Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 15:56   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

7-seater lower variant interior spotted, gets digital instrument cluster from Creta SX(O).

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-7d855abfc6e24e27b8939af960b5e464.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-30c05af57503412c97d46ce445973d02.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-e563e9e80f32498bb859bdfb27ebc561.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-fdfab80f1ba24a9e9dc5a70947956615.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-c03d9aefbbcc4a7fa3d0ed778cbfdfbc.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-d7c21c50df29480489e51e1e251eb0ac.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-7a7ef75886ff41deb905a34617450261.jpeg

Credit: Rushlane Spylane.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th June 2021 at 15:57.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:29   #497

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
7-seater lower variant interior spotted, gets digital instrument cluster from Creta SX(O).
We are seeing 2 different type of alloys on Alcazar, does this mean that Platinum and Signature variants will get different set of alloys similar to that of Creta SX and SX(O) or we will see Manual and Optional(Auto) sporting different alloys on its top end trims.

Since fully digital instrument cluster will be available in top end trims, then the creta SX(O) instrument which is seen can be standard in prestige and platinum. I wonder how the variants would be differentiated based on features and priced

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2021 at 10:58. Reason: removed dead links
Auto_Nar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:40   #498
BHPian

Doesn't look half as bad in these photos as compared to what Hyundai has been showing in the teasers/promos.

They could've managed to integrate the windowline a bit better though. Looks too contoured, especially around the C-pillar.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:43   #499
Senior - BHPian

Alcazar looks like a more visually satisfying model of the 5 seater Creta. The tan interiors look dope while the rear is mich more proportionate. The improvement to the rear of Creta to Alcazar is just as much as that of TATA Aria to Hexa.

The only reason why this should not sell as much as the current Creta could be attributible to the price of base and mid variants of Creta in my personal opinion.

I would like to see the Creta vs. Alcazar battle in the same context as Harrier vs. Safari. Safari has the legendary name plate to create a small bias. Lets see if space, more seats and design wins or the lower price and more compact proportions suitable for congested cities takes the lead.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:48   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the specs of lower variant, I am starting to feel that Hyundai is bracing for a premium price tag, lower variants being at least a Lakh more than Creta SX(O).
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:55   #501
BHPian

Looks pretty nice in my opinion.
However I do have a few grips:
1. The front is ugly and the headlights look like a Yahg's eye cluster
2. Hyundai's recent gearbox issues
3. No AWD, No 7-8 speed gearbox
4. Safety?
5. It's a Hyundai (no offence to owners but the way they treat the market here is appalling)
vredesbyrd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 18:12   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alcazar spotted undisguised being unloaded at a dealership.
The car looks much better than the creta. This will definitely be a money printing product for Hyundai. The rear taillights gives a more neutral stance compared to the polarizing taillights of the creta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
A noob question: The container looks so narrow, how did the driver manage to open the door and get inside the car!?
Nice question. For cars with lesser width this wouldn't be an issue since the 'thin' guy can walk up and open the door. But I guess it wont be the same entering/exiting a wider car. Must probably be going in through the rear hatch.
TrackDay is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 18:12   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Detailed walkaround video.

CEF_Beasts is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 18:49   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks pretty loaded with hardly any feature missed. I even see the Paddle shifters provided. The mileage seems to be really on the lower side on Automatic, claim seems to be 14.2 on AT, that might translate to around 10-11 in real life conditions. That though OK for a turbo engine seems to be lower for this engine.

Overall, except for the looks which is better than Creta, will still take some time getting used to. But if you can see pass that, this is pretty much the same as current Tucson being sold in international markets, when it comes to petrol variant. First thing if I buy this would be to black out the Chrome grills, or probably dechrome it completely. Not a fan of alloys they will need to be changed too.

My guess for pricing would be around 10.99 to 18.99 Ex-showroom for top end, one lac premium on Creta prices. This will have a huge waiting period for sure, if they do end up launching at that price.

Excited for 18th June launch.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:27   #505
BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar spotted in Starry Night colour!

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 14th June 2021 at 19:28.
car_guy1998 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:38   #506
Senior - BHPian

I think it looks quite nice and substantial in flesh, and well balanced and proportionate from the side profile. I hope they dont price the diesel car upwards of 22 lac. Paying that much for a 1.5 litre 115 BHP engine would be a travesty.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:45   #507
BHPian

There is only one variant in 7 Seater Diesel Automatic.
Is anyone aware, if it will be provided with a sunroof or not?
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 21:08   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Nar View Post
We are seeing 2 different type of alloys on Alcazar, does this mean that Platinum and Signature variants will get different set of alloys

Since fully digital instrument cluster will be available in top end trims, then the creta SX(O) instrument which is seen can be standard in prestige and platinum. I wonder how the variants would be differentiated based on features and priced
Hyundai is likely to offer Alloy Wheels as Standard across the range with various variants getting different designs. I am sure the base variant will have plain silver while mid variant is having diamond cut type while Top Spec has Dual Tone Alloys.

Creta like instrument cluster is likely to be offered only on Mid Variant. While Top Spec will get Fully Digital Instrument Cluster with Lane Watch Display & MFD Controls.

One thing is for sure, Alcazar being a premium product compared to Creta will have standard features across the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Looking at the specs of lower variant, I am starting to feel that Hyundai is bracing for a premium price tag, lower variants being at least a Lakh more than Creta SX(O).
Definitely, when they have gap to fill, it'll definitely be one of the points taken into consideration. Additional length, extra row of seats, premium features and bigger powertrain (Petrol) over Creta, all point out to premium pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Looks pretty nice in my opinion.
However I do have a few grips:
1. The front is ugly and the headlights look like a Yahg's eye cluster
2. Hyundai's recent gearbox issues
3. No AWD, No 7-8 speed gearbox
4. Safety?
5. It's a Hyundai (no offence to owners but the way they treat the market here is appalling)
1. Yes, I'll agree with you, especially in light colors. With White being a popular choice, that color doesn't suit this car at all. It looks ugly in that white shade, while Black/Brown/Grey will make it stand out.

2. Alcazar uses Torque Convertor Gearboxes which are reliable. So, Problem sorted.

3. Na, not at this price point and the category it belongs to. Hyundai will not even consider one. Guaranteed.

4. Very Skeptical, apart from offering safety features, I hope Hyundai has also concentrated on Structure.

5. They are in honeymoon period now, and Indian's are highly attracted to them in a good sense. Dealership Network and More Premium Products than Maruti are the 2 biggest reasons you see Hyundai's market share grow over years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Looks pretty loaded with hardly any feature missed. I even see the Paddle shifters provided. The mileage seems to be really on the lower side on Automatic, claim seems to be 14.2 on AT, that might translate to around 10-11 in real life conditions. That though OK for a turbo engine seems to be lower for this engine.

My guess for pricing would be around 10.99 to 18.99 Ex-showroom for top end, one lac premium on Creta prices. This will have a huge waiting period for sure, if they do end up launching at that price.

Excited for 18th June launch.
Just like I mentioned earlier, this being a premium product does have more standard features and less variants compared to Creta. A 2.0 L Petrol engine with Auto Gearbox will be less efficient. I expect it to do well on highways but in city that figure will dip to 7-8 kmpl.

It'll sell well, no 2 ways about it, it is more sophisticated than Marazzo, Ertiga and will undercut Innova Crysta. So, any one looking for a 5+2 Car will seriously look at this. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I think it looks quite nice and substantial in flesh, and well balanced and proportionate from the side profile. I hope they dont price the diesel car upwards of 22 lac. Paying that much for a 1.5 litre 115 BHP engine would be a travesty.
Hyundai had to balance cost as well as positioning, hence you see a slightly more expensive car sharing same engine as it's cheaper sibling. But, I wish Hyundai offers that 2.0 Diesel as an option in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
There is only one variant in 7 Seater Diesel Automatic.
Is anyone aware, if it will be provided with a sunroof or not?
Sunroof is available from mid variant as per images & videos shared above. So, yeah it's confirmed. But question is, does the sunroof come only in Option Variant ?
CarguyNish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 21:31   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
A noob question: The container looks so narrow, how did the driver manage to open the door and get inside the car!?
If you observe closely there are doors on the sides of the container ahead of the rear wheels, where some blocks are kept as well.
I have seen it few times earlier where drivers enter the container through the narrow vertical doors on the sides and crawl in through the boot.
And as someone else said looks can be deceptive.

Last edited by matchvan : 14th June 2021 at 21:35.
Old 14th June 2021, 21:39   #510
BHPian

I really really like how they've not only churned out what might be a good contender in the market, but also fixed the Creta's looks. It looks much much nicer and more complete than the Creta's lacklustre traits. I don't seem to see any feature omissions as such, but there's still the variants left - if they mess that up (like they have before with the Creta), it'll be a waste of one hell of a product. Pricing remains a crucial point too seeing the Creta itself being on the higher side today. And as BHPians have discussed the Signature variant being selectively sold, it's not too good a first impression on me to be honest.
Let's hope they optimise the strengths to their fullest.

Last edited by Arnav612 : 14th June 2021 at 21:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed