Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2020, 15:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans

To customers who were unable to avail of vehicle's warranty, extended warranty or free service due to the Covid-19 health crisis, Hyundai will offer extended support of 2 months.

Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans-2019hyundaivenue03.jpg

Hyundai will also provide 24x7 road side assistance for customers. The company has deployed more than 1,000 Doorstep Advantage Bikes and Emergency Road Service cars.

To prevent the spread of the coronavirus, Hyundai had advised all employees to work remotely or practice shared working.

The carmaker has also stepped up preventive screening. Over the past weeks, Hyundai has set up measures for educating employees and families, thermal screening, restricting visitors, regulating travel, and setting up emergency response and management team.

Hyundai has also directed all dealer and vendor partners to strictly follow the advisories.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st March 2020 at 15:50.
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 16:12   #2
BHPian

re: Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans

That is a nice gesture from Hyundai. It will remove the concern people have that they have to take cars to service
indian21r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 16:43   #3
BHPian

A thoughtful gesture from Hyundai.

I am actually in a situation where my EcoSport is due for its first year periodic maintenance service next week, but I am not quite sure about driving out to the service centre, handing over my car to the hands of few strangers and then driving it back home. At this point of time, I dont feel confident about it when the whole world is actually advocating home isolation. At the same time I am worried about any possible future warranty claims being rejected due to late periodic service of my vehicle this time(if i opt not to do the service this month or till everything feel safe). I have already talked about this dilemma on another thread. There would be numerous other owners who would also be thinking like me.

I hope every other car companies come forward with such notices, providing relaxation in time period of maintenance services atleast and help us through this tough times.

Last edited by blueeyed : 21st March 2020 at 17:07.
blueeyed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 11:10   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not only is this a great move for customers, but also for Hyundai workshops. With service stations either shutting down or running with lesser staff, they would prefer to focus on "higher billing customers" rather than the free warranty repairs & prepaid service plan guys. A win-win if I ever saw one.

If you're running at 50% capacity, you would roll out your most profitable products first.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 23:38   #5
BHPian

Tata Motors extends warranty & free service period upto 31st July 2020

Quote:
Tata Motors has decided to extend OE Warranty and Free Service period (not kms) of vehicles, expiring between 15th March'20 to 31st May'20 up to 31st July'20.
Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans-tmsinfo.jpg

Source - Screenshot of circular posted by fellow Hexa owner on THOR Telegram group.
TROOPER is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 10:41   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Motors extends warranty & free service period upto 31st July 2020

Very customer-friendly move & one that's a win-win for both, even when there was a partial lockdown before. Sharing a related post from the Hyundai thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not only is this a great move for customers, but also for Hyundai workshops. With service stations either shutting down or running with lesser staff, they would prefer to focus on "higher billing customers" rather than the free warranty repairs & prepaid service plan guys. A win-win if I ever saw one.

If you're running at 50% capacity, you would roll out your most profitable products first.
Old 25th March 2020, 11:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

BMW extends warranty / repair packages until 30th April, 2020

A good and welcome initiative

Dear Patron,

At the BMW Group, our customers have been our guiding force for more than a hundred years. During our long history, esteemed patrons like you, have put their trust in not just our products but also in our commitment to security and stability.
On behalf of the BMW Group, we would like to reassure you that during these difficult and testing times, the health and safety of you and your loved ones remains our highest priority.
We are closely monitoring the developments around Coronavirus (COVID-19), adhering to Government norms, directives and guidelines, and putting in place various measures to deal with this rapidly evolving situation, effectively and efficiently.
In view of the nationwide shutdown, we have taken some immediate measures to ensure that you continue to access our services with complete peace of mind.

We will be accepting all the warranty repairs of BMW Group brand products whose standard warranty may have expired between 1st March and 30th April 2020.

For your BMW and MINI Service/Repair Inclusive Packages, we will also be extending the contract until 30th April 2020.

A critical area of focus has been our dealerships, which under the current Government directives will remain closed until 31st March 2020 for the safety of both our customers and staff. We are proactively engaging with relevant authorities to stay updated on any new developments. Meanwhile, we are also preparing ourselves by taking several precautionary measures across our offices, dealerships and service centers to ensure a seamless experience for you once dealer operations are permitted by the Government.
We would also like to inform you that our warehouses are currently under lockdown and this might have an effect on part availabilities, service and repairs. We request you to please bear with us and rest assured that we are taking all the necessary steps to minimize the inconvenience to the best of our abilities.
At BMW Group India, we are committed to supporting our customers, brand loyalists, partners and enthusiasts during these extraordinary times. If you wish to reach out to us, for any support or assistance, please email us at contact.india@bmw.in or call us at 1800 103 2211.

Further, in the midst of these trying times, we understand any limitations and challenges that you might face. Therefore, on behalf of BMW Financial Services we are pleased to extend online payment flexibility through 'ICICI Bank Virtual Payments'. For any support or assistance, please contact us at BMWFS-Customerservice@bmw.in or call us at 1800 102 2269.

We have made living engineering machines that can handle every curve thrown their way. But the curve ahead may be like none we have ever seen before. At BMW, we know that just like there was a time before COVID-19, there will be a time after it – and we will come back stronger than ever and deliver Joy, the only way we know best – from behind the wheel of your favourite BMW or MINI.

With this, we wish you and your loved ones a safe, healthy and a joyous present.

With kind regards,

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th March 2020 at 11:55.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 16:40   #8
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors extends warranty & free service period upto 31st July 2020

Just received this SMS from Ford India

Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans-photo6336618552236288249.jpg

Great to see manufacturers join the bandwagon. Preserves the goodwill and at the same time makes a lot of business sense. Also it gives us that small ray of hope and respite from such unprecedented crisis.

Last edited by strawhat : 27th March 2020 at 16:41.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 13:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra to honour expired service, warranty post lockdown

Mahindra will honour scheduled maintenance services and warranty renewals after the nationwide lockdown is called off, even if the validity has expired.

Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans-2019mahindraxuv30012.jpg

The carmaker will provide customer support through its social platforms. Customers will be able to stay connected through the 'With You Hamesha' digital platform.

Roadside assistance services will remain unaffected during the lockdown period.

To contain the spread of Covid-19, the Government of India has announced a countrywide lockdown of 21 days. It ends on April 14, 2020.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 21:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans

Any updates from HONDA? Have they done something similar?
Old 30th March 2020, 21:27   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep - Extension of Service / Warranty period due to the current lock-down.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19: Manufacturers extend warranty & service plans-service-extension.png  

Old 31st March 2020, 10:30   #12
BHPian

Any update from skoda/Mercedes regarding extension of service period?
Old 31st March 2020, 13:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any updates from HONDA? Have they done something similar?
Certainly hope they have though I have not come across any official communication in this regard. My one year ten thousand kilometer service was due last Saturday and obviously had to cancel it. Hope there are no warranty issues later on, which should not be the case.
Old 31st March 2020, 20:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Certainly hope they have though I have not come across any official communication in this regard. My one year ten thousand kilometer service was due last Saturday and obviously had to cancel it. Hope there are no warranty issues later on, which should not be the case.
I was actually thinking about your city while asking that question(yours' being 1 month older). Happened to speak to a representative from my dealer today regarding insurance renewal. She says as of now there's no such information but it's expected Honda would respect the delay due to lockdown. An official communication might come this week. Let's see.

Last edited by SoumenD : 31st March 2020 at 20:47.
Old 1st April 2020, 08:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I was actually thinking about your city while asking that question(yours' being 1 month older). Happened to speak to a representative from my dealer today regarding insurance renewal. She says as of now there's no such information but it's expected Honda would respect the delay due to lockdown. An official communication might come this week. Let's see.
Actually, I renewed the insurance quite well in advance, before all the lockdown related issues started. I renewed it online, since my original insurance was also obtained online.

I was more concerned about warranty issues due to the car not being serviced at the correct time. I will probably get the car services sometime next month, provided the lockdown ends, with around a month's delay. Let's hope they issue an official communication fast.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 1st April 2020 at 09:00.

Most Viewed