Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:47   #46
BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Hyundai A-L-C-A-Z-A-R has a nice ring to it - I like the name though it sounds a bit out of place for the Indian market.

This T-BHP news and the car name was discussed during a casual office call today. Sounded funny when colleagues tried to pronounce it. Indians will need time to get used to it I guess.

The name will sound good when a Big B, Amrish Puri or Raza Murad says it.
JojyKerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 22:13   #47
Team-BHP Support

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

No Tintin fans here? This is General Alcazar:

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-tumblr_51545eee1fea2be77c0396c62c968598_293eb46c_640.jpg

https://tintin.fandom.com/wiki/General_Alcazar

From wiki: An alcázar is a type of Moorish castle or palace in Spain and Portugal

Last edited by SmartCat : 22nd June 2020 at 22:24.
SmartCat is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
A name as ugly as the looks of new Hyundai Creta, IMO. Suits the car to the T.

Where are the days when cars are named with attractive, powerful and long-lasting names like Safari, Esteem and Zen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
Hyundai A-L-C-A-Z-A-R has a nice ring to it - I like the name though it sounds a bit out of place for the Indian market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
No Tintin fans here? This is General Alcazar:
An alcázar is a type of Moorish castle or palace in Spain and Portuga
Reminded me immediately of 'Alcatraz' Island
I agree with romeomidhun. Car names of today sound fancy with little to no meaning and zero relatability for the Indian market.
But I'd prefer names over those lame alpha-numeric codes any day - i10, i20, kuv100, xuv300/500, MB-GLC, GLE, A1-9 (really?) etc.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 15:17   #49
BHPian

For some reason, I am not finding it possible to digest this name. Unlike 'Harrier', 'Gravitas' and the rest of the pack, Alcazar seems to be a name more suited to a General/King (I got reminded of Tintin) than a car. I have a feeling that they got inspired by 'Hector' and decided to give a similar name to the 7-seater version of the Creta
Old 26th June 2020, 13:32   #50
BHPian

7 Seater Creta to get a new name

Source: Autocar India here

The Hyundai Creta went on sale in India earlier this year, and like the original from 2015, the SUV is available in a 5-seat configuration. However, as is known, the Creta family will expand with the arrival of a new 7-seat derivative next year. We’ve now learned that the new model will not be badged the ‘Creta’ but will get a unique moniker. The decision to opt for a different name could be to help provide distinction to the 7-seat model which will be positioned above the standard 5-seat Creta. Hyundai has used prefixes and suffixes in its naming system before, such as with the i10, Grand i10 and Grand i10 Nios, but this will not be done for the new Creta derivative.

Unique styling for the Creta 7-seater
The name and three-row seating won’t be the only points of distinction for the new Creta derivative. The model has been snapped testing abroad and spy pics suggest it will get styling tweaks at the front along with more comprehensive changes at the rear. The redone grille will sport chrome studs similar to what we’ve seen on some Mercedes-Benz models while a closer look at bumper reveals the inclusion of front parking sensors.

From the side, the 7-seat Creta will differentiate itself with its rear quarter glass, which is placed amid the slimmer C-pillar. This version of the SUV will also feature a flatter roof at the back, in order to facilitate more room for its third-row passengers. A completely new tailgate design, replete with larger and simpler tail-lamp units, is expected to give the Creta 7-seater a unique identity.

India launch likely in 2021
The Creta 7-seater is reportedly being readied for a global launch in 2021. Given the interest in the Creta and three-row SUVs in our market, it is safe to expect India to be among the very first markets to receive the model. A late 2021 India launch seems most likely.

Buyers keen on a three-row midsize SUV will have plenty of new options to choose from over the coming year. The MG Hector Plus goes on sale next month, Tata will be out with the Gravitas later this year while the all-new Mahindra XUV500 is also scheduled for launch in 2021. Jeep is also developing its Compass-based 7-seater.

C R E T A -> 5 letters for 5 seater

EXCRETA (EXtended Creta ) -> 7 letters for 7 seater. Naming a car is easy-peasy.
Avinash_R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 08:02   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted in Korea and launch expected in 2021.

Quote:
What will actually change is the back. The rear swing, distance between the axle and the end of the body, will be much larger to make room for the third row. The straighter ceiling fall will also favor the accommodation of the head of those who go back there.

These won't be the only changes. Another great retouch will be done on the taillights — on fillets on ix25. The car will adopt boomerang-style lanterns, just like in Santa Fe
Quote:
As for the rear passengers, the wheelbase of 2.61 meters (2 centimeters more than before) should provide good leg span.

In relation to engines, the basic model should keep the 1.6 of 130 hp and 16.5 kgfm at 4,500 rpm and will also have as option the 1.0 turbo of 120 hp and 17.5 kgfm at 1,500 rpm. The higher torque of the three turbo engine will be ideal for the seven-seater, heavy for the aspirated propellant.
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-ae_5.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 08:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Spotted in Korea and launch expected in 2021.
Hyundai should use this opportunity to bring the 1.6L T-GDi motor into India, otherwise the 1.4L T-GDi would just make the cut for the bigger car. The 1.0L is too small for the 7 seater Creta!
Old 24th October 2020, 11:02   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta 7-seater SUV India Launch Likely By H2 2021.

Quote:
- Hyundai Creta 7-seater is an elongated version of the 5-seater model on sale in India.

- The polarising rear end of the 5-seater SUV will be redesigned.

-It could be called the Hyundai Alcazar.

- The 7-seater Hyundai Creta is likely to be offered with the 115PS 1.5-litre diesel and 140PS 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engines.

-Expect it to command a Rs 1 lakh premium over the 5-seater Creta.
Crete should not be far from the current version, and may appear with something between 4.50 m and 4.60 m long. The wheelbase may have been increased from 5 cm to 10 cm.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th October 2020 at 11:09.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 19:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
No Tintin fans here?
Will Kia bring a 7-seater Seltos called Kia Tapioca, to compete with this one?

It will be a fun contest between General Alcazar and General Tapioca just like in Tintin.

Last edited by Vibhav-Van : 26th October 2020 at 19:48.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 20:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10
Oh my lord, If that were the only car option available, I'd take the bus. In the middle of winter. Post midnight. Every single time.

On a more serious note, this launch will help keep Tata, Mahindra, MG and Jeep honest. More power to the buyers. The 7 seater segment needs some push, this car will provide it.
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 22:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

That spyshot reminds me of the Baleno station wagon. I just drove past one two days ago.
Attached Thumbnails
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-images-34.jpeg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:28   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Creta 7-seater SUV India Launch Likely By H2 2021.
For now I feel Hyundai will be smarter than doing this. One of the top reasons for the Creta/Seltos' success is their PERFECT dimensions. They are just right sized for urban/semi-urban usage. Not too large yet "SUV enough" in looks. Any larger and this USP will be lost. Indian market has I think (correctly) moved on from the craze of 7-8-9-10 seater cars for private ownerships (thank god). For now - I think a 7 seater Creta won't get the same run-away success that the 5 seat variant enjoys. Might be better for Hyundai to not launch it here at all.

Some of the spy-shots remind me of the ill-fated Force ONE.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th October 2020 at 12:39.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 12:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
Will Kia bring a 7-seater Seltos called Kia Tapioca, to compete with this one?

It will be a fun contest between General Alcazar and General Tapioca just like in Tintin.
Well, Kia already has the "Carnival". What Hyundai needs are some Picaros in the design studio who have been given vitamins.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:57   #59
BHPian

The current state of 7 seaters in the Indian market is sparse. The 10-15 lakh bracket is somehow dominated by Mahindra alone. While Ertiga doesn't have the road presence, Marazzo doesn't have the finesse. Toyota Innova has grown too expensive.

It would be a good addition to the Indian Car Scene if Hyundai decides to bring the 7 seater variant of Creta to India. It would fulfil a solid requirement in the market for family 7-seaters.
Old 3rd December 2020, 14:36   #60
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, Hyundai India should simply do a Ramon Zarate with this Alcazar!!! {For non-Tintin fans, this means fleeing one's country and living in exile under a different identity.}

This vehicle is simply a reflection of Hyundai's laziness. They were said to develop a three row MPV based on the Hexaspace concept that was showcased earlier. It was expected to share some of its underpinnings with the Creta, yet feature a different "top hat".

It looks like they have abandoned that project and are taking the easy way out by turning the Creta into a seven-seater.

The Creta may look wierd in pictures, but it looks classy in the flesh (except the stupid rear) and it is perfectly proportioned. By turning it into a seven-seater, they're not only spoiling its proportions, but also making life difficult for the third row passengers.

There is no way a 3 row Creta is going to be a comfortable place for those in the 3rd row - neither in terms of space & comfort nor in terms of ease of ingress/egress.

A Hexaspace based MPV built on a modified Creta platform and sharing the Creta's powertrain options is what Hyundai should be working on, instead of "doing a Mahindra" on the Creta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks