Team-BHP - Is there a T-BHP Car of the Year Award?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is there a T-BHP Car of the Year Award? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22078-there-t-bhp-car-year-award.html)

Hi,
I dont know if it there already,but if its not there why dont we have one ,a symbolic one.Because we have ppl here who are Subject Matter experts in each and every part of an Automobile and hence could rate them on the dot.
This could greatly help ppl deciding to buy a car .

Thx

That is quite a good suggestion. We need to set some parameters and categories like:

The car should have been launched in the last 12 months-or there shoud have been a significant improvement in the existing car.

Any more suggestions guys......

there should be a poll for each category- Hatch, c segment, d segment, SUV etc. and the car that gets the max votes, wins- Simple :D

Problem with the same is, with there being fans for different manufacturers, the chances of the particular manufacturer's cars taking in the votes increases. A good suggestion, though.

It would be great to have one but we are still in the beginning of 2007 so a wise step would be to have it at end of year 2007 since we are anticipating a lot of car launches this year.

That's indeed a very good suggestion. Let's work on it guys. I am already making a list of the Nominees (Aveo U-Va, Palio, Spark, New Baleno, Swift Diesel {Best Varient} and a lot more to come :)

go for 2006 .. a poll

Nice Idea. But will prefer the stupid magazines to do that.

suggestion well said, do start threads for each of the above said car segments get the polls running and i am sure the threads will be a hit, plus we will get a lot of info
do post the links to the threads here

Actually we dont need such an award. The only correct barometer for measuring the "true value" is the actual Sales number. Ofcourse, whenever there are new launches, the sales figures get distorted.

My suggestion is that every month, we create a new poll whereby members vote for the car they have purchased/ taken delivery during the month or any other purchase made by any person in their circle of friends/ acquantances. This will give us an indication of the trend.

The obvious drawback to this method is that this poll can be possibly be mis-used by multiple voting.

Check out the thread for the 2005 TBHP COTY -

TBHP

cya
R

why dont we have some thing like bhpian car awards where the members cars are checked like pictures of the exaust engine bay interiors exteriors condition of the tires and rims would be nice to see who has the most neatly maintained car because we have tons of awards for factory cars.

Hey moderators and super admin .. when do you plan to have the t-bhp car of the year poll .

Binz,

December would seem like a good time ?

Feel free to take the initiative when the time comes, just think about it a bit and make sure you include all the worthy contenders!

cya
R

Good idea ...
create a poll ... award the one with highest no of votes

I feel this years Team-Bhp car of the year will be a close battle between Suzuki's SX4 and Swift Diesel :D