Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:41   #106
BHPian

Re: Is this the Tata Nexon DCT?

Absolutely disappointed. Was actually considering this yesterday and was excited. The XM variant for me is poorly equipped and I was really looking up to this. Instead they went for gimmicky features like automatic headlamps and rain sensing wipers. They really should have considered things which actually matter. Even a sunroof is not as important. A XM+ with the below would have made more sense than this XM(S).
  • Height adjustable driver seat
  • Alloys
  • Front and back armrest
  • Fog Lamps
  • Rear wiper with wash and defogger
  • Day-Night ORVM

I am flabbergasted that one of the safest cars of the country misses out on these features and goes for an AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP. Why put the rear wiper and alloys in the teaser then?
SansGT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
It is clear that Tata thinks masses prefer bling features over basic safety and convenience features!
Can we really blame TATA for having such thoughts ? The Indian market clearly says that we prefer bling over safety. And we can't really say that basic safety isn't covered by TATA. Necessary safety features along with an overall safe construction comes from the base variant itself. For someone with <10L budget, he will be quite happy to have features like steering controls, sunroof and automatic headlamps & wipers in his car, quite premium!

Last edited by kamilharis : 2nd September 2020 at 12:03.
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:04   #108
Senior - BHPian

At 8.36L , does it make Nexon, the cheapest car with factory fitted sunroof?
If so, I guess the junta is getting what they asked for.

However, my pick over sunroof, auto headlamps/wipers would be-
1) Rear defogger with wash wipe
2) Height adjustable driver seat
3) Day-night IRVM ( doesn't XM already have this?)
4) Adjustable rear head rests (don't know if XM already has this)

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 2nd September 2020 at 12:07.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:18   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
I am flabbergasted that one of the safest cars of the country misses out on these features and goes for an AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP. Why put the rear wiper and alloys in the teaser then?
I don't mind that they have omitted these features. Most other car makers do the same. Such features only on top trims. Its a must now for the government to step-in and standardize these items for all trims. Its high time really.

On the other hand - its either very naive OR very dishonest to show the rear wipe & alloy wheels in all images in teasers as well as unveil. Either way - its absolutely unacceptable from a reputed brand across domains. Even a cheeky "Accessories shown are not part of standard equipment" line at the bottom cannot justify this since alloys maybe yes - but rear wipe cannot be added as an accessory at all. Quite disappointed.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
[*]Day-Night ORVM
This would be IRVM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Can we really blame TATA for having such thoughts ? The Indian market clearly says that we prefer bling over safety. And we can't really say that basic safety isn't covered by TATA. Necessary safety features along with an overall safe construction comes from the base variant itself. For someone with <10L budget, he will be quite happy to have features like steering controls, sunroof and automatic headlamps & wipers in his car, quite premium!
I would disagree. The XM variant is anything but premium in looks. The small infotainment is much better implemented in other cars (like a Rapid Rider) and the look and feel is far from premium. That with a manual AC, no armrest at rear or front, a simple IRVM makes it far from premium. A sunroof implementation would be quite contrasting in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
3) Day-night IRVM ( doesn't XM already have this?)
4) Adjustable rear head rests (don't know if XM already has this)
Day-Night IRVM is not present in Nexon XM.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:44   #111
Senior - BHPian

There can be 2 ways we can look at this variant.

First- We get an additional variant with some of the goodies for a reasonable price hike of 55k. As much as I believe sunroof is a waste in our country the fact remains most people prefer it. Heck, my cousin brother who just bought a Nexon XZ+ 2 days back commented to me during delivery- 'bro this car has everything I wanted, only if it had a sunroof too at this price. So, sunroof sells cars.

Second- Tata missed an opportunity to actually provide features which would have been more useful. Like ACC, seat height adjust, Day/Night Irvm, alloys. Instead of Auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers which in actual we can do without easily. Even just ACC and seat height adjust would have been welcomed a lot.

Personally, I will buy the XZ+ variant which has the features which I will need, rather than this XMS.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 13:29   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

DCT is still being extensively tested. It might not be out before Q2-2021.

It is lined up to be offered in two mass-market Tatas - Nexon & Altroz - so they are not taking any chances with a premature and hurried launch.
RavenAvi is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 11:37   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
DCT is still being extensively tested. It might not be out before Q2-2021.

It is lined up to be offered in two mass-market Tatas - Nexon & Altroz - so they are not taking any chances with a premature and hurried launch.
I'll be happy if it gets delayed, because I've almost finalised on getting a nexon amt this month.
Old 9th September 2020, 11:55   #114
BHPian

If DCT gets launched in the Nexon in future, what would happen to the current AMT version? Considering that DCT will make the car expensive, will AMT continue as well providing both the options for the same variant?
Looking for some idea on how this kind of upgrade was managed and executed in the past.
Old 9th September 2020, 12:14   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
If DCT gets launched in the Nexon in future, what would happen to the current AMT version? Considering that DCT will make the car expensive, will AMT continue as well providing both the options for the same variant?
Looking for some idea on how this kind of upgrade was managed and executed in the past.
Maybe, dct in top variant and amt in lower variants? Kia and hyundai already offer multiple options.
zhopudey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 18:53   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post

All these years in production and all the know-how are already available. Still, in India, the manufacturers charge north of 1L for a torque converter automatic over a manual
Volume is the simple answer. Torque converters are still imported. The day they are manufactured entirely in India, they will become cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
I completely second this! The Torque Converter in the Hexa is the best in the business in the price range and the segment. Its a very eager shifter and quick enough too.

I had driven Creta AT and it was no where near as good.

The Hexa's Torque Converter Unit is an underrated gem!
The Missus is used to a succession of VW DCTs previously but experiencing the Hexa AT a few days ago on a long stretch of cut and thrust high speed traffic, she felt I was driving to aggressively. Despite being a 2.5 ton behemoth the AT encourages my half-century old self to drive like a hooligan

Or maybe the Missus is getting old. Don't tell her I said that or it is the couch for me tonight!

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th September 2020 at 11:34. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Edit option to add to original post. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2020, 23:32   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
I'll be happy if it gets delayed, because I've almost finalised on getting a nexon amt this month.
Are u happy with the AMT performance? Any jerks during gear shifts?
Old 2nd November 2020, 08:42   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
Are u happy with the AMT performance? Any jerks during gear shifts?
Yes, can feel the jerks if driving with a heavy foot. Sports mode reduces it to a large extent. But after driving the car for a couple of weeks, I've gotten used to it. So, my conclusion is that even an AMT is much better than manual.
zhopudey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 22:24   #119
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon spied testing in Pune, could be DCT Automatic

Is this the Tata Nexon DCT?-20201218_222158.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 09:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon DCT spied testing alongside Gravitas