Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 00:02   #571
BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
I too am interested as I'm in exact same state as you both. I have XZA+ Adventure booked in early March and likely to be allotted soon. Looking forward to hear others thought process in choosing between Safari and Alcazar.

I am out for 7 Seater too and waiting for XUV700 which hopefully be launched in July with deliveries in Sept.

Took a Test drive of Safari, and it was below my expectations for that much money.
Let's see how well ALCAZAR will perform.
Old 17th June 2021, 00:40   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Thank you for the scoop. By any chance were you able to check on safety features like number of airbags and availability of ESP in lower variants?
All variants through-out the range get ESP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yes, it's Petrol Prestige(O) AT and MT, it could be Prestige and not sure about fuel i was keen only on AT. No TD started yet.
As salesmen told, only Prestige and Prestige (O) versions have come to their dealership.
Sir with all due respect your salesman is clearly
confused between Prestige and Platinum trims.

The variant in this video is the Prestige(O) Auto Diesel which gets 7 seats with 17inch alloy wheels. Also there is no camera on the ORVM indicating the absence of 360deg camera, no side footboard and one last identifier is the absence of a dashboard mounted speaker which is seen on the Platinum and higher trim. The variants shown to you by your salesman were Platinum MT and Platinum(O) AT:

PS: Please ignore the horrible background music.

Another Prestige(O) AT, gets a panoramic sunroof as well:

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 17th June 2021 at 00:49.
Old 17th June 2021, 01:04   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

Hope this clears a lot of confusion which Hyundai has unnecessarily created!
Just one more day and we will get entire information officially. Don't want to go off topic but just look at the variant distribution of Kushaq. One can understand everything within a minute but seeing a Hyundai car's features distribution list and everyone goes
Old 17th June 2021, 02:57   #574
BHPian

Isn't this diesel engine the same as the one in the Sonet ? At least in the automatic guise ? Hyundai folks have some guts trying that. As if the Verna getting the 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine wasn't bad enough already.
Old 17th June 2021, 08:28   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The variant in this video is the Prestige(O) Auto Diesel which gets 7 seats with 17inch alloy wheels. Also there is no camera on the ORVM indicating the absence of 360deg camera, no side footboard and one last identifier is the absence of a dashboard mounted speaker which is seen on the Platinum and higher trim. The variants shown to you by your salesman were Platinum MT and Platinum(O) AT:
might be, YES. but he has verified in his document and informed that it's Prestige (o) and Prestige - mid variant.
any how, the car, i have seen, has all these features except ventilated seats.
it should not be Platinum (o) as there's no ventilated seats.
No emblems in the car is tough to differentiate variants and without knowing the feature list of variants officially.
Let's wait for tomorrow to confirm on trims and features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Can you also add your thoughts on:

1. Third row space & comfort
2. Usable boot space with all three rows up
3. Second row width - whether three adults can sit comfortably
4. Does the Prestige or Platinum variant of Alcazar have isofix mounts and for 1 or 2 seats?
1. Third row space & comfort : Safari -> Alcazar
2. Usable boot space with all three rows up : Alcazar(180 L) -> Safari(80 L)
3. Second row width: Safari -> Alcazar (top end comes only in 6 seater)
4. Sorry, i haven't observed it as i was keen on space for passengers and luggage.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 17th June 2021 at 08:53. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 17th June 2021, 12:11   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSR21 View Post
Saw a Endeavour like rear silhouette going past my sight, that was it
Thank you. So, I’m not the only one who feels that the rear end looks like the new Endeavour’s, a marked improvement over the Creta’s strange looking rear profile.
ScorpioYadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 12:19   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
In scenarios where the door can't be opened, drivers open the boot hatch, get in the car and make their way to the driver's cabin, by climbing over seats.
Could be true for hatch/ SUVs but considering Sedans have the same width opening door is the only option. I agree with looks could be deceptive.

20ft container has a width of 8ft (2438 mm) and a big car like Ford Endeavor 6.03 ft (1869mm). Believe they could easily snap 1ft. (considering metal thickness) for driver entry.
Old 17th June 2021, 12:32   #578
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar tech specs & variant-wise feature List.
Attached Thumbnails
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-h1.jpg  

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-h2.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 12:34   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

Alcazar brochure leaked.

Pretty much in line with what I had predicted, except 6 airbags in Platinum variants
Quote:
Prestige (base variant):
- 17inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
- 10.25 inch touchscreen
- Creta SX(O) semi-digital instrument cluster
- Rear parking camera + sensors
- 2 airbags
- Keyless entry & push start-stop button.
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Manual handbrake
- No Air-purifier
- Cruise control
- 6 speaker Arkamys Sound system.
- All 4 disc brakes
- LED headlights + taillights

Platinum (mid variant):
- 18inch alloy wheels (based on Gaadiwaadi’s walkaround video)
- 10.25 inch touchscreen with bluelink
- Bose 8 Speaker-sound system
- 10.25 inch fully digital instrument cluster
- 2 airbags
- Height-adjustment seatbelts
- 360 deg camera (based on Gaadiwaadi’s walkaround video)
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Ambient lighting (front + rear)
- Electric parking brake with auto-hold
- Air-Purifer
- Cruise control
- All 4 disc brakes

Signature (top variant):
- 18inch alloy wheels
- 10.25 inch touchscreen with bluelink
- Bose 8 speaker sound system
- 10.25 inch fully digital instrument cluster
- 6 airbags
- 360 deg camera
- Blind spot camera (L+R)
- Electric driver seat
- Ventilated front seats
- 6 airbags
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Air-purifier
- 64 colour ambient lighting (front + rear)
- Electric parking brake with auto-hold
- Factory-fitted footboard
- Cruise control
- All 4 disc brakes
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-93334c81a3b24c98af4f53672a0c42d1.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-5ac232e67d304094a7bde583b707bc55.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 17th June 2021 at 12:41.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 12:42   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Could be true for hatch/ SUVs but considering Sedans have the same width opening door is the only option. I agree with looks could be deceptive.

20ft container has a width of 8ft (2438 mm) and a big car like Ford Endeavor 6.03 ft (1869mm). Believe they could easily snap 1ft. (considering metal thickness) for driver entry.
I believe there was a video in Creta thread where the driver gets in through the window. He was barely able to open the door to lower the glass and got in through the window.
Old 17th June 2021, 13:05   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

So the base variant has Panoramic Sunroof & Alloy wheels & 10 Inch touch screen.

So whoever is waiting for Creta can switch their booking for this one instead, good for Hyundai - I hope whatever they call in the name of competition is sitting down while reading the specs.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 14:10   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
So whoever is waiting for Creta can switch their booking for this one instead, good for Hyundai - I hope whatever they call in the name of competition is sitting down while reading the specs.
Does the Creta have any real competition apart from Seltos? What Hyundai has done, is to target a larger customer base between 11 and 20 Lacs with the addition of 2 seats to the Creta. Now Creta + Alcazar will bring in the most revenue for Hyundai. and become the most profitable model as well - Just like the Dzire was for Maruti. No discounts, longer waiting times for quite a while after launch.

The base variant Alcazar does not seem poverty spec by any means (looking at the leaked spec sheet). They could have included the 6 airbags in the base variant itself - Remove some non essential stuff like the panoramic glass roof and give extra airbags instead. How hard can it be?
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 15:44   #583
BHPian

In a different thread (Mahindra Thar?) I remember reading that the base variant is what is sent to crash tests. In that case the base variant of this car with sunroof is going to fare poorly. They either don't plan to send it to crash tests or plan to launch a variant without sunroof in a different market and then submit that car to the test. I trust the execs at Hyundai to have a better handle on the Indian car buyer than (m)any of us here. The moral seems to be bling sells and safety doesn't?
sramanat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 15:47   #584
BHPian

This is slightly off topic but a trend that has its genesis in the sub-4 metre segment is being regrettably adopted by car makers for their products from a segment above -- I am talking about the trimmed rear bumpers.

Gone are the days when rear bumpers used to have a paunch to protect the bodywork from getting scratched or dented while reversing. And while this trend was a necessity in the sub-4 metre segment, I just cannot wrap my head around why more and more manufacturers are going for the trimmed bumpers for their cars which are NOT CONSTRAINED by length-related tax benefits.

Look at the Creta, Seltos and now Alcazar. I have attached a picture below for better understanding (pardon the crude MS Paint job).

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-hyundaialcazarlaunch.jpeg

In Pic 1 -- Imagine the white line is a wall, what protection to the rear hatch of the car does that excuse of a bumper provide while reversing? Worse, replace the wall with a tree slanting forward and you have a disaster waiting to happen (happened to me personally while reversing my Brezza).

Now look at Pic 2 –- Why can’t manufacturers add a few inches of plastic to the bumper and make it a bit longer? It will not only protect the hatch but also add to the bulk and length of the car, which in the case of an SUV, is an added bonus.

Remember the old SX4s, Citys and Corollas with their bulbous rear bumpers? I personally loved them.

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-suzuki_sx4_rear_20081204.jpg

And aren’t the car makers in a way forcing the owners to install those obnoxious rear bull guards on their cars?

To conclude, the reason behind this trend, according to me is that the car makers are just creating more avenues of revenue for their dealers. An easily scratched/dented rear hatch = more moolah for the ASS' body repair section!

Last edited by captain.torque : 17th June 2021 at 15:57.
captain.torque is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 16:22   #585
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
This is slightly off topic but a trend that has its genesis in the sub-4 metre segment is being regrettably adopted by car makers for their products from a segment above -- I am talking about the trimmed rear bumpers
I believe it's got to do with the looks of the car. IMO cars with long rear bumpers (moreso in the SUVish design) look a bit ungainly. That is what I felt watching your extended Alcazar pic. Even in current cars, I believe the MG Hector has such extended rear bumper. That I believe is one of the reasons why it has that ungainly side looks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed