Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2020, 11:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh

One of my friends had recently purchased the Verna SX-O DCT 1.0 Turbo recently and I got a chance to spend some time driving it.

The overall facelift looks polarizing, the Turbo gets a black grille, though I am not a fan of the beehive inserts on the both lower corners in the rear bumper. Seems like the designer has a honey bee hive near his farmhouse.
It looks garish and there arent any vents either, though the "sporty bumper design" is highlighted as a feature on the brochure.

It gets black interiors with red inserts, amazingly high quality to touch and also tactile, though the audio interface looks like an afterthought. And so does the digital instrument cluster which looks like a 3 series wannabe.

I liked the way it drives, with refinement levels of high order, inspite of being a 3 cylinder. Makes 120 bhp and 175 nm torque. On that very same day I also drove the GT TSI 6 speed TC. So, the Korean engine delivers its power in a relaxed fashion, read linear. The torque spread is amazing, and it makes city driving a breeze. The VW in comparision is more punchy and has a stronger mid range. The DCT gearbox lacks the seamless shift timings of the VW DSG and though you will not feel any lag, low end is good, in automatic mode, there is a bit of a hesitation in upshift and downshift. Manual mode is enjoyed more in this and paddle shifters are a joy to use.

What is even more impressive is the newfound improvement in steering. Its getting there, and feels more sorted than the Honda city (latest one). There is none of that floatiness and the steering changes directions to your command, though the VAG steering still has better inputs to direction change. I am sure putting grippier michelins and lowering with cobra springs can transform its handling.

Rear seat being low placed continues to disappoint. And then the long term reliability of this engine and gearbox...and poor marketing of the Turbo variant by Hyundai.

I do recommend a buy, simply because of the high levels of equipment including rear discs (much needed which gives it amazing braking capabilities) and ease of driving due to widespread torque band. if rear seat comfort is you are after, than look elsewhere. Though the Skoda has better handling but the Verna Turbo is getting there.

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_114821.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_114825.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_114826.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_114844.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_114847.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_121205.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_121245.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201004_121256.jpg
sidindica is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 14:17   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshBapurao View Post
Hi, can some one suggest best tyre update for Diesel sxo?
hi
I have recently upgraded my tyres to MRF Perfinza R16/55/205, I have the SX IMT Petrol.
I am very happy with the performance of the tyres. It seems to offer unending grip and has improved the braking performance quite a bit. The OEM Bridgestone Ecopia(R16/55/195) were not that great and quite inadequate when it comes to hard wet braking. OEM set was not at all confidence inspiring on bends.
I would suggest Perfinzas to anyone with eyes closed now.
Mr.RaghavDhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 08:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RaghavDhir View Post
hi
I have recently upgraded my tyres to MRF Perfinza R16/55/205, I have the SX IMT Petrol.
I am very happy with the performance of the tyres. It seems to offer unending grip and has improved the braking performance quite a bit. The OEM Bridgestone Ecopia(R16/55/195) were not that great and quite inadequate when it comes to hard wet braking. OEM set was not at all confidence inspiring on bends.
I would suggest Perfinzas to anyone with eyes closed now.
So, you have increased the cross-section to 205.
I have also found these stock Ecopias to be very noisy and rough. It is only around 27000 kms on the Odo. At what odo reading did you go for change of tyres?
Old 16th November 2020, 18:18   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
So, you have increased the cross-section to 205.
I have also found these stock Ecopias to be very noisy and rough. It is only around 27000 kms on the Odo. At what odo reading did you go for change of tyres?

oh I changed them at 5200 Kms on the odo, I was not very happy with Verna 2020's braking I had raised it twice with the workshop (once when it was 5 days old and once during the firs service) both the times the workshop gave the brakes a clean bill of health, I then happened to experience a friend's 2018 Verna petrel on Perfinzas, that's when I decided to switch . I know I might have lost money but Perfinza's performance has more than made up for it.

I changed the tyres around 15 days back and have already driven 3000 Kms since .
Just today I was going from Delhi to Jalandhar and encountered heavy rain in the morning around 4AM, Perfinza feelt so 'surefooted'. Get value for the price.
Mr.RaghavDhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 23:57   #50
rpm
BHPian

Hey guys, I had a couple of questions which are rather noobie in nature (I'm new here). I was doing the PRI for our soon to be delivered facelift verna SX(O) MT diesel.

I noticed something which looked like solidified flowing molten metal (read irregular, kind of like flowing lava) for a lack of better words to describe it (I apologise profusely for the rather crude description, I didn't click pictures) near the coolent in the engine bay at a couple of places. It was about a 2 cm strip with about half a cm width which was the same color as the car (white).

Also noticed that the front disc calipers are rather grainy and rough in appearance. Is this normal?

I'd also appreciate if any of the team-bhp members could send me pictures of their engine bay near the coolent side and up close shot of their disc calipers if possible. I couldn't quite discern the above information from the teambhp review of the pre-facelift verna and I did read a fair share of that thread to see if I could find something that matches.
Old 30th November 2020, 10:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
I noticed something which looked like solidified flowing molten metal (read irregular, kind of like flowing lava) for a lack of better words to describe it (I apologise profusely for the rather crude description, I didn't click pictures) near the coolent in the engine bay at a couple of places. It was about a 2 cm strip with about half a cm width which was the same color as the car (white).

Also noticed that the front disc calipers are rather grainy and rough in appearance. Is this normal?
The 'Lava' you are referring to could be a sealant .
It's a cement like paste which all manufacturers use to fill the minor gaps at many places.
Sometimes it remains visible.
However it would have been great if you had attached a photo of it.

Also the grainy / rough surface of brake discs could be nothing but rust as car is not used.
Once you start using the car, it will vanish.
Again photo would have helped in understanding the issue better.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:27   #52
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
However it would have been great if you had attached a photo of it.

Again photo would have helped in understanding the issue better.
Thanks for the valuable input. I'm attaching the pictures as asked. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201130_120806.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201130_120749.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201130_120741.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201130_120731.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20201130_120639.jpg  

Old 30th November 2020, 12:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable input. I'm attaching the pictures as asked. Hope it helps.

So I can confirm, with reference to pictures, that it is indeed a sealant and nothing to worry about.
The last pic is of disc brake caliper, which is made using casting process and has similar surface finish on most of the cars.
No need to worry about both the 'issues' you have pointed out.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:49   #54
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
So I can confirm, with reference to pictures, that it is indeed a sealant and nothing to worry about.
The last pic is of disc brake caliper, which is made using casting process and has similar surface finish on most of the cars.
No need to worry about both the 'issues' you have pointed out.
Thanks for the prompt reply. This really puts me at ease. I was worried because I wasn't able to find similar sealant in our old Chevy Spark, so I was considering the possibility that it might be an accidental vehicle Also, about the disc calipers, having seen the discs of only performance vehicles and that too solely in videos, distorted my perception of the finish/quality. Thanks again
Old 30th November 2020, 13:23   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. This really puts me at ease. I was worried because I wasn't able to find similar sealant in our old Chevy Spark, so I was considering the possibility that it might be an accidental vehicle Also, about the disc calipers, having seen the discs of only performance vehicles and that too solely in videos, distorted my perception of the finish/quality. Thanks again

The sealant thing, you would find differently applied on same vehicle from some other batch.
It's not a big deal, unless it leaks.
No worries mate.

Do share your car's pics and your experience post delivery.
Congratulations on your new ride.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 15:40   #56
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
The sealant thing, you would find differently applied on same vehicle from some other batch.
It's not a big deal, unless it leaks.
No worries mate.

Do share your car's pics and your experience post delivery.
Congratulations on your new ride.
Thank you. We took delivery of the car yesterday. I'll try to share the pictures in a few days (I'm not much of a photo person ). It'll mostly be driven by my father so I wouldn't be able to comment much about the experience of driving the car (I occasionally drive my matte black vespa and the soon to be sold Chevy Spark sometimes ), but I'll keep everyone posted about any issues that may crop up in our ownership of the car as well as participate in the discussion in this thread.
Old 6th December 2020, 21:13   #57
rpm
BHPian

So I finally got around to taking some pictures of the car. As our fellow bhpian sidindica has already posted some great pictures of the Verna in daylight, I feel I have nothing much to add to this thread especially with my mediocre phone camera and average point and shoot skills. Anyways, here are some pictures of the car at night with lights on (might as well give myself and my inadequate photography equipment a bit of a headache )
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-0.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-1.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-2.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-3.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-4.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-5.jpg  

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-6.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2021 at 10:43. Reason: As requested
rpm is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 18:55   #58
rpm
BHPian

I was trying to adjust the IRVM, but to my surprise it only moves sideways/horizontally. Is there a way to adjust it vertically? I went through the manual but it didn't mention anything of the sort. Also, are the IRVM auto dimming?

Pardon my newbie questions; graduating from a non power steering, no airbag Spark, I'm not well versed with all the electronics and bling at offer
Old 14th December 2020, 20:41   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was trying to adjust the IRVM, but to my surprise it only moves sideways/horizontally. Is there a way to adjust it vertically? I went through the manual but it didn't mention anything of the sort. Also, are the IRVM auto dimming?
Since your’s is the SX(O) it will have the Auto dimming IRVM.

All IRVMs should ideally move both horizontally and vertically. Try applying a little more force.

Do you mean the Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM) by chance?

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th December 2020 at 20:42.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 23:27   #60
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Since your’s is the SX(O) it will have the Auto dimming IRVM.

All IRVMs should ideally move both horizontally and vertically. Try applying a little more force.

Do you mean the Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM) by chance?
Thanks for clarifying about the auto dimming part. I saw some YouTube video where people toggled the dimming feature with a button on the IRVM of some other Hyundai Car (think it was the Creta). I could only find SOS, Tow and bluelink buttons on the IRVM, hence got confused.

I'm positive it's the IRVM. The ORVM has electronic adjustment just above the power window. But to be sure we're on the same page, primarily because of me being a noob, I'm talking about the one near the top of the windshield, inside the car.

I tried moving the IRVM vertically but it seemed like it didn't want to budge with the same amount of force I applied for moving it horizontally. So I applied more force but it just made some creaking noises, so I left it alone for the fear of damaging something.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th March 2021 at 10:32. Reason: Corrected as requested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks