Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2021, 04:56   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
All said and done, I felt it is a good choice to make. This will be my first AT car. My first 6 seater vehicle. First >90 bhp. First with sunroof. First with ventilated seats. And many other firsts.
This is a bit OT: but since you mentioned it, would suggest that you take baby steps towards handling the car since you are moving from a sub90 bhp to a 150+ bhp 2000cc vehicle that is about 2 classes above in terms of power/ performance and is pretty hefty at 1400 kg odd.
1)The most important one is to carefully calibrate your accelerator inputs.
2)Never use the left foot at all for any reason.
3) Also don’t stomp on the brake pedal . This is a dual- disc brake car and can have a sharper than usual response.
4) Don’t get distracted by the infotainment system and other features while driving until you get a handle on the car.
Be careful and make modest expectations of your own capability for a month or so. Wish you many happy and memorable miles!
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 08:21   #722
BANNED

Re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Another severe shortcoming of the Ertiga/XL6 twins is super poor sound insulation. You hear everything inside and once you get to highway speeds the road/wind noise is excessive. Maruti is cleverly cutting costs in places which are not visible to the eye.
I can't comment on the Ertiga, but I own a Dec 2020 manufactured XL6.

The compliment I have received most frequently from my friends and family who have been in the XL6 with me on drives is that they felt that the vehicle was very silent.

My wife and I feel the same. For comparison, the other cars which I have driven extensively are Ford Fiesta petrol, VW Polo petrol and Innova diesel. And XL6 is way more refined than all three.

I wonder if Maruti upgraded the NVH of XL6, because I read at various places the complaint about outside noises percolating through into the cabin. But that's not been my experience at all.
PYSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:00   #723
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar first drive reviews

Mod Note: Our Hyundai Alcazar Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 25th June 2021 at 11:16. Reason: Adding review link
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed