1.Overdrive 211 23.92%
2.Autocar India 576 65.31%
3.BS Motoring 95 10.77%
Voters: 882. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2006, 20:33   #106
BHPian

I think auto-car is much better than overdrive....The figures in overdrive are all screwed up man...For example...according to overdrive the honda city(not v-tec)..gives an average of 27kmpl on an highway...Tats all bull man.....Tat is wy u always see tat whenever any add of any car come they always show the overdrive review cauze it full of **** man........

Note from Moderator - Post edited. Please mind your language on TBHP and type in full words and not SMS / Chat language.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd March 2006 at 10:04.
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:38   #107
Team-BHP Support

Did anyone see the new Overdrive website?

http://www.overdrive.in/
Old 24th March 2006, 20:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Did anyone see the new Overdrive website?

http://www.overdrive.in/
Seems to be down temporarily.
Old 26th March 2006, 22:10   #109
BHPian

overdrive seems to be a clear rip off. They claim the following mileage:

NHC 27 on highways
Fiests 1.4 21 on highways

Very unrealistic, even the manufacturers dont claim that much. They always praise honda and toyota only!
Old 29th March 2006, 12:12   #110

I prefer Autocar any day.They seem more professional though they do seem to be a bit biased.But far better than OD which always trumpets loudly how it is the no 1 mag in India.Ironically many of Autocar's current staff were originally with Overdrive like Rishad mehta,Ashley Baxter etc.Wonder how the OD team feels about it.
Old 29th March 2006, 12:46   #111
anupam9055

i too have been a reader of OD for a long time now....
but now i am sick and tired of that magazine.
i am just waiting for the subcription to expire and then will shift to some other magazine.
i wanted to know which is better overdrive or ACI.
please help

Old 29th March 2006, 14:33   #112

Now that most mags in India have come together to launch ICOTY awards why do they still retain their independent awards.It will only confuse readers and consumers.Don't you think it will be better to have one standard award given collectively by the automotive media.
Old 30th March 2006, 19:38   #113
BHPian

with the cost of these mags pretty high its expensive to buy more than one . used to read OD but found AC better in all aspects. now however with TG in the fray i think its more between AC and TG. BMS suffers from bad advertising/awareness/appeal, hence inspite of having great content it lags behind the top 2.
Old 18th October 2006, 18:54   #114
BHPian

i find autocar more detailed and makes for far more interesting reading than either of the other two...
Old 18th October 2006, 20:15   #115
Senior - BHPian

i like the overdrive photos than the ones in autocar.tests are better in autocar.and both of them are almost ok with contents.bs motoring out of question .they jump into conclussions and their articles are not neutral .its always biased.
ram
Old 18th October 2006, 21:20   #116
BHPian

ACI was really the first magazine with the look and content of an international car mag. OD is more of a glossy chic mag and TG has more of an international outlook and is not very informative on the Indian automobile front. (BTW I renewed my TG subscription as they are
offering a 50% discount. Rs. 360 only for a 1-year sub as against Rs. 720 - this info is just for the benefit of forum members).

But I'm really cross with ACI for not correcting technical specification of vehicles in the car stats pages in the end. I even wrote a stinker to them but no reply or action. Their stats for all foreign imports and other luxury cars (namely Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, RR) are up-to-date as if every third Indian buys them. But the specs for Indian vehicles are given little attention. A case in point is the bhp and torque figures for the Indigo (diesel). Even the latest issue mentions the following specs:
Max. power: 62 PS @ 4500 rpm
Max. torque: 12.5 Kgm @ 2500 rpm

whereas the actual specs are as follows, since the TDi was launched in Sep 2005:
Max. power: 70 PS @ 4500 rpm
Max. torque: 13.5 Kgm @ 2500 rpm

It specially irked me since I bought the car in March this year. Features don't matter as much if they are not accurate, but a leading automag should alteast get the tech specs correct. But all in all there is no mag that comes close to ACI, barring certain bias against Indian manufacturers especially Tata Motors. All this is my personal opinion. But the above mentioned tech specs are a fact which can be cross-checked by picking up the mag.
Old 18th October 2006, 21:40   #117
BHPian

I find this very much difficult ...
although i have subscribed to autocar india i buy some issues of overdrive since they too aren't bad at reporting....
recently i bought their report on golden quad with corolla and civic and octavia...
but certain things such as indian motorsport news... i find overdirve has more content ... but unfortunately autocar india conducts speed run....
Autocar gives away sensible freebies .... overdrive messed up giving some collectable **** stickers
Guys why didn't you include topgear into poll .... it has lot of int content...

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 18th October 2006 at 21:41.
Old 19th October 2006, 11:15   #118
BHPian

The quality of writing in OD is simply appalling! They can't write one complete sentence without spelling / grammatical errors. Makes for very hard reading at least for me.
Old 19th October 2006, 11:35   #119
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Add to that, their new found passion with youthful writing. Direct and indirect use of abusive language with a taste of humour that is torture! I can spend 6 collective hours with a new Autocarindia, but only about 30 minutes with an Overdrive magazine.

Direction. Focus. Thats what OD needs.
Old 21st October 2006, 10:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

OD - They still maintain their City mileage of overall 19kmpl (I think) - 14 in City and 20+ on highways ..
What amused me was a recent report on their long term ZX Vtec, where all they could manage was an overall mileage of something around 13 kmpl
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks