Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2021, 11:09   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Production spec Alcazar.

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-d6a0a465b7ef4f2292e55201eadf3f46.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 11:20   #287
BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Hi Friends,
I have a Crysta booking at hand and due to the recent updates on this thread, looking at this as an option. Have two questions though:
1. RWD Crysta I feel will drive and ride better than a FWD Creta+ / Alcazar?
2. What are the dates for the release of Alcazar ? Booking start dates etc ?
3. Safety ratings expected ?
4. Love the wheelbase and design options speculated so far. My choice will be 2 NA Petrol AT Top end.
5. Price expectations ?

Any feedback or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 8th April 2021 at 11:23. Reason: adding point 5 to question
Old 8th April 2021, 12:01   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Production spec Alcazar.

Attachment 2142168
Based on these first images I would say that the Safari looks much better. Also no information on the boot space with all seven seat up.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:06   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Also no information on the boot space with all seven seat up
Boot space is 180L with all seats up. This was given in the specification slides in one of the earlier posts.
Bh.P is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:07   #290
BHPian

Looks like it has gone unnoticed, but Alcazar has wheelbase of 2760mm, 10mm more than Crysta. Seems that they are going to target the entire 7 seater spectrum, with base models targeting the Ertiga and top end models targeting Safari/Hector/Crysta. 1.5D unit in my Seltos even with full load(read 5 adults and full boot) delivers good performance with staggering 19-20kmpl on Highway. If we take Tata for reference, Weight increase from Harrier to Safari was 150kgs. So Diesel should be fine in this car with whatever little tuning they have done for additional weight. 2.0P will target performance buyers and private buyers whose running is less. Overall another segment first Car by Hyundai covering a huge price band, Similar to what Creta/Seltos twins do in 10-20lakh segment.
ynike99 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:26   #291
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a baby Palisade. Seven seats, higher wheel base than Crysta and proper SUV looks. If something prompts Toyota to keep a check on ever increasing prices of Crysta, this is it. Wonder why Hyundai decided to keep the Creta face. With different wheelbase and different engines, this is an all new car.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 8th April 2021 at 12:30.
padmrajravi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:31   #292

Hyundai claims a 0-100 time of under 10 secs but it is a bit hard to believe. Also the petrol engine sounds good for elantra but with 6-7 people on board I feel the performance might dip significantly.
Old 8th April 2021, 12:37   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Production spec Alcazar.

Attachment 2142168
That rakish 'C' pillar reminds me of the Tata Indigo Marina.

Image source:Indian drives
Attached Thumbnails
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-1617865607207.jpg  

ATRONIX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:44   #294
BHPian

OK. I may get penalized for this but the name Alcazar brings me fond memories of my childhood comics days when a certain General Alcazar and his power hungry antics was featured in more than one comic. Curious what inspired this name for Hyundai as it is a departure from their other names in use in India.
clementw is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:49   #295
BHPian

Never been a fan of the Creta but after seeing the production spec Alcazar images, I hate to admit that I have sort of started liking it. I hope the folks at Hyundai go easy on the pricing.
Old 8th April 2021, 13:01   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Wonder why Hyundai decided to keep the Creta face. With different wheelbase and different engines, this is an all new car.
Maybe they wanted to do a Tata or MG like how Harrier and Safari or Hector and Hector Plus have similar face and can be easily recognised as cousin vehicles from the same brand. So, likewise Creta and Alcazar can be seen like close cousins. Just my thoughts...
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 13:15   #297
BHPian

Hyundai needs to price it competitively and they've a segment leader on their hands. From Marazzo to Crysta, Safari, this Alcazar will give tough competition to all the cars in this segment. Hyundai's first attempt at MPV and sure they've come prepared. Hope they don't follow Toyota's way of greedy pricing.
Old 8th April 2021, 13:19   #298
BANNED

Looking at the pics, I must agree that this product is indeed less polarizing than the Creta. Just put another grille, and it's indeed an entirely different car itself - as suggested by @Padmrajravi.

For the first time I am saying this, really for the first time"
"Finally someone, who may snatch some sales from even the Crysta"

If priced well, this is not going to spare anything right from compact SUVs which are priced around 15 lac to even the likes of Crysta etc. The customers who have excess of budget, they may upgrade their plan. Then value conscious customers may come down from the likes of Safari, Crysta etc for this. Even if Hyundai prices it in a very aggressive manner in beginning, they may get the volumes high enough to compensate the thinning up of margins too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
1. RWD Crysta I feel will drive and ride better than a FWD Creta+ / Alcazar?
Being very true, you can't even tell the difference until you are climbing a steep and slippery slope with 7 people on board. But Crysta will offer you more long distance comfort any day, especially when the vehicle is loaded with pax.

Quote:
2. What are the dates for the release of Alcazar ? Booking start dates etc ?
Nice question. God knows the answer!

Quote:
3. Safety ratings expected ?
It's Hyundai, I doubt if they will be good enough with this one too. They are greedy, and they cut the cost when you can't see, but you can feel - in a crash. Your call now.

Quote:
4. Love the wheelbase and design options speculated so far. My choice will be 2 NA Petrol AT Top end.
5. Price expectations ?
Most probably, the 2.0 NA petrol will cost you slightly over the 2.7 GX Crysta. Now you have to decide between a more comfortable, more powerful with bigger motor, and more expensive MPV, vs a toy loaded stretch compact UV. Both have very different set of pros and cons, which I will find hard to put all in a single post. Innova is going to be more comfortable and reliable for sure is what I can assure. This one will give more features to keep you entertained. If safety is among serious concerns, then look at Innova only is what I would suggest.

Hyundai and Toyota, both are equally greedy. One increases the prices, one cuts the corners where they are hidden - you choose.

Last edited by VKumar : 8th April 2021 at 13:23.
VKumar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 13:24   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

So this thing looks good, if they price this properly it will be THE most desirable 7 seat crossover in the market.

7 seats, fuel efficient, wide service network, compact yet has a bigger boot with all seats up, what not to like?!
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 13:30   #300
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
If the 1.5 diesel has been tuned for better low end response in the Alcazar, then it may do a "decent" job of pulling a 7 pax load during hill driving. In the Creta, the same engine in "comfort" mode is strictly adequate on hills and needs to be slotted to S mode for a sharper response on certain steep gradients. On the highways, again, the engine is linear, smooth in its build up , although it can be somewhat aggressive when put in S mode. But don't expect mind blowing performance. The best part is its fuel efficiency . Between 80-90 kph, it delivers excellent numbers in the 22-24 kmpl range with 2 pax.(I have occasionally experienced slightly more as well !).
To sum up, I am sure that even with a full load of 7 pax, the engine will deliver at least 18-20 kmpl on highways.
When you say "If the 1.5 diesel has been tuned for better low end response in the Alcazar, then it may do a "decent" job of pulling a 7 pax load during hill driving." - what torque should it be, 250NM as quoted in 1.5L diesel- is that fall into the better low end response?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed