Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 19:55   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Thank you for the scoop. By any chance were you able to check on safety features like number of airbags and availability of ESP in lower variants?
only Prestige (O) (White and Black) 6 seater AT and (Tiago Brown) 7seater manual have reached dealership.
No other models/versions available right now there.
Prestige (O) AT has 6 six airbags. As i was not keen on Manual, not sure about manual 7 seater. but it could be same as AT for sure.
Old 16th June 2021, 20:21   #557
BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
only Prestige (O) (White and Black) 6 seater AT and (Tiago Brown) 7seater manual have reached dealership.
Prestige (O) AT has 6 six airbags. As i was not keen on Manual, not sure about manual 7 seater. but it could be same as AT for sure.
I'm afraid you are mistaken. What you have seen is Platinum(O)AT since Prestige(O)AT doesn't come in six seater configuration. I'm also assuming you are talking about diesel engine versions since you are comparing with Safari.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 20:34   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
I was looking at some of the walk through videos on Youtube for the top end automatic version and felt that the ventilated seat buttons seemed missing .

Hope Hyundai is not protecting the price ceiling by dropping features from the top end automatic.
+1

I'm hoping the same that the Hyundai won't do this thing!

Let's see what Hyundai will do on the launch day of the Alcazar!
Old 16th June 2021, 20:37   #559
BHPian

Quote:

My comparison is with Tata Safari 7 seater as i have booked Adventure Persona XZA+ 7 seater and waited for Alcazar to decide on it.
Now i am more incline with Safari. will wait till the price announcement and finalize a deal.
On road is the key to the success of Alcazar. IMO, anything above 23.5L on road price for AT high-end will not worth buying this car.

Please let me now if you have any specific question, i'll try my best to answer
I'd be interested in knowing your comparison criteria / decision matrix for Safari vs Alcazar. I am going through a similar dilemma and another perspective would be great!
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 20:42   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
I'm afraid you are mistaken. What you have seen is Platinum(O)AT since Prestige(O)AT doesn't come in six seater configuration. I'm also assuming you are talking about diesel engine versions since you are comparing with Safari.
Yes, it's Petrol Prestige(O) AT and MT, it could be Prestige and not sure about fuel i was keen only on AT. No TD started yet.
As salesmen told, only Prestige and Prestige (O) versions have come to their dealership.
Old 16th June 2021, 20:53   #561

Quote:
Are you sure that you saw the Prestige variant? Does it mean, Hyundai is providing 6 airbags with base variant?

Also from the dual color tone option you mentioned for the 6 seater AT variant, I doubt if you have seen the Signature (O) variant. In the pre book webpage, dual tone option is available with only Signature variants.
Old 16th June 2021, 20:58   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have checked both 6 & 7 seater in person today in my native.
Car looks grand and good from inside & outside. All technologies are incorporated well and premium.
But the 3rd row seating space is average and strictly for kids even we forward the 2nd row seat to the max and kids above 12 age will struggle on long journey.
Hi aks_karthik, So you mean to say that in 7 seater, the 3rd row is useless same as Hector Plus where only kids up to 10 years can fit.

Also, I want to know about the steering if it was Telescopic?
How were the seats, I mean comfort-wise?
How was the music system?
Old 16th June 2021, 21:05   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's Petrol Prestige(O) AT and MT, it could be Prestige and not sure about. As salesmen told, only Prestige and Prestige (O) versions have come to their dealership.
Was the white colour same as this or had a black roof? And were the alloy wheels same as these?:

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-86fb022e22534afea194edf77963a692.jpeg

EDIT: All variants seen at dealerships and dealer yards till now of either Manual or Auto are Platinum and Platinum(O) respectively or Prestige in some cases of 17 inch alloy wheels because Signature variant gets a small 'signature' badge on the tailgate as seen in Hyundai's official video:

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-inkedalcazar_li.jpg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th June 2021 at 21:22.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 21:45   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR2050 View Post
Are you sure that you saw the Prestige variant? Does it mean, Hyundai is providing 6 airbags with base variant?

Also from the dual color tone option you mentioned for the 6 seater AT variant, I doubt if you have seen the Signature (O) variant. In the pre book webpage, dual tone option is available with only Signature variants.
Prestige is the mid variant.
I meant 2 different shades of cars in white and black.
As Salesrep mentioned, only prestige and prestige(O) variants have only reached their dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Hi aks_karthik, So you mean to say that in 7 seater, the 3rd row is useless same as Hector Plus where only kids up to 10 years can fit.

Also, I want to know about the steering if it was Telescopic?
How were the seats, I mean comfort-wise?
How was the music system?
Yes, it's same as Hector Plus/Ertiga. better you can assess it in person.
Yes, Prestige has tilt and telescopic.
Seats and music system are same as Creta. no much differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Was the white colour same as this or had a black roof? And were the alloy wheels same as these?:
I haven't seen any dual tone Alcazar. 3 cars are there in White, Black and Tiaga Brown.
Yes, Prestige (O) (as told by salesrep )has 18 inch alloys, Side Steps and twin exhaust in petrol version. only missing feature to my eyes is ventilated seats. i am not sure about safety features other than 6 airbags as TD is not yet started.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 16th June 2021 at 21:55.
Old 16th June 2021, 22:27   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
I'd be interested in knowing your comparison criteria / decision matrix for Safari vs Alcazar. I am going through a similar dilemma and another perspective would be great!
I too am interested as I'm in exact same state as you both. I have XZA+ Adventure booked in early March and likely to be allotted soon. Looking forward to hear others thought process in choosing between Safari and Alcazar.

Last edited by NoLurkerForLong : 16th June 2021 at 22:54. Reason: Clarity
Old 16th June 2021, 22:31   #566
BANNED

Quote:
Hi All,

I have checked both 6 & 7 seater in person today in my native.
Car looks grand and good from inside & outside. All technologies are incorporated well and premium.
But the 3rd row seating space is average and strictly for kids even we forward the 2nd row seat to the max and kids above 12 age will struggle on long journey.
Boot space though it's 180 ltrs in paper, the shape is not beneficial and even cabin size suitcase will not fit if we incline the seat for the comfort.
Signature (O) AT is coming only 6 seater avatar and 7 seater option is not at all available. so luggage space is very minimal with 6 passengers. we can keep only 3 back bags of size 25-30 ltrs each.

the additional wheelbase is nowhere seen and we can't use it to ferry 6 passengers and luggage comfortably for long journey.
Hyundai could have planned to launch 7 seater version in the top end automatic to compete with safari and upcoming XUV700.
Even the prestige (O) version, i have seen has all gizmos except ventilated.seats.
Digital Cluster and 360 degree camera are top notch and clarity is good.
As we all know, it's Creta with additional wheelbase and extra seats.
AT version is not a car for people who looks for 7 seater and use as 6 seater + to keep luggage by folding one 3rd row seat. period.

My comparison is with Tata Safari 7 seater as i have booked Adventure Persona XZA+ 7 seater and waited for Alcazar to decide on it.
Now i am more incline with Safari. will wait till the price announcement and finalize a deal.
On road is the key to the success of Alcazar. IMO, anything above 23.5L on road price for AT high-end will not worth buying this car.

Thanks Karthik. Few questions:
1) The additional wheelbase is nowhere seen - is that not reflected in width (cabin space) - i see the width just 30mm less than Innova Crysta (1830mm).
2) Did you test drive AT safari? What was the experience?
3) On the luggage space - did you see Safari better?
4) Were you able to get a feel on the driver seat?
Old 16th June 2021, 22:44   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsr_83 View Post
Thanks Karthik. Few questions:
1) The additional wheelbase is nowhere seen - is that not reflected in width (cabin space) - i see the width just 30mm less than Innova Crysta (1830mm).
2) Did you test drive AT safari? What was the experience?
3) On the luggage space - did you see Safari better?
4) Were you able to get a feel on the driver seat?
1) hope you are referring to wheelbase and length of the car. most of the space is gone to boot space and 3rd seat space is really short for a 6/7 seater.
2) Yes, multiple times, with 2L engine, it's a powerhouse and beast especially with Sport drive mode + rough road terrain mode. it's not right to compare Alcazar Diesel with Safari Diesel engine. though the lesser kerb weight of Alcazar and gear ratio might make some wonder in drivability.
3) I have booked 7 seater and 6 members in my family occupies 6 seats and luggage will be placed in folded 3rd row remaining seat. it could be around 300-400 lts of luggage space.
4) In Alcazar, it's absolute delight to be in and around with Digital cluster and well shaped steering wheel. you can find your position in a jiffy and but unable to try ventilated seats as it's not it lower variants, but tried in Creta other day when had a TD. it's must to have feature in our country.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 16th June 2021 at 22:59.
Old 16th June 2021, 22:55   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
I am interested in that as well. I am in exact same state as you both. I have XZA+ Adventure booked in early March and likely to be allotted soon. Looking forward to hear others thought process in choosing between Safari and Alcazar.
if you need 6 members to be seated in the car comfortably and some 300-400 ltrs (my assumption) luggage space, i suggest to go with Safari 7 seater.
XZA+ on road in Tamilnadu is 26.5 - 26.8L.
so Safari will be pricier by 3L if Alcazar will be launched in the price bracket 23-24L on road.

Power/Drivability : Safari -> Alacazar (as per the TD in Creta)
Comfort : Safari -> Alcazar
Space : Safari -> Alcazar
Looks : Safari -> Alcazar (though it's subjective)
Features : Alcazar -> Safari
Cost advantage: Alcazar -> Safari
Fuel Economy (ARAI) (Diesel) : Alcazar (18 kmpl) -> Safari (14 Kmpl)
Service Cost: Alcazar - Safari
Resale value: Alcazar ( as it's from Hyundai) -> Safari(wish to change the perception)

Last edited by aks_karthik : 16th June 2021 at 22:59.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 23:25   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

In this video from 1:05 to 1:16 there is a short glimpse at the only 7 str Automatic in the line-up ie. Prestige(O) Auto diesel with Creta SX(O)’s instrument cluster and no BOSE speakers as seen on the front door and no speaker on the dashboard as well which is seen in the Platinum trim.

Prestige(O) gets a lot more features as compared to the Prestige manual shown in the earlier posts like electric parking brake, auto hold, paddle shifters and air purifier.

Rest of the two cars shown ie. first Alcazar in the video is the Platinum manual 7 str and second brown Alcazar is the Platinum (O) 6 str.

Hope this clears a lot of confusion which Hyundai has unnecessarily created!

According to me the Prestige(O) Automatic diesel 7 str looks very well kitted out with the only grouse being the 1.5L diesel!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th June 2021 at 23:42.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 00:01   #570
BHPian

Quote:
if you need 6 members to be seated in the car comfortably and some 300-400 ltrs (my assumption) luggage space, i suggest to go with Safari 7 seater.
XZA+ on road in Tamilnadu is 26.5 - 26.8L.
so Safari will be pricier by 3L if Alcazar will be launched in the price bracket 23-24L on road.

Power/Drivability : Safari -> Alacazar (as per the TD in Creta)
Comfort : Safari -> Alcazar
Space : Safari -> Alcazar
Looks : Safari -> Alcazar (though it's subjective)
Features : Alcazar -> Safari
Cost advantage: Alcazar -> Safari
Fuel Economy (ARAI) (Diesel) : Alcazar (18 kmpl) -> Safari (14 Kmpl)
Service Cost: Alcazar - Safari
Resale value: Alcazar ( as it's from Hyundai) -> Safari(wish to change the perception)
Can you also add your thoughts on:

1. Third row space & comfort
2. Usable boot space with all three rows up
3. Second row width - whether three adults can sit comfortably
4. Does the Prestige or Platinum variant of Alcazar have isofix mounts and for 1 or 2 seats?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks