Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2020, 17:10   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maharashtra could restrict petrol, diesel supply to citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

I just read a post in some other thread where in a member said "I will clean my vehicle, take it out for a spin, and survey what shops are open"! In these times, why does someone need to "survey"?

If restricting fuel to common people makes them stay at home, implement it by all means.
During a crisis like this it is very important to know what is happening outside your walls , You need to know what is available especially when you are the only man of your age in a small apartment complex that is full of your own relatives and they all are senior citizens. ( I guess I do not have to tell you the ill effects of skipping diabetes, BP , asthma related medications).

Right now, I know in a few km radius what is available, where and when. A man`s got to do what a man`s got to do

I take my cars out for a spin everyday without fail, get some supplies for home, its good for the car too! Those who live in luxury apartments with supermarket within its boundaries need to come outside perhaps only for medicines.

There is a corona (suspected) quarantined person about 50 mts from where we live, I know that this person is not waiting outside my gate to spread it to me, lets not panic.

Virus does not know the difference between common people and those in uniform, if they can go out with precautions, so can we.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 17:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Few posts here states TV and Media should not create panic.

But in spite of panic, people are gathering in fares, mosques, markets in Karnataka.

I think, the only way to stop people from gathering is to stop fuel supply to people riding from home.

I suggested this idea on 24th March in Mygov.in and it is implemented now.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 19:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Few posts here states TV and Media should not create panic.

But in spite of panic, people are gathering in fares, mosques, markets in Karnataka.

I think, the only way to stop people from gathering is to stop fuel supply to people riding from home.

I suggested this idea on 24th March in Mygov.in and it is implemented now.
When the news says there is no medicine yet for the disease what do our people turn to? Faith - are we going to take that away as well?

Right now the temple next to my home has some Puja going on, people need strength to get through troubles in life and they turn to their faith in troubled times - Its natural.

Fuel is essential, tank up and keep your vehicle ready for emergencies (use if once in a while) - when in need the ambulance can be too late, you have to do what you have to do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks