Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2020, 19:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
He will also be interested to close the sale and get his 35,000
Ask dealer or the RTO agent for the application paperwork that he submitted - there should be a receipt for the transfer fee, with a tracking ID. You can look up your application from the Vahan portal then.
Hi Hserus,

That’s what I have been trying to do. I was told the he has applied for the ownership transfer and will share the receipt with me but kept delaying. And I am assuming it wasn’t applied for and than lockdown happened. Since it is very common for the agents to delay things. Is there anyhow I can check on Vahan Portal without application number? That would confirm if it has been applied for or not?

I want to state here that the dealer has been very supportive from day one. The day I was supposed to get the car he didn’t have the HP termination receipt and I wasn’t comfortable paying without receipt and RC. So he offered me to take the car home without making any payment. I had only paid 10K advance by then. I still paid him one lac out of 3.3. He never put pressure. He sent me the documents next day I told him I was busy and can meet him 2 days later for the payment and he agreed. And so far he has called me only once for the 35 K during lockdown time since his business was closed for two months but I requested for the RC. He didn’t say even once that he needs money even though I haven’t got the RC.
Old 15th July 2020, 14:11   #32
BHPian

Re: Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO

Hi all
I bought myself a pre owned Xpulse 200 on15th March 2020 from a dealer. The dealer was supposed to transfer the RC and had taken documents for the same. He applied for a transfer on the 17th March and as of now, the status at VAHAN shows that NOC issued on 17th March. Will the status get updated online as soon as the transfer is done or will I have to wait for the RC to come by post?
Also the insurance transfer will be done only when the RC is transferred on my name?
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO-feb241b4cf4c49a28ba16384dec407c7.jpeg  

Old 15th July 2020, 14:40   #33
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Is there anyhow I can check on Vahan Portal without application number? That would confirm if it has been applied for or not?
Quite simple, since you have the RC, engine and chassis number simply go to the Vahan portal and opt for ownership transfer.
If the agent has not already applied, it will allow you to make a fresh application and list you as Owner N+1 (N being the ownership number of previous owner).

If it allows you to apply, why don't you just go ahead and complete the task on your own. Once it is applied, visit RTO with the documents for submission and you are sorted.
Old 15th July 2020, 14:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Quite simple, since you have the RC, engine and chassis number simply go to the Vahan portal and opt for ownership transfer.
If the agent has not already applied, it will allow you to make a fresh application and list you as Owner N+1 (N being the ownership number of previous owner).

If it allows you to apply, why don't you just go ahead and complete the task on your own. Once it is applied, visit RTO with the documents for submission and you are sorted.
NOC has been issued means the vehicle is registered in another RTO than the one that covers your address. The next step is the agent takes that NOC and goes to your RTO to update the ownership transfer.

You can definitely just use the sale paperwork + insurance transfer letter provided by the seller and transfer the insurance to your name. The insurer will issue a provisional policy and tell you to send them a copy of the RC once you get it.
Old 21st July 2020, 21:16   #35
BHPian

I would like to share my experience while transferring the vehicle ownership in Rajasthan, online (or pseudo online).

I purchased a BS4 vehicle in the month of May 2020 from a dealer in Kota, Rajasthan. I reside in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Since it was a BS4 vehicle it was registered in the dealership’s name with registration date 31st March 2020. The dealer was supposed to do all the RTO work of ownership transfer and I told him specifically to submit the application at Jaipur RTO. The dealer received the RC in the month of June 2020 and after around 20 days of no communication from the dealer, I took the onus upon myself to transfer the ownership of vehicle as I had read this thread earlier and would sincerely like to thank @tud for this thread and for answering my queries.

I told the dealer to deposit the fee online and send the Signed form 29 & 30 along with the original RC to my place. The fee levied was Rs. 47222.00 which included an additional LTT of Rs.42222.00. Apparently, this fee is levied in Rajasthan for every vehicle transfer (even within the same RTO), though, I searched cursorily and would like to know if the additional LTT is levied on every vehicle transfer in other states too. The fee was 25% of the fee deposited at the time of first registration, attaching the screenshot.
Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO-4a05f2c0d32e4f6abba7dab0946f0ca1.jpeg
After the fee deposition one can download the per filled Form 29 & 30.

Then, after collecting all the documents, I went to the Jaipur RTO on Monday morning and brought the vehicle inside the premises for vehicle inspection. They did the Engine number pencil sketch themselves and handed over the seal stamped form II (which was printed below the form 30 on the same paper). After that, I went to the designated window to submit the documents and they told me the RC will be send to my home address.
The documents required in my case were:

1. Fee receipt
2. Copy of Insurance
3. Copy of PUC
4. Form 29 & 30 duly notarised and signed
5. Two address proofs of the buyer
6. PAN of the buyer
7. Memorandum of Association of the seller (because the seller was a company)
8. Original RC & RC cover (which was bought from a shop outside the RTO)

Overall, it was a smooth process and all it took was 45 minutes to complete the whole thing at the RTO. However, I would love to see the step of depositing the physical documents at the designated window go away and go completely digital.
sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 23:27   #36
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post

I told the dealer to deposit the fee online and send the Signed form 29 & 30 along with the original RC to my place. The fee levied was Rs. 47222.00 which included an additional LTT of Rs.42222.00. Apparently, this fee is levied in Rajasthan for every vehicle transfer (even within the same RTO), though, I searched cursorily and would like to know if the additional LTT is levied on every vehicle transfer in other states too. The fee was 25% of the fee deposited at the time of first registration, attaching the screenshot.

Overall, it was a smooth process and all it took was 45 minutes to complete the whole thing at the RTO. However, I would love to see the step of depositing the physical documents at the designated window go away and go completely digital.
This is indeed a strange practice. So if a car is sold three times, the state pockets an additional 50% of the registration fee? I don't see any logic with this pricing, unless the state wants discourage buying a used car.

Yes, there is no reason to require physical form submissions but I'm sure we can expect the RTOs to go paperless. Even the serial number sketching can be replaced by a photograph.

Do you think the dealer was delaying the ownership transfer because he knew of the 25% fee?
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 05:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
This is indeed a strange practice. So if a car is sold three times, the state pockets an additional 50% of the registration fee? I don't see any logic with this pricing, unless the state wants discourage buying a used car.

Do you think the dealer was delaying the ownership transfer because he knew of the 25% fee?
I have tried a dummy entry of transfer of ownership on the Parivaahan portal and even if the transfer of ownership is within the same RTO, it is charging additional LTT. I don’t know if this is the case in other states too. As per the screenshot you shared, there is no LTT in Tamil Nadu.

The dealer knew that a fee of 25% will be levied. He was delaying because he was unable to contact his agent at Jaipur RTO. Since I didn’t want to delay the ownership transfer process, I told him to deposit the fee online.
Old 22nd July 2020, 06:13   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I purchased a BS4 vehicle in the month of May 2020 from a dealer in Kota, Rajasthan.

The fee levied was Rs. 47222.00 which included an additional LTT of Rs.42222.00. Apparently, this fee is levied in Rajasthan for every vehicle transfer (even within the same RTO)

The fee was 25% of the fee deposited at the time of first registration
I am not sure about Rajasthan, but in Gujarat, the owner transfer tax is 15% of lumpsum tax for transfer till the vehicle is 8 years old.

For vehicles over 8 years of age, the owner transfer tax is 1% of lumpsum tax or 100, whichever is higher

Quote:
So if a car is sold three times, the state pockets an additional 50% of the registration fee? I don't see any logic with this pricing, unless the state wants discourage buying a used car.
Again, I am not sure about Rajasthan, but in Gujarat it works like this :

Lumpsum tax rate for two wheelers and cars at time of first registration (new) = 6% of vehicle basic cost on invoice ( ex - stockyard) which is way way lower than the 10% and 15% rates for cars in, say, TN.

Assuming the vehicle is transferred twice in 8 years, the additional tax earned is 15% of 6% twice= 0.9% + 0.9% = 1.8%

Again after 8 years, it is transferred twice 1% of 6% = 0.06 twice = 0.12%

That makes it 6 + 1.8 + 0.12 = 7.92 % over first owner plus 4 transfers.

With a lower tax rate at new and an owner transfer tax system, the tax burden is shared by all owners and not by the first owner only (like, say in TN).

In Rajasthan, I understand that the tax rates for new cars is :
  • 6% for upto 800cc
  • 8% for 800-1200cc
  • 10% for above 1200cc

but am not able to find owner transfer tax rates for Rajasthan.

Last edited by vigsom : 22nd July 2020 at 06:18. Reason: addition
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 07:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

but am not able to find owner transfer tax rates for Rajasthan.
I came across this link below from Cars24. However, they too have mentioned the 25% of the tax is not required to be paid in case the ownership transfer is intra city. But, when I entered dummy application of ownership transfer within the city, then too they are charging Additional LTT of 25%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...in-jaipur/amp/
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Will the status get updated online as soon as the transfer is done or will I have to wait for the RC to come by post?
Also the insurance transfer will be done only when the RC is transferred on my name?
You will get the SMS from Vaahan as soon it is approved.
Yes, Insurance transfer will be done only after the RC is transferred in your name.
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
You will get the SMS from Vaahan as soon it is approved.
Yes, Insurance transfer will be done only after the RC is transferred in your name.
Coincidentally, today I received an SMS regarding successful RC transfer and called up Liberty General Insurance for the insurance transfer.
The catch in this situation is that I'll require the first owner's signature on the insurance transfer form. I bought the bike from a dealer who is now unresponsive to my calls and has left the city due to the pandemic. Guess I myself will have to contact the owner (whom I haven't ever contacted, as the deal was done by the dealer) through the contact number stated on the Insurance copy or if this option doesn't work, I'll have to opt for a new insurance policy altogether.
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Coincidentally, today I received an SMS regarding successful RC transfer and called up Liberty General Insurance for the insurance transfer.
The catch in this situation is that I'll require the first owner's signature on the insurance transfer form. I bought the bike from a dealer who is now unresponsive to my calls and has left the city due to the pandemic. Guess I myself will have to contact the owner (whom I haven't ever contacted, as the deal was done by the dealer) through the contact number stated on the Insurance copy or if this option doesn't work, I'll have to opt for a new insurance policy altogether.
In my case I contacted my insurer and they told me once I receive the original RC, I need to send the scanned copy on their email address along with the scanned copy of insurance and they will transfer the insurance in my name. I hope they do not require signature of the first owner.
Old 13th October 2020, 17:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
In my case I contacted my insurer and they told me once I receive the original RC, I need to send the scanned copy on their email address along with the scanned copy of insurance and they will transfer the insurance in my name. I hope they do not require signature of the first owner.
There will be a catch to this arrangement - you will have to pay any discount (NCB) offered to previous owner when he bough the policy. That's what it used to be two years ago for insurance transfer.
Old 15th October 2020, 16:56   #44
BHPian

I have a question. I am planning to sell my bike to an individual in the same state but different RTO. So I filed for the NOC on the parivahan website. But now it is not allowing me to initiate the transfer of ownership application on the site. Can I still proceed with the sale or do I need to wait for the NOC process to be completed?

Does anyone know how long does it take for the NOC process to be completed? And whether any visit to RTO is needed?

Also, is clearance certificate still required? or is it same as the NOC?
Old 15th October 2020, 19:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
I have a question. I am planning to sell my bike to an individual in the same state but different RTO. So I filed for the NOC on the parivahan website. But now it is not allowing me to initiate the transfer of ownership application on the site. Can I still proceed with the sale or do I need to wait for the NOC process to be completed?

Does anyone know how long does it take for the NOC process to be completed? And whether any visit to RTO is needed?

Also, is clearance certificate still required? or is it same as the NOC?
Usually you need to apply for NOC only when you transfer the bike out of state. When I sold my bike, different RTO, I did not apply for NOC. Just followed this thread.

Since you've already applied for NOC, it is better to contact an agent and sort out the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks