1.Overdrive 211 23.92%
2.Autocar India 576 65.31%
3.BS Motoring 95 10.77%
Voters: 882. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 15:24   #361
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Autocar India. But all the magazines has an easy way to fill the last 10+ pages with the car/bike prices - mostly with in accurate, wrong and lack of details.

If they are true to themselves and value the customers who spend Rs.100 for their magazine they should make it once in 3 months - or limit that section to new car prices only.

A normal car buyer do not need such magazine, and the Magazine buyer do not buy these magazines to check prices. In Most cases.

In fact they can maintain the prices online (can do frequent changes too)and ask readers of the magazines to check their site for pricing related.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:36   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Voted for Autocar India. But all the magazines has an easy way to fill the last 10+ pages with the car/bike prices - mostly with in accurate, wrong and lack of details.
Amen to that. The latest issue of Top Gear claims the Versa DX1 is more expensive than the twin-AC DX2, and that the Gypsy soft top is pricier than the hard top. Incidentally, how do Car India, Top Gear and Auto Bild stack up against the three mags in this thread's poll?
Old 14th October 2009, 13:38   #363
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Here is an interesting episode from Autocar show in UTV. It was also published in their 10th anniversary issue & it was the most interesting articel in it from me.

YouTube - History of Mercedes S-class
Awesome compilation & job by Renuka! Seeing the different generations of the S-Class was a sight for sore eyes, and comes as such a breath of fresh air amongst the usual fare that these shows dish out. Sure, it'd have been great to have some more info on the unique aspects / differentiators of each generation, but overall, and considering the show's varied audience, excellent show! Look forward to more enthusiast-oriented coverage.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:02   #364
J.Ravi

I am a regular subscriber of Overdrive. When I visited Concorde Motors, Bangalore, on 6 October 2009 for pre-delivery inspection of my Fiat Linea, I had an oppurtunity to go through the recent issue of Autocar India. Immediately, I became a fan of that magazine. After coming home, I subscribed to it online getting triple benefit of discounted subscription, 1:18 radio controlled Ferrari model and 3 car perfumes. Of course, I watch the four auto shows on TV channels on Saturdays. There also, Autocar India scores more than the others, IMO.

Old 14th October 2009, 17:10   #365
BANNED

I voted for BS Motoring. Its style of writing, interesting anecdotes and a different way of portraying the automotive world. Yes, their issues come late to the market, at least here in Bangalore but that's ok with me. Team BHP is always there for "Hot News"
Old 14th October 2009, 21:32   #366
Senior - BHPian

Anyone reads Zigwheels regularly? I hardly see them in shops.
Old 14th October 2009, 23:56   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Awesome compilation & job by Renuka! Seeing the different generations of the S-Class was a sight for sore eyes, and comes as such a breath of fresh air amongst the usual fare that these shows dish out. Sure, it'd have been great to have some more info on the unique aspects / differentiators of each generation, but overall, and considering the show's varied audience, excellent show! Look forward to more enthusiast-oriented coverage.
Yes this report by Autocar was a very interesting one indeed. Did not have the rubbish Top-Gear wannabe mumbo jumbo on some of the other news channels.

Need to get that copy now to see how it looks on paper.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:12   #368
BHPian

Need to mention since last few months not buying any magazine saving of almost more than 200 per month.
But teambhp is too addictive.As soon as i reach home am hooked to this forum.And if the internt is down then am logging on bhp on my nokia 6275 with poera mini,this is real addiction.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:32   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Anyone reads Zigwheels regularly? I hardly see them in shops.
I thought it only appeared as a newspaper supplement/pullout & that too in the mumbai edition, though I cannot recall which paper.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:35   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I thought it only appeared as a newspaper supplement/pullout & that too in the mumbai edition, though I cannot recall which paper.
In our region it comes with Economic Times.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:40   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Am sure it will be Mumbai Mirror or Bombay Times as Zigwheels is own by Times group.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:40   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
In our region it comes with Economic Times.
OK, then it must be TOI in Navi Mumbai as I do not buy ET there.
Old 15th October 2009, 06:52   #373
Senior - BHPian

I do not watch much about Cars/wheels on TV after 90s. I used watch BBC TOPGEAR during 91-95.
Is there any shows that I miss? Timings, Channel Etc?
Old 16th October 2009, 13:56   #374
Senior - BHPian

Zig Wheels

I saw new ZigWheels magazine first with my neighbour who is an elderly person & has least interest in autos. But he told he brought it because of its price & quality! Surprised to see the first issue; it's in A3 paper layout with class paper & printing quality @ a shocking price tag of Rs.10/-. But there is no subscribtion form in it. Hope Adil will retail the price tag as well as paper & printing quality. Or will it come in newsprint in future issue !

ZigWheels is being online & TV for quite a while ago, here is the u Buy New Cars, Selling a Car, Auto Car Reviews, Car News, Zigwheels & the cover page of the 1st issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Autocarindia vs Overdrive-zig-wheels-1.jpg  

Old 16th October 2009, 23:52   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
ZigWheels is being online & TV for quite a while ago, here is the u
OT: I wondered what was so funny and then I realised you must have typed "url" followed by a colon, and it got transformed into a smiley. Probably "rl" is a smiley code for "rolling laughter".

I wonder if "accidental smileys" such as these will get us a warning/infraction if they take our total count to more than two? One other example involves the serial number 8 turning into a cool dude with glares.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks