Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:36   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Some specs. leaked of the Alcazar!

Hyundai Alcazar will be offered in 6 variants of Signature, Signature (O), Prestige, Prestige (O), Platinum and Platinum (O) – In 6 and 7 seater option

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-newhyundaialcazarvariantsprestigesignatureplatinum768x415.jpg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-hyundaialcazarcoloursinteriorexterior.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:52   #362
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
Hyundai released a new teaser:
If Hyundai wants us to believe that the Santa Fe, Kona, Creta and Venue drifted across to create that neatly stenciled (ok, digitally created) 'Alcazar' on the ground, then I am sorry they have failed miserably

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-alcazar.jpg

Last edited by aravind.anand : 2nd June 2021 at 08:56.
aravind.anand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 09:44   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Typical Hyundai style manual is not being offered in the top-spec trim and autos only have a 6 seater option other than the 1.5L Prestige(O). I really want to know who makes such variants!

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-33f25352e0614dada067cc87fdc89b3a.jpeg

A small peek at the cognac brown interior colour.

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-6f3acee26a10411b97d1aeb08766b60a.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 2nd June 2021 at 10:07.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:18   #364
BHPian

Same old Hyundai, If I want to buy a top end Platinum(O) in 7S Petrol 2.0 AT then the option does not exist. Why force it with 6S option?

Let customers choose what variant they want not force them Hyundai. I am sure it will come after a while though.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd June 2021 at 14:20. Reason: Typos.
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:47   #365
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully, this is an incorrect leak and there is a 7 seater top-end automatic available. I can understand the absence of a manual in the top end. But can't find any reason to justify the absence of bench seats in the top end.

The lack of that seven-seater top-end automatic is the only reason that prevents me from booking the Crysta ZX AT. If Alcazar is also going the same way, then I guess the only option is to save up for Fortuner.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:57   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
Hyundai released a new teaser:
This is a pretty impressive teaser. Waiting to see how the ALCAZAR looks in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
If Hyundai wants us to believe that the Santa Fe, Kona, Creta and Venue drifted across to create that neatly stenciled (ok, digitally created) 'Alcazar' on the ground, then I am sorry they have failed miserably
It is the Tucson and not the Santa Fe, BTW.
Mechanto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:01   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I can understand the absence of a manual in the top end. But can't find any reason to justify the absence of bench seats in the top end.
It is incomprehensible for me as to why companies like Kia, Skoda, Volkswagen and Hyundai have to shove down the AT down a customer's throat. If a customer wants all the bells and whistles but is not much fond of the AT transmissions, I don't get why an AT is forced on the top end variants of the vehicles.

Why is it so difficult to have a choice of transmissions irrespective of the variant one chooses. I cannot fathom any reason for it, except to squeeze out more revenue from the top end variant by throwing an automatic into it. As is the case for a 6/7 seater option that should be exercised by the customer, the same should apply to atleast the transmission part of a vehicle because it is highly dependent on a person's driving preference and should not be in any way forced upon the consumer.
Moto_Bear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:11   #368
BHPian

There is only one automatic variant with a 7 seater option. It's most likely that the last row of seats will be compact and practically used by the kids only. Automatic transmission should be the preferred choice in this segment, meaning most of the automatic variants except the mid-variant diesel will be a 4 seater only (leaving out the last row). This seems unusual since Hyundai is know to pamper/confuse consumers with choices. Am I missing something here?
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:18   #369

I guess we are all reading the variants in reverse order. It will be (Base)Platinum --> Prestige --> Signature(Top)

Platinum --> Base model with only 7S - Manual
Signature --> Top model will be available only with captain seats. 6S for both manual and Auto.

The different between the normal and optional variants in each category will only be transmission manual and auto respectively.

Since there are only 3 variants each for manual and Auto, it is interesting to see the pricing.
Old 2nd June 2021, 13:00   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I can understand the absence of a manual in the top end. But can't find any reason to justify the absence of bench seats in the top end.
At launch its good to give the captain seat variant to all the youtubers and reviewers, so they get to write amazing things about it while the reality once a bench seat is released can be quite the opposite.
Old 2nd June 2021, 15:50   #371
BHPian

I wished they had the 7 seater option available in all the variants, the Alcazar may not be a very good 7 seater at all but many will like to use it as a 5 seater with an exceptionally large boot and practicality of folding all the rows flat. I think the center armrest is fixed which means the latter will not be possible. Hyundai being Hyundai will sell this in high numbers and I just wished that all the variant names would have been similar to all the other Hyundai's. Now that I really think of it Hyundai has 4 different naming schemes for their variants :

Era/Magna/Sportz/Asta in the lower end models like the i10 and i20
E/S/SX/SX+/SX(O) in the Venue, Verna and Creta
Signature/Prestige/Platinum in the Alcazar
GL/GLS in the Tucson

And over this we have another dimension of KIA naming its variants as :

HTE/HTK/HTX/GTX for the Seltos and Sonet
Premium/Prestige/Limousine for the Carnival

Even a car nerd like me has troubles differentiating between all of these variants with all their plusses and (O)'s added to the mix in between. I pity the salesperson and the buyer as well who will be pushed to get that + variant just for features like a parcel shelf.
Mango is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:35   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Nar View Post
I guess we are all reading the variants in reverse order. It will be (Base) Platinum --> Prestige --> Signature (Top)
I doubt that is the case. The (O) sub variant sits above the regular variant. With that in mind we need to read from top of the table to bottom.
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 19:13   #373
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
A small peek at the cognac brown interior colour.
I feel this design is heavily inspired from the current generation Ford Endeavour.

The tail light design, way 'A-L-C-A-Z-A-R' is written on the boot scream that they have been inspired by the Endeavour.
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-6f3acee26a10411b97d1aeb08766b60a.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 19:29   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
I doubt that is the case. The (O) sub variant sits above the regular variant. With that in mind we need to read from top of the table to bottom.
This analogy comes from fact that usually captain seats would be reserved for the top trims in the auto industry. Here is the re-arranged order from base to top along with estimated Ex-showroom price.

I might be wrong here, experts can pitch in more data.
Attached Thumbnails
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-alcazar-variants-pricing.png  

Auto_Nar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 23:00   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Nar View Post
This analogy comes from fact that usually captain seats would be reserved for the top trims in the auto industry. Here is the re-arranged order from base to top along with estimated Ex-showroom price.

I might be wrong here, experts can pitch in more data.
I dont think ex-showroom prices will be so low, e.g. ex-showroom price of Creta 1.5 diesel SX AT is 1,644,900 as of today. I think Hyundai will price it ~1L to 1.5L more than Creta. These are just my views.
arvishnu is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks