Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 21:27   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Hyundai Alcazar launch postponed to late May 2021.

Quote:
Hyundai SUV will now be announced by late May 2021. The SUV was originally slated to be launched on April 29, 2021. This move has been made in light of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases across India.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 11:40   #347
BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like Hyundai is counting on a lot many first-generation Creta owners to be interested in the Alcazar.
Just wondering how many first gen Creta owners will be happy to get another Ex(tended) Creta (pun intended) by paying another 10-15L on top of their cars existing resale value.
  • For someone, who is looking at the premium 7 Seater Captain Seats segment will go ahead with the Innova which also offers a reliable and punchy 2.4L diesel engine which the Alcazar lacks. No car has been able to beat the Innova so far and don't think it's going to change.
  • For someone, looking to upgrade and get a more premium feel than the first gen Creta is still going to sadly move out of Hyundai and potentially look at the Germans or Jeep.

I think the Alcazar will only be able to cut volumes from the current MG Hector sales and also few Ertiga/XL6/Marazzo customers who want a petrol and little more punch than the average 1.5L motors.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 20:57   #348
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Any updates on Alcazar. it supposes to be released by last week of April, but due to pandemic lockdown, it's been postponed and heard, it will be launched by end of May 2021. but no official announcement so far.
I have had an unofficial booking and contemplating between Tata Safari and Hyundai Alcazar. wanted to check Alcazar in person before deciding on new 7 seater.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 20th May 2021 at 21:02.
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 17:26   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar launch and price announcement pushed to June 2021

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-smartselect_20210521172535_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Its launch, earlier slated for May 2021, has been pushed forward by a month, due to the ongoing COVID-19 related lockdown restrictions in most Indian states.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st May 2021 at 17:29.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 14:44   #350
BHPian

Any guess on the launch prices.

I predict, 11.99 -18.99 Ex- Showroom for petrol and 12.99 to 19.99 Ex- Showroom for diesel. I know the figures are a little too optimistic but wandering above 20 lakhs in Ex- showroom, for the top models, people might prefer the already established Crysta or Carnival. I guess Hyundai will be targeting the Hector Plus, XUV500/700 and Safari with Alcazar.

My guess is based on the assumption that it will have the same engines as that of Creta and may be the 2 litre petrol for top model. I'm not at all convinced they will put a 2 litre petrol on a seven seater gas guzzler as we Indians are so much obsessed with FE figures. If they bring a 2 litre diesel, then it will be another story but that means pricing will be over 20 big ones.

This will be a nice upgrade for people wanting a more spacious Creta (read boot space) with occasional 7 seat capability.

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 24th May 2021 at 14:48.
Old 24th May 2021, 15:44   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Any guess on the launch prices.

I predict, 11.99 -18.99 Ex- Showroom for petrol and 12.99 to 19.99 Ex- Showroom for diesel. I know the figures are a little too optimistic but wandering above 20 lakhs in Ex- showroom, for the top models, people might prefer the already established Crysta or Carnival. I guess Hyundai will be targeting the Hector Plus, XUV500/700 and Safari with Alcazar.

My guess is based on the assumption that it will have the same engines as that of Creta and may be the 2 litre petrol for top model. I'm not at all convinced they will put a 2 litre petrol on a seven seater gas guzzler as we Indians are so much obsessed with FE figures. If they bring a 2 litre diesel, then it will be another story but that means pricing will be over 20 big ones.

This will be a nice upgrade for people wanting a more spacious Creta (read boot space) with occasional 7 seat capability.
I would be surprised if there was such a big gap between the Petrol and the diesel, specially considering that it is the 2L Petrol in Elantra and Tucson. I would estimate the top end automatic Diesel and Petrol to be priced similarly - anywhere between 18.99 and 20.99 based on how aggressive they want to go.
Old 27th May 2021, 13:23   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
I guess Hyundai will be targeting the Hector Plus, XUV500/700 and Safari with Alcazar.
I'm not at all convinced they will put a 2 litre petrol on a seven seater gas guzzler as we Indians are so much obsessed with FE figures. If they bring a 2 litre diesel, then it will be another story but that means pricing will be over 20 big ones.
I guess the petrol option is positioned for the NCR region where diesels are less preferred. If the 2+ liter petrol Innova is doing good numbers here, the 2 liter petrol should be adequate for the extended Creta. Hyundai might have done the market research to plan the petrol variant and engine size. Also, the 2.0 petrol from Elantra/Tucson could be the Atkinson cycle variant which can give better efficiency and performance on demand?

Putting the 2.0 diesel engine (150+ BHP? 400Nm) in lighter Creta body with not so good braking could be disastrous. Also, it will cannibalize Tucson sales (although it sells in small numbers).

The following are the 6/7 seater options, between 10 - 20 Lakhs ex-showroom (Please add if I missed any):

1. Suzuki XL6 (petrol only, light build, half baked SHVS system?)
2. Hyundai Alcazar (trims/price/engine options not confirmed yet)
3. MG Hector+
4. XUV 5OO (Too old, new gen launch soon - but will it become a 5 seater?)
5. Tata Safari
6. Innova Crysta (few basic variants falling inside the price bracket)

Out of all currently available options, the Safari seems to offer best value.

Things could have been spicier in the segment if the Renault Duster 6/7 seater was made available.
Old 31st May 2021, 10:11   #353
BHPian

Hyundai released a new teaser:
udaikalra01 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 13:59   #354
BANNED

More details about Alcazar:
  • Hyundai says acceleration from 0 - 100 kmph is under 10secs for the petrol MT variant.
  • The third generation 2-litre Nu petrol engine churns out 159PS of power.
  • According to Hyundai, Alcazar’s ‘superstructure’ is built using 75.6% Advanced and High-Strength Steel (AHSS & HSS) while the Creta uses 74.3%. Hyundai has spent 3 lakh executive man-hours on perfecting the SUV.
  • Alcazar on launch is expected to be priced between Rs 12.5 lakh and 20 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Quote:
SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India, said, “With a deep-rooted understanding of our customer’s aspirations, our R&D Centre has invested countless man-hours to ensure every aspect of Hyundai Alcazar exudes magnificence. And combined with our premium and superior manufacturing capabilities and rich heritage of ‘Make in India’, we have crafted the perfect masterpiece of grandeur.”

“Hyundai Alcazar is well set to enter a new segment, marking Hyundai’s genesis into uncharted territories. With bold new moves, we are on a conquest of redefining benchmarks to exceed the aspirations of our customers” Kim added.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 17:40   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
I would be surprised if there was such a big gap between the Petrol and the diesel, specially considering that it is the 2L Petrol in Elantra and Tucson. I would estimate the top end automatic Diesel and Petrol to be priced similarly - anywhere between 18.99 and 20.99 based on how aggressive they want to go.
I believe Alcazar is going to have the same petrol(2.0 L) and diesel(1.5 L) engine options available in Elantra. In case of Elantra, there is a price difference of one lakh between equivalent variants of petrol and diesel. We can expect same price gap in Alcazar as well.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 17:53   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
  • According to Hyundai, Alcazar’s ‘superstructure’ is built using 75.6% Advanced and High-Strength Steel (AHSS & HSS) while the Creta uses 74.3%. Hyundai has spent 3 lakh executive man-hours on perfecting the SUV.
Source
1.3% more HSS for a car which is 10 - 20% bigger than Creta? Considering Creta itself is a 3 star GNCAP car, what could be the possible reduction in Alcazar's GNACP rating?

---

OT: That is a pretty good intro/teaser, reminds me of Venue's introduction video.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 21:33   #357
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
1.3% more HSS for a car which is 10 - 20% bigger than Creta? Considering Creta itself is a 3 star GNCAP car, what could be the possible reduction in Alcazar's GNACP rating?
Creta has not been crash tested by GNCAP yet. In case you're assuming that Seltos and Creta are built on the same platform and have the same chassis construction with only external differences, perhaps this (Kia Seltos body structure facts & comparison with the Hyundai Creta) post might interest you.
rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 21:57   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

So Alcazar is going head to head with tata twins, this will be an interesting battle. Where in Alcazar looks medicore from outside in comparison to tata twins, the role reverses from inside (my comment is based on usual fit and finish of Hyundai cars). So if you want a butch looking SUV with a decent diesel engine and ok to compromise with mediocre interiors it will be safari, and if you want better interiors and more features it will be alcazar.

Tough call to make, but I see the balance tilting in Alcazar favor. If it comes to a toss up between two I might personally end up picking Alcazar in petrol, the six seater version. In the end majority of your time is spent inside the car and not looking at it from outside.

Last edited by AtheK : 31st May 2021 at 21:59.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 22:07   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Creta has not been crash tested by GNCAP yet. In case you're assuming that Seltos and Creta are built on the same platform and have the same chassis construction with only external differences, perhaps this (Kia Seltos body structure facts & comparison with the Hyundai Creta) post might interest you.
I've been through the comparison post. But I don't see anything which would increase the structural strength in Creta. So my best possible guess is around 3 star rating. On that assumption, I asked the question. Even if we consider Creta to be 5 star one, will this additional structure will affect rating of the essentially same car?

Also GNCAP does only frontal offset test, so, there might not be any much difference Creta's and Alcazar's rating. But I'm no expert in this field, so it would be nice if someone with this knowledge can pitch in.

It would be really helpful to know if this additional seats will decrease/increase ratings. (I guess similar to Harrier and Safari, again untested).
Old 1st June 2021, 01:15   #360
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
I've been through the comparison post. But I don't see anything which would increase the structural strength in Creta. So my best possible guess is around 3 star rating. On that assumption, I asked the question. Even if we consider Creta to be 5 star one, will this additional structure will affect rating of the essentially same car?...........

It would be really helpful to know if this additional seats will decrease/increase ratings. (I guess similar to Harrier and Safari, again untested).
Perhaps this (Are Indian Hyundais different from developed market Hyundais? If so, how?) post might help further.

Yes, the additional seats may affect the score, especially when changes are made to the chassis to accommodate them. The Safari weighs in about 100 Kilos (a very rough estimate) more than the regular Harrier, and the energy associated with the momentum generated by this additional mass may need additional reinforcements to achieve results similar to the 5-seater variant. Whether additional reinforcements are needed, or the 5 seater variant is already sufficiently reinforced, is something that only the manufacturers and their crash testing division would know.

In case the reinforcements remain unchanged between the 5-seater and 7-seater variants, I think that the 7-seater faring worse than the 5-seater is a more likely outcome, though that may not necessarily be the case always.

I'm no expert in the subject either, so please take this explanation with a tablespoon of salt.

Last edited by rpm : 1st June 2021 at 01:43.
rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks