Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 21:43   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

It looks proportionate, and is feature loaded. It will sell even if Hyundai asks Innova money for it. The third row may be cramped, but for most buyers SUV looks score more than a proper third row. Very few really needs a third row. It is just there to tick off a box and just like every Hyundai product this car is placed at an existing void with precision.

The only gripe is the lack of 7 seats in the top end variant. It is surprising how a manufacturer with such a skilled market research team missed this. Innova also does the same thing. In Innova's case I think it is to push the top end buyers to base model Fortuner. I don't understand Hyundai's logic. Is there some other convoluted reason that we are missing here? Are they planning a Santafe or Tucson 7 seater ?
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 23:43   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_monarch View Post
It doesn't list 7 seater top end!
Gaadiwaadi’s walkaround video shows the Manual 7str variant (brown one) diesel having the same 18inch alloys as the 6str Signature (O) Petrol Auto standing beside it (white one).

Features that both had:
- 10.25 inch digital instrument cluster
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic Sunroof
- 360 deg camera

Features that were missing in the manual compared to the auto were:
- Ventilated front seats.
- Foot board on both sides.

So I am pretty sure that the booking page on Hyundai’s website has this particular Signature manual 7 str variant missing from it! I guess instead of Signature 6str manual they must have meant 7str and haven’t noticed it till now.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 23:53   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Yikes. The front does not look great in white. Chrome galore on the grill
Yes too much of chrome, but that is what the market wants. People are slapping chrome strips all around so that is what Hyundai sensed. I'm not a fan of chrome.

FRONT: The headlights looks better than Creta's with the body colored strip removed, but I don't prefer the chrome overload on the grill.
REAR: looks more proportionate and better than Creta.
SIDE: looks proportionate but I find the alloys very aftermarket like.
MOUNTAINMAN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 00:28   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
So I am pretty sure that the booking page on Hyundai’s website has this particular Signature manual 7 str variant missing from it! I guess instead of Signature 6str manual they must have meant 7str and haven’t noticed it till now.
I don't think they can make such a blunder, and also not realizing if they did, with people all around questioning no top spec in 7 seater
Old 15th June 2021, 00:37   #515
rpm
BHPian

I think I may be going against the tide here, but I find the side profile very odd and quirky. The side crease is too over the top for me, made worse by the huge (compared to Creta) rear quarter glass. It gives off more of an MPV-ish look to me than that of an SUV.

I know Creta has a similar side profile, but I think it doesn't look as jarring there because of the minuscule rear quarter glass. That said, I do like how the front attempts to mask the split DRL arrangement more than the Creta. The rear looks neat as well thanks to the more traditional arrangement of tail lamps. Overall, I feel that the exterior is still too quirky for my liking.

Last edited by rpm : 15th June 2021 at 00:44.
Old 15th June 2021, 05:19   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
I It gives off more of an MPV-ish look to me than that of an SUV.
Basically they have levelled off Creta’s slightly tapered roofline and extended it, giving it the sense of balance and proposition. But make no mistake, almost all 5/7 seaters in this category are essentially crossovers or MUVs in the traditional sense. None of them have the classic SUV features or the mechanicals. Not even the new Safari.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 15th June 2021 at 05:20.
Old 15th June 2021, 07:18   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Features that both had:
- 10.25 inch digital instrument cluster
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic Sunroof
- 360 deg camera

Features that were missing in the manual compared to the auto were:
- Ventilated front seats.
- Foot board on both sides.
Since there is no 7 seater in top spec signature variant, the one showcased in the video must be mid manual platinum variant.
Also the manual diesel in the video was missing on ventilated seats, side footsteps, drive modes and may be few more like voice assist to open sunroof which might be reserved for top signature variant.

While comparing creta and Alcazar variants, there will be no creta equivalent E and EX variants in the Alcazar as Hyundai has been marketing it as premium 7 seater SUV. So we must be expecting below equivalents.
Creta S = Alcazar prestige
Creta SX = Alcazar platinum
Creta SX(O) = Alcazar signature

In contrast to what I said above some features might be exclusive to automatics assuming they want to push more people to buy automatics, but still missing the logic of 7 seater not available in top spec as per Hyundai website. I don’t think Hyundai or any other manufacturer would have such a mistake of missing out variants in their official site and not have it rectified for so long.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th June 2021 at 07:56. Reason: Please quote selectively and not an entire post. Thanks.
Old 15th June 2021, 08:36   #518
Senior - BHPian

First thing I noticed is the boot seems to be usable(300ltr??)

Surprised as to how they pulled it off, 6 seater plus weekend luggage will be just perfect.

Will wait for more details
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 10:12   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
First thing I noticed is the boot seems to be usable(300ltr??)

Surprised as to how they pulled it off, 6 seater plus weekend luggage will be just perfect.

Will wait for more details
According to Hyundai, the boot is 180L (source).

Last edited by Aiel : 15th June 2021 at 10:30.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 10:21   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
According to Hyundai, the booth is 180L (source).
Thanks, might be camera trick in video then. 180ltr seems realistic as with similar cars.
Old 15th June 2021, 10:55   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I am digging those alloys. Before someone calls me out on alloys, I really like the alloys being offered on the 2021 Octavia L&K.
I think the alloys would look better with a sprinkle of black bits here and there.
Attached Thumbnails
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-48599b1ad4ef45f29a14532f97854b74.jpeg  

maheshm619 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 11:22   #522
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The Gaadiwaadi guy specifically stated that the Safari (and by extension, the Hector/XUV 7OO) is a segment above. He theorized that the most natural competitor for the Alcazar would be the XL6/Ertiga (which is understandable considering that both have similar dimensions and overall build quality). Hence, for all the extra features and a bit better plastic, I would not give anything over a 2-3L premium over a similarly specced XL6 for the Alcazar. But this being a Hyundai, Delhiites will again lose their minds and buy these in droves even if Hyundai wants 22L for the top end.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 15th June 2021 at 11:24.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 11:55   #523
Senior - BHPian

This looks ugly, no doubts in that. I am sure Hyundai will price it around 20-21 Lakhs ex-showroom for top end. For that money, Safari looks better buy any day.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 13:03   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Safari looks better buy any day.
Dear Aniketi, I have done the test drive of safari and I am 6"1'. If I will adjust the Driver seat for myself, you will feel 2nd-row safari is congested to the XUV500 (current generation). Even the last row of safari is useless same as the Hector plus. I don't know, HOW XUV500 provides more space in the 2nd and 3rd row even it is smaller than the Safari in dimensions.

Let's see how much space ALCAZAR provides us in 2nd Row.

Petrol 2.0 looks better on papers than Diesel 1.5 but with rising Fuel prices & my usage, it doesn't make sense to buy Petrol engine (Personal opinion).
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 13:09   #525
BHPian

10 Years ago, a trend was started of coming up with compact sedans which were extension of Hatchbacks. This was started by Indica-Indigo, but pioneered by Swift-Dzire. Now, Creta-Alcazar and Harrier-Safari have essentially taken the same formula further.

I've never found this impressive. In fact, I really do not think there is a proper 7 seater car below 20 lakhs. Even the ones that seat relatively comfortably do not have a proper boot with the exception of Innova.

Last edited by fache89 : 15th June 2021 at 13:20.
fache89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed