2004, 18:43   #8
Team-BHP Support

oh yea, this was the dilema mu dad faced when he wanted to buy a new car. The Scooby was perfect for us, on paper, 'cept for that darned rear seat. And I have a feeling the Octi will be more reliable long term, as we don't buy/sell cars often, this is important. Dunno if you read an issue of Overdrive where Hari Singh had driver across India - West to East - and the scooby's struts broke...not once, but twice!! Guess Indian roads r tougher than stages of the WRC as well
Old 6th April 2004, 18:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

i apologise for the typo's...one of those days lol
Old 6th April 2004, 19:47   #10
BHPian

By the way, just a clarification. The Accord also includes the V6 option, dun it?
Well even if it dont, I opted for Honda Accord. Without a doubt, it'll be accord everytime (while these options are in front. Though, am surpised to see, not a single vote yet for the Octavia.
Old 6th April 2004, 19:55   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ April 06 2004,18:17)]Though, am surpised to see, not a single vote yet for the Octavia.
there's ONE now....lol...
Old 6th April 2004, 23:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

the Skoda Octavia for me too. fairly powerful, loads of torque. very comfortable in the back seat too. though leg room is a little scanty. but i could do with that. the fuel economy is good. and i love the audi and vw styling hints..especially the flying c-pillar buttress. and i am a sucker for new generation diesel technology..read Pumpe Deuse.
what got me a little thinkinmg was the Accord, looks worth a million bucks and the vtec's a screamer. and even though the v6 is thrown it, i wouldn't want it because it's an automatic.
Old 7th April 2004, 01:01   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia for me too. Its got looks, mileage and performance too.
Old 7th April 2004, 01:50   #14
Team-BHP Support

I'll go with the Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi. It has got enough grunt, good economy, huge boot and good looks. The Honda Accord is better to drive but, remember that you'll be driving in the city too where its extra length may prove to be a disadvantage while parking.
The Subaru Forester is tempting too, but, a station wagon will never have the image of a saloon car.
Old 7th April 2004, 01:51   #15
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Honda Accord for me...just love the car...love the size..the looks..& efficiency comparable to many midsizers...oohhhh

M3
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks