Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2020, 11:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Ok, I was assuming Maruti would surely find some way to get back into competition with diesel engines.
Now that all manufacturers are plonking BS6 diesel mills into their compact SUVs, I am pretty sure that it is only a matter of time before the in house 1.5 L diesel engine from Maruti makes a comeback into the Brezza and other models. The current petrol engine on the Brezza may not have the mid range grunt that the erstwhile diesel had.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 14:55   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Slightly off topic here, but Maruti had a golden chance to upgrade 1.3 ddis to bs6 and create IP in the process.
They could have earned a healthy sum in royalty for bs6 tech and fiat could continue laughing itself to the bank with 1.3 multijet platform.
How would Maruti be allowed to modify an engine that is not its own? Surely FIAT would have been sufficiently smart to cover for any such modifications & the license contract would forbid any enhancements by OEM resellers. Also - the engine licenses are sold to OEMs like MSIL based on unit count. So once the license runs out - MSIL won't be able to sell even a BSIV engine, let alone BSVI upgrade on it.

Another 2 points -
  1. FIAT itself didn't upgrade the 1.3 MJD to EURO6. That probably means it was already pretty much on the limit of what was possible on emission control. (i.e. the changes needed would pretty much make it an all new engine rather than small modification. Not worth the investment from a financial viability perspective.)
  2. MSIL is working since god knows when on its own 1.5 DDiS for BSVI and its nowhere to be seen yet. So expecting them to manage it on someone else's engine is a bit optimistic IMO.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 20:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Brezza's interiors are slightly inferior but others cars are right up there, same thing with features as well,
I am not commenting on or disagreeing with anything else you said, but here my friend, you are wrong. Brezza's interiors are not just slightly inferior they are a grade below the venue in quality, not to mention the inferior fit and finish, in comparison to that venue's cabin is really nice quality and everything is fitted tough.

And I'm not even a hyundai fan boy. I don't particularly like the venue, didn't really have much of a USP for as far as I was concerned, when it was launched.

Last edited by SaiSW : 21st March 2020 at 20:42.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks