3.BS Motoring 95 10.77%
Voters: 882. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 14:31   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
OT: I wondered what was so funny and then I realised you must have typed "url" followed by a colon, and it got transformed into a smiley. Probably "rl" is a smiley code for "rolling laughter".

I wonder if "accidental smileys" such as these will get us a warning/infraction if they take our total count to more than two? One other example involves the serial number 8 turning into a cool dude with glares.

So sorry, you are very right, its a mistake. I was bit hurry that time.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:16   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I saw new ZigWheels magazine first with my neighbour who is an elderly person & has least interest in autos. But he told he brought it because of its price & quality! Surprised to see the first issue; it's in A3 paper layout with class paper & printing quality @ a shocking price tag of Rs.10/-. But there is no subscribtion form in it. Hope Adil will retail the price tag as well as paper & printing quality. Or will it come in newsprint in future issue !

ZigWheels is being online & TV for quite a while ago, here is the u Buy New Cars, Selling a Car, Auto Car Reviews, Car News, Zigwheels & the cover page of the 1st issue.
Yes, It was available in Coimbatore at many shops. But sold out everywhere, and I have no luck to get it this month. :-)
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:07   #378
BHPian

yup! me too had a chance to see the last copy of zigwheels mag available at landmark, forum mall in bangalore. have to say that the print quality and size made it THE BEST LOOKING AUTO MAG i have seen till date. that too at just rs 10!
wonder if they are going to continue with the same price tag
Old 24th October 2009, 00:59   #379
Senior - BHPian

i bought the issue, it's AWESOME!!! for rs.10 you get everything. what a mag.

you got to buy it to believe it, the other mags (specially autocar, TG and overdrive) are simply overpriced. this mag has it all but only for Rs. 10.

Last edited by amit V8 : 24th October 2009 at 01:04.
Old 25th October 2009, 14:28   #380
BHPian

Just for Rs 10? Sounds fantastic. Maybe the price is just an introductory version.
BTW how many pages does the mag has?
Or later on we might find it has only 20 pages.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:03   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
for rs.10 you get everything. what a mag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Maybe the price is just an introductory version.
Guys, selling price of a magazine is always a notional price. If you ever had to pay the full price of the magazine - like for a retail product (development, production, other costs, profits, investment in next steps), then the price would be so high that you wouldnt even think of buying the magazine. Magazines are supported by ad's, and often by the manufacturers of the products the magazines feature.

Not to say that Rs 10/- is not an intro price. That should also get hiked in due time, but my above point still holds.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:20   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Just for Rs 10? Sounds fantastic. Maybe the price is just an introductory version.
BTW how many pages does the mag has?
Or later on we might find it has only 20 pages.
sorry for being

this issue has 104 pages with loads of ads and a yamaha V-max poster.
just see how big it is. i have scanned it with my A4 scanner. it dosen't fit.

Autocarindia vs Overdrive-scan0002.jpg
Old 26th October 2009, 19:21   #383
Senior - BHPian

Its total paisa vasool if you ask me. What remains to be seen is how OD and Autocar react to this. Rare to find quality, quantity and affordability together.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:52   #384
Team-BHP Support

The pricing from Zigwheels is definitely a breath of fresh air in the auto mag world where OD and ACI seem more interested in increasing the number of pages through ads, and then even having the nerve to charge extra for it.

I haven't gotten a chance to check out the Zigwheels mag, but going by the opinion of the other members here, i certainly wish them the best, and hope they retain the pricing for a while atleast.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:21   #385
Senior - BHPian

i second that. zigwheels is surely a breath of fresh air.
never contributed to this thread, but got my first subscribed copy of ACI and I am super impressed. Wasted one year with Top gear India. Will now read real automobile news!
Old 27th October 2009, 14:31   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i second that. zigwheels is surely a breath of fresh air.
never contributed to this thread, but got my first subscribed copy of ACI and I am super impressed. Wasted one year with Top gear India. Will now read real automobile news!
What went wrong with TG India?? its a good read i guess.
Their delivery timing is pathetic though!

Got the november issue of ACI and its amazing as usual.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:56   #387
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Zigwheels has completely shaken up the market with their 10 buck an issue pricing. One, they have the Times of India backing them (a super power in the Indian publishing industry). Two, the car mag industry is already saturating...how do existing magazines grow (old media). Lastly, there are simply too many players in the market right now (about a dozen auto mags?).

According to me, ACI, OD and BSM have pretty much covered whatever needs to be covered, and filled every niche too. Most other players are mere accessories. Zigwheels needed to enter with a bang, a USP, and that 10 buck price is just that.

Cheaper mag = higher circulation = More $$$ from advertisements.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:01   #388
Senior - BHPian

This 10 rupee move reminds one of what DNA did about 3 years ago. They were selling yearly subscriptions for peanuts.
Zigwheels is adopting the same business strategy and going for the kill with a 10 rupee price tag!
Old 27th October 2009, 23:07   #389
BHPian

I say forget both of them. Could not get anything really good from either of them. What really is good however are the reviews on TBHP, specially the ones GTO seems to be doing these days. Makes the Auto mags seem pretty fake and partial.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:25   #390
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about the others, but I just bought OD this month for a 100 bucks, and I haven't seen this bad print quality in years. Smudges, pixel lated, reds that look like oranges and what not. I can't even get myself to read the mag. Atleast ACI has it's printing sorted for the 100 bucks. Even BSM at cheaper cost has much better print quality.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed