Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2021, 13:35   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Alcazar's front grille looks so much good. Here's one in black spotted at a dealership. I can't wait to get that grille on my Creta
Painting the lower chrome in matt black and turning those rectangular bits in to gun metal finish can make it look really nice. Attaching a photoshoped image.
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-mat-grill-copy.jpg
But like others pointed out, retrofitting just the grill may not be possible.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 13:40   #617
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Agreed with most of the comments. Lack of 7 seater AT in Petrol is baffling. But I guess Hyundai just wanted to stick to sub 20L sticker pricing. It will be introduced soon after by festive season if not earlier. Good choice for someone who likes the creta/seltos but needed a reliable Petrol 7 seater.

As for diesel it definitely sounds puny for a ~20L car. Would await team-bhp review for some information on performance of the same.

Even we need one Petrol 7 seater in the family ~20L but would wait for GNCAP results first. Not touching a Hyundai/Kia without verification from GNCAP for indian model.

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th June 2021 at 13:42.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 13:47   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Price comparison of Alcazar with similar 6-7 seaters.

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-ee33458ae5b4490d9fd886711598aa12.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-9779ee611fad411fbc27d1c9711b3b3c.jpeg

EDIT: According to Hyundai the Alcazar just weighs 80kg more than the Creta, so they have tuned the Diesel engine accordingly and have said the power to weight is on par with the competition!

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-96655f11f6ff4b4d99a1550292bc1006.jpeg

https://instagram.com/stories/shutte...dium=copy_link

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th June 2021 at 14:09.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 13:51   #619
BHPian

Well played by Hyundai in terms of pricing!

After the disastrous pricing of the new-gen i20, the pricing of Alcazar is just spot on! At the price of Creta SX(O) Diesel AT, one can spend few thousands of rupees and get the Alcazar Prestige(O) Diesel AT with all bells and whistles and gets the features similar to what Creta SX(O) has!

Now, I feel that the Hector, Harrier, and Safari including the Innova Crysta will face the heat after Hyundai announced the pricing of Alcazar, which is quite aggressive!

The only grouse with the Alcazar is its Diesel engine! The enthusiasts might find the performance of the Diesel as a big drawback but an aam-junta person might not find it as he or she cares about fuel efficiency!

And, I'll be having the TD of Alcazar soon along with dad as we are planning to replace our 10-year-old Innova and since the Innova Crysta is overpriced and dad isn't keen on getting a Tata, we might go for the Alcazar Diesel AT mostly!
car_guy1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 13:51   #620
BHPian

Hyundai (or Kia) knows Indian market really well. It's a perfect pricing and success of Creta will definitely help Alcazar to have good numbers on sales chart. Good days for Hyundai.
UP!!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:09   #621
Senior - BHPian

1.5 L is a no no. For a car that will be doing some serious towing if at all then this is underpowered.

Pricing is good for the equipment.

But one thing is for sure - this will be a good seller if not a stellar seller.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:10   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

I was frankly a bit surprised at the pricing. I thought Hyundai would try and straddle a wider price band - Grab some customers looking at top variants of MPVs such as the Ertiga, tempt buyers of 5-seater Creta and Seltos lower variants (EX/S) to part with a bit more cash for a 6/7-seater, as well as stretch at the high end to compete with the Safari/Hector Plus. There were a lot of expectations of "Creta Plus" pricing - i.e. launch equivalent trims at 1.5 -2 lakhs above the respective Creta trims. Instead they have chosen to play only at the top end of the price band and almost head-on against the Safari and Hector Plus (which are cars from a higher segment in my opinion)

Hyundai wants to erase any price comparison with the Creta and therefore have completely stayed away from the variant nomenclature used in Creta and many other cars in its stable (i.e., E/EX/S/SX) and used totally different nomenclature such as Prestige/Platinum/Signature etc. Perhaps, in the future, we will see lower trims with less features and pricing levels comparable to the Creta mid variants, since there is a good market out there for 7-seaters in the 15-20 lakhs on-road (12-16 lakhs ex-showroom) price band.

One thing I will give to Hyundai - Even the entry variant is handsomely equipped, with LED headlamps, electronic parking break, Pano sunroof, 10.25 inch touchscreen ICE, cruise control etc. all provided as standard. The one surprise is the absence of 6 airbags in all but the top signature trims, it is such an important safety feature and should have been standard.

The engines are disappointing. The 2.0 NA engine will probably be way less exciting to drive than the GDI engines in its armour and the 1.5 Diesel will be underwhelming on such a large car. They may not have had a choice, the frame and body of the Alcazar may not be robust enough to handle any more power, such as from their own 2.0 CRDI engine. This is where the Safari and XUV 700 will score - The Safari with its strong 2.0 FCA Diesel engine and the XUV700 with both the excellent 2.2 mHawk Diesel and a cracker of a petrol engine with the 2.0 mStallion - which will be tuned for even more power than in the Thar and will be explosive to drive.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 18th June 2021 at 14:20.
84.monsoon is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:12   #623
BHPian

In all, there are 14 different variants considering all the engine + transmission + seat-configuration combos. Yet, there's only one 7-seater + AT option! To make things worse, it's available only in the lower trim, Prestige (O). However, an important thing to note is, this lower trim is equivalent to the Creta SX variant. This means, absence of side and curtain airbags in the 7-seater automatic variant. On the flip side, it gets an individual TPMS unit and auto-dimming IRVM unlike Creta SX. Furthermore, the telescopic steering is standard in Alcazar while missing altogether from the Creta line-up.

Comparing the cosmetic feature list of both these variants, Alcazar gets 64-colored ambient lighting which is also present on all the doors while Creta gets single blue stripe on the dashboard. Twin exhaust is standard on Prestige while it's exclusive in the turbo-petrol variant of Creta. The 17" dual tone alloys aren't available on Creta SX but are present on Alcazar Prestige. Inversely, Creta SX gets rear-headrest cushions and puddle lights which aren't present in the Alcazar Prestige.

I still can't believe these Hyundai twins don't get back-lit power-window, ORVMs and lock/unlock switches! Even one-touch function is exclusive to the driver side power-window button. One more thing, something as basic as the rain-sensing wipers are absent in all the variants of Alcazar. It isn't available in the Innova Crysta too. Till last year, even the Fortuner didn't have it. So, they're learning a bit too much from the folks at Toyota!
romil.shroff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:22   #624
BHPian

Looks so bland and like European cars. I am sure one will get bored of this in few years. I wish there was more character to this car, in present state it looks so boring. In comparison XUV500/700 looks better, Albert quality issues galore.

Also I hope Hyundai has sorted DCT issues. Also why no Electric/Hybrid model? Who wants to spend so much money on basic Diesel/Petrol.

Last edited by heydj : 18th June 2021 at 14:24.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:23   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The one surprise is the absence of 6 airbags in all but the top signature trims, it is such an important safety feature and should have been standard.
6 airbags are available from the mid-variant onwards. Ideally for a 6+ seater, 6 airbags could have been included in the base variant. Hyundai could have set the standard here.
Old 18th June 2021, 14:27   #626
BHPian

Hyundai #Alcazar gets 4000 pre-booking claims company, Bookings for the diesel variant are 55% while the petrol counterpart has garnered 45% bookings.

Source : https://t.co/3lrwFGaIXL?amp=1
Old 18th June 2021, 14:34   #627
Senior - BHPian

In my view, the pricing of the Alcazar is surely on the higher side. It’s almost at par with the Safari, maybe slight differences in the equipment. So then, is the Alcazar really a Safari equal, I mean in terms of mechanicals & build? And then there is a much smaller diesel engine in the Alcazar vs the 2.0 in the Safari. So, car to car, give or take a few features, the Safari is a much better bet.

And if this is the pricing route taken by the Alcazar, I’m wondering where will the next Gen Tucson sit? Much more expensive than the current one for sure! Also imagine the XUV700 now, which is supposed to have a lot more tech and features! Suddenly a 27-30 lakh XUV700 seems very much on the cards! These kind of massive price increases make me wonder how would someone driving a City or Creta actually be able to upgrade? I bought a 1st Gen Creta in 2018 for 15L, have been hoping to upgrade to something like Tucson or a Compass for about 22-24 lakhs in the next 2 years! Guess what, after the next 2 years I wouldn’t be even able to afford the Alcazar which would have become more expensive by then! So basically stuck in the same segment forever!

Last edited by motorworks : 18th June 2021 at 14:36.
motorworks is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:47   #628
BHPian

I like the pricing especially since all are below the crucial 20lakh bracket. Above 20 lakhs in Kerala you end up paying 20% road tax and for less than 20 lakh it is 15%.

This was one flaw with the safari pricing as top models exceed 20l and you end up paying a huge sum in road tax just for selecting the top model.
Nanolover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:55   #629
Senior - BHPian

That is some block buster pricing! Terrific value for money. It's a shame though that the petrol does not have a 7 seater manual option in the top end spec. Given the reported paucity of space in the last row I am not sure how much sense it makes to make do with a 6 seater option only in the top end spec.

Are the reviews still embargoed? I thought they would have started coming out by now?

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 18th June 2021 at 15:02.
Old 18th June 2021, 15:05   #630
Senior - BHPian

While the pricing seems ok, it might cost more on road in states like karnataka. Also not happy with 1.5L for this price.

I have a strong feeling Hyundai will eventually launch a bare bones alcazar at a lower tag. But for now, they have given it a healthy gap between this and Creta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks