Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 16:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW launches new, cheaper "Sport" variant of the 330i

Was debating from a long time on whether to trade in my 5 year old 320D for the new 330i, have not had a chance to test drive the new 3 so far and i called in the 330i for a test drive yesterday. Had a fairly long 25-30 kms test drive and i would summarise my view points and comparisons with my f30 which has done 34k kms and is 5 years old now.

1. This car is a looker with the m sport kit, the kit gives a very aggressive stance to the rear and the new 18 inch alloys are very good looking compared to previous versions.

2. Interior quality is a huge step up from the previous generation, the quality of leather, switches, idrive display, every thing you touch and feel is 2 generations ahead in quality.

3. Hate the digital cockpit display, there is absolutely no customisation options available and the anti clockwise tacho will take getting used to. The previous gen G30 5 series had the best instrument cluster.

4. Engine is refined and at the same time feels really sporty in sports mode with small burbles. The car was picking up pace effortlessly in any mode and those 250 horses do make their presence felt.

5. Ride quality was a revelation for me, even on 18 inch low profile Michelin RFT's, the suspension took every thing in its stride. It rides much more flatter than the F30 for sure.

6. The steering rack is now much more quick, the only thing i did not like is the extra assistance given to the steering at low speeds. At 40-70 km/h, the steering felt too light but weighs in brilliantly at high speeds and is very quick now. Overall, the handling is much better than before and chassis balance is fabulous at high speeds.

I had bought my car which is a prestige at 31L on road in 2015, even the sport (which is the new base) variant touches 49L now and the m sport is around 57L, they were offering 3-4L off. After having driven the car now, i would not go in for the car at 54-55L on road.
The car is great but going from F30 to G20 seems a very small upgrade for the kind of money i would have to put in, am not able to digest the fact that a 3 series now costs 55L though i know cars have become expensive.

Bmw have removed the HUD, comfort access, no 360 camera, no display key and i was shocked to see that even the sun blinds on rear door+wind shield have been removed. Its a great car if you are entering the bmw brand which i did 5 years back but i am not wowed by the interior design or layout.

Might save my money and go in for a pre owned G30 530D 6-7 months down the line which come around for 45-47 for 1 year old under warranty cars with 10-12k on odo. 3 to 5 series looks a better upgrade for me unless bmw start heavy discounting on the new 3 and then maybe i can justify the purchase.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 21st August 2020 at 16:36.
coolboy007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 20:16   #77
BHPian

Re: BMW launches new, cheaper "Sport" variant of the 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Speak to Subhro Pratim Choudhury of BMW OSL Prestige at +91 9674735503. He's one of the best here in the Calcutta dealership.

You can also speak to Pratap Bhanu Singh of Luxotica Automobiles at +91 9831886240. He'll assist you getting cars down to the city at the lowest rates in the country from any BMW dealership.

Take my reference with both. They'll help you out.

Best Regards
Rohin
Tried it but they flat-out refused discounts on the 330i M Sport. The new LCI will be announced this October. Im not sure if they would do it in October.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks