Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2021, 22:13   #691
BHPian

Re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Where would you put Alcazar in your list ?
I put Alcazar last in this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I regard your opinion. but I have used to Ertiga extensively and no where the 3rd row comfort is comparable to Safari.
Ertiga is cramped and only for kids aged lesser than 10-12.
I used the Ertiga 2019 for 2 long drives, and unfortunately I was made to sit in the last row,
I am of 5ft 5" height and I was reasonably comfortable with middle bench slightly moved ahead.

But I felt in Safari I was sitting in knees up position and had a feeling it will not be comfortable for long drives.
But to be truthful my drive lasted just 30 minutes.
RaceHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 23:06   #692
BANNED

Re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post

I used the Ertiga 2019 for 2 long drives, and unfortunately I was made to sit in the last row,
I am of 5ft 5" height and I was reasonably comfortable with middle bench slightly moved ahead.
There are 5 specific things that make XL6 / Ertiga have probably the best 3rd row seats

1) It's a monocoque and thus has much lower body roll (body roll is very pronounced in Body on frame vehicles like Innova, marazzo etc)

2) The 3rd row seats have recline function and can be reclined to a comfortable angle (this is missing in Marazzo for example)

3) The 3rd row is setup as balcony seating, which means that the 3rd row passenger is sitting higher than first row and second row passenger. The 3rd row passenger gets much better visibility and also sits higher up (unlike the knees pointing to the sky seating position in most other 6/7 seaters)

4) Even though the Ertiga/Xl6 is not as long as Innova Crysta, the cabin of ertiga/Xl6 is as long as Innova Crysta (the extra length of Crysta is in the longer hood and longer boot). This ensures better leg room than most other 6/7 seaters

5) Ertiga/XL6 seem to have more range in how far the 1st and 2nd row seats can be pushed forwards / backwards. This opens up more flexibility to adjust the seating to give more comfort to passengers in all the 3 rows.

Would suggest everyone to try traveling in the 3rd row of XL6 once before buying other 6/7 seaters. At least you will know what you are going to miss
PYSO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 23:37   #693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
There are 5 specific things that make XL6 / Ertiga have probably the best 3rd row seats

1) It's a monocoque and thus has much lower body roll (body roll is very pronounced in Body on frame vehicles like Innova, marazzo etc)

2) The 3rd row seats have recline function and can be reclined to a comfortable angle (this is missing in Marazzo for example)

3) The 3rd row is setup as balcony seating, which means that the 3rd row passenger is sitting higher than first row and second row passenger. The 3rd row passenger gets much better visibility and also sits higher up (unlike the knees pointing to the sky seating position in most other 6/7 seaters)

4) Even though the Ertiga/Xl6 is not as long as Innova Crysta, the cabin of ertiga/Xl6 is as long as Innova Crysta (the extra length of Crysta is in the longer hood and longer boot). This ensures better leg room than most other 6/7 seaters

5) Ertiga/XL6 seem to have more range in how far the 1st and 2nd row seats can be pushed forwards / backwards. This opens up more flexibility to adjust the seating to give more comfort to passengers in all the 3 rows.

Would suggest everyone to try traveling in the 3rd row of XL6 once before buying other 6/7 seaters. At least you will know what you are going to miss
I am seriously thinking of putting too much price on a depreciating asset in mixed bag of reviews and start thinking of Ertiga. Is there any nearby facelift launch being planned?
tsr_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 00:02   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

While taking delivery of a Hyundai Creta with a friend today, came across the Signature edition of Alcazar and which sported the 2.0 badge. Seemed plush with dark red interiors. This practise of updating an already established car like Creta and making it sell worthy adding two extra seats with little tweaks to the interiors and more powerful petrol engines, is indeed commendable from Hyundai. Adding some pictures :

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-0cd98e7f7c094841a32acca6bbb84c20.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-0e0328eee52347428910c68c53e2762d.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-f7a08a8f68cd41a3b5ba83f85a74573c.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-c4e16c2d0e8e482bacc7fd695725f31d.jpeg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-2a5765dd10f04a8baa3420726332f78a.jpeg

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 22nd June 2021 at 00:05.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 05:50   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
After checking all 7 seater vehicles in the market, I rank them like below based on the third row comfort.

Xylo > Marazzo > Innova > Ertiga > Triber > Safari
What is your criteria for this ranking? In terms of space, it cannot be less than Ertiga or Triber? Even engine is one of the best in Safari. Xylo, Innova, Eritga has lesser creature comforts than Safari. Safari is best looking in all the cars mentioned though it is subjective. Unless it is explained, it seems biased.
abhijet.sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:04   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijet.sen View Post
What is your criteria for this ranking?
I have clearly mentioned the criteria is solely based on Third row comfort.

Third row of Alcazar is not comfortable for adults at all.
RaceHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:45   #697
BHPian

Had a look at the Alcazar for the second time, but this time, it was a 6-seater one!

Even though the middle row is comfortable due to the captain seats, but still the third row is a disaster!

And, after sitting in the third row, now I've removed the Alcazar from the list!

And, overall I can say that the Alcazar is best called an extended Creta with 4 seater rather than calling it a 6-7 seater car!

Instead, I'll save that 3L and get its cheaper sibling, i.e, the Creta, which has better rear-seat comfort than the Alcazar and I'll be getting the similar features of Alcazar in the Creta as well! The Creta is best for the people, who don't require a 7-seater and at the same time, who want better rear-seat comfort as well!

Or, if a 7-seater car is a necessity, will extend a bit and get an Innova Crysta for its bulletproof reliability along with third-row comfort or Safari for its looks, performance and has better comfort as well!
car_guy1998 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:55   #698

Alcazar sure looks premium inside! Panaromic sunroof from the base model will push public interest through the roof!

Not sure if anyone has already pointed this on the thread: But from the images on Safety: noticed the the 6 airbags do not cover the last row seats (like the Tata Safari). May have been difficult to engineer as the Creta is a global model and stretching it may have posed challenges in incorporating additional (or bigger airbags) which cover the last row.

While all the bling and leather and long list of features are very very welcome to the Junta & enthusiasts alike, I ask myself, what are we paying the premium for? The last row seats? The occupants will not only be left wanting for space but also less protected than the "chosen" ones who occupy the first 2 rows.

Not cribbing but it would have been a good move to cover the entire window line with an Airbag (Like the Innova does!), especially since majority of the informed people are not very confident of the Alcazar/Creta/Seltos platform's
safety aspects (for the India version). With added length and 80 kgs on the alcazar - I have my reservations on how the chassis will handle any additional loading in a crash (or in the elusive GNACAP test).

My 2 cents
rony.mandal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:06   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post

Instead, I'll save that 3L and get its cheaper sibling, i.e, the Creta, which has better rear-seat comfort than the Alcazar and I'll be getting the similar features of Alcazar in the Creta as well! The Creta is best for the people, who don't require a 7-seater and at the same time, who want better rear-seat comfort as well!
Ditto.. I am continuing with my Creta booking for the same reason and savings would be used for long drives
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:25   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Ditto.. I am continuing with my Creta booking for the same reason and savings would be used for long drives
I assume we are talking about Diesel versions of Creta vs Alczar.
For someone who is looking for petrol, any thoughts on how much performance difference we can expect between these two cars because of this 2L petrol engine ?
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:04   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
I assume we are talking about Diesel versions of Creta vs Alczar.
Actually petrol IVT as it makes more sense for my running pattern. There is significant difference in the OTR price between the Creta and Alcazar petrol AT in Bangalore and I am realising that the so called upgrade doesn't cut it for me
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:42   #702
BHPian

Could anyone inform me the boot capacity with the 3rd row folded? With the 3rd row up, I think it's 180 liters but couldn't these specs aren't mentioned on the official company website.
Old 22nd June 2021, 16:23   #703
BHPian

I am facing the quintessential problem of upgrading from a previous generation Innova.
I had gone to check out the Alcazar in it's Diesel + Manual variant but ended up driving a 6 seater, Diesel, Signature AT.

It is a pretty looking vehicle with all bells and whistles much like most Hyundai's of today. Despite having a 1.5L diesel engine, it drives ok. I don't think it will be a cause of concern with 4 passengers for intra city commutes.

The last row of seats is unusable except for very small kids or for keeping luggage. Even the middle row has limited amount of space. With the front passenger seat pushed back, there is a limitation of space in the middle row. Thus, a chauffeur driven Alcazar will be an ill fit.

In simple words, this car is in my eyes, a competitor for Maruti Ertiga, XL6, Marrazo etc. Even though it is priced similar to XUV 500, Hector, Innova etc, it is nowhere in these cars' league, except in terms of equipment on offer.

At it's price point, at least in my case, buying a MT 7 Seater GX Crysta makes more sense. I have a tendency to extract the most out of cars at this price point and thus in the long run, 2 lakh rupees price difference does not make a difference.
Aniket03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 18:24   #704
BHPian

The initial feedback on the lack of adequate space in the 2nd row is a deal breaker. All those talk of additional wheel base and the bells and whistles mean very little to me now
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:32   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
The initial feedback on the lack of adequate space in the 2nd row is a deal breaker. All those talk of additional wheel base and the bells and whistles mean very little to me now
On the Creta itself the legroom in the second row is "adequate" and not plush.So I think the expectations need to be tempered accordingly. The overall length of the car has been extended by less than 200mm. Contrary to other "van" like designs like say the Marazzo or Ertiga, the engine section takes up a fair portion of the length.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed