Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 12:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

I dont believe the 1.5 diesel engine has the grunt to take 7 pax plus luggage and drive with any sense of 'relaxed' available power . It might be priced higher than the Creta equivalent trims. For that kind of money, I'd go for the Safari.
fhdowntheline is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:15   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

The central armrest in the 6 seater just doesn’t make sense! You can’t rest your hand on it with the seat all the back (unless it moves as well) and getting in from the middle like in other captain seat equipped cars will not be possible.

Safari with 170bhp looks like a better option considering this will only get a diesel 1.5L 115bhp engine, petrol turbo for 7 seaters will be in less demand as compared to the diesel.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 24th February 2021 at 12:17.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
For that kind of money, I'd go for the Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

Safari with 170bhp looks like a better option considering this will only get a diesel 1.5L 115bhp engine, petrol turbo for 7 seaters will be in less demand as compared to the diesel.
The issue is the general perception of Tata is not good enough to plonk that kind of money and also their products are not as niggle free and reliable as Hyundai.

Additionally, the Aam Junta wants all those blingy features which Hyundai would provide and even though Tata has covered most bases there are still some misses such as no LED headlamps, ventilated seats, lesser voice command activated features, air purifier etc.

Creta being an established product and the Herd Mentality people have in India I see Hyundai having a winner at hands.

If the trade off for power comes with greater efficiency most people will choose the latter so I can see that Hyundai salesman picthing it as Sir it provides 20 KM/L in the city while Safari gives only 10 KM/L Sir also with so much traffic where will you be able to use the power Sir and the deal closes.

Last edited by sv97 : 24th February 2021 at 12:34.
sv97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:36   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
The issue is the general perception of Tata is not good enough to plonk that kind of money and also their products are not as niggle free and reliable as Hyundai.

Creta being an established product and the Herd Mentality people have in India I see Hyundai having a winner at hands.
Somewhat agree that the Creta is already established but Hyundai has never succeeded in the 7 seater segment! Tata Harriers are selling in decent numbers at ~₹25 Lakh, Safari will bring in more numbers.

For the Alcazar to succeed Hyundai has to price the car below the Safari, otherwise a 115bhp 7 seater is a big no-no to me.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Somewhat agree that the Creta is already established but Hyundai has never succeeded in the 7 seater segment! Tata Harriers are selling in decent numbers at ~₹25 Lakh, Safari will bring in more numbers.

For the Alcazar to succeed Hyundai has to price the car below the Safari, otherwise a 115bhp 7 seater is a big no-no to me.
I think they would be able to to do that since the price gap between the Safari and Creta top variants is around 4 lacs and also there is no comparison as Safari is a segment or two higher than the Creta.

I expect this to be priced at a premium of 80K-1Lac over the Creta so the pricing would be much lower than the Harrier-Safari twins.
Old 24th February 2021, 12:44   #96
BHPian

That Arm-rest design and execution is quite strange. In a quick glance it seems like they have just slapped on some aftermarket one and doesn't flow with the design at all. Instead of using it as a real arm-rest , it can be used as a storage for rear passengers.
Overall it does look like a compacted Palisade . Seems like 7 seater SUV space is becoming very competitive
Adam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:44   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Confirmed : Alcazar is the name for Hyundai's upcoming three-row SUV. Based on a stretched Creta platform, the Alcazar will make its global debut soon.
The name reminds me of 'Alcatraz' as in the famous Alcatraz islands.

This segment is getting really crowded. What next a 7 seater Seltos ? The next gen XUV 500 is also on the horizon. It is raining SUV's !
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:58   #98
BHPian

Quote:
How about thinking on this from a different angle? - From the monthly sales figures, we also know that people don't think Hyundai is not good enough to plonk on anything north to 20L (to be precise 22L - we don't know how much the higher variants of Creta are being sold). But Tata does lead that segment compared to Hyundai. So Hyundai has to prove here by introducing a good selling model north of this range. They might do it - but just stating facts.

Quote:
If the trade off for power comes with greater efficiency most people will choose the latter so I can see that Hyundai salesman picthing it as Sir it provides 20 KM/L in the city while Safari gives only 10 KM/L Sir also with so much traffic where will you be able to use the power Sir and the deal closes.
I think people who are ready to spend >20L will be more worried about the engine power and as you pointed out about the bells and whistles. FE may not be much of a USP here at all.
vinodvayyat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 13:07   #99
BHPian

Will they be using the same diesel engine as the Creta, that would be woefully under powered. Let's hope they offer it in a higher state of tune.
Old 24th February 2021, 14:38   #100
BHPian

Wow , what a coincidence that some of the interior pictures leak just after the new safari is launched and that too through auto car.
I agree with what many bhpians have said above that it should probably have a higher state of tune to further make it worth the premium they will charge over the creta.
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:51   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Interior pics of the 7 seater from Hyundai:

Attachment 2125263

Attachment 2125266

Link
Why do I get a feel, the centre armrest is unique & premium just like the one showcased in the IONIQ 5

If it can move front & back, I guess this one's going to hit it well with the public here. Also the seats look & feel premium ( wishing for rear ventilated seats , yet another innovative & unique feature for our Hot & Humid Market )

I least doubt the Koreans & their innovation

Talking about powertrain - Its the Petrol Era, I hope they plonk in a powerful Petrol Engine
Attached Thumbnails
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-101080.eeba5cc3.jpg  

Last edited by FIAT3031 : 24th February 2021 at 15:52. Reason: include more points
FIAT3031 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:56   #102
BHPian

Alcazar you say? First place my mind went is to General Alcazar of Hergé's Adventures of Tintin, having grown up reading and watching both the comics and the animated series.

General Alcazar:
Name:  images 2.png
Views: 6122
Size:  27.5 KB

Back to the Hyundai, I think this is going to be another success for them, no doubt. The kind of numbers the new Creta has done for them despite its..let's be kind and call it "controversial" looks, I have complete confidence in this 7-seat version of it.

The center console slapped in between the captain's chairs looks awful. Individual, wide armrests are unbeatable.

I too have previously brought up my qualms about the 1.5L, 115 PS/250 Nm Diesel being underpowered for the size and weight increase over the Creta. A well tuned AT can solve that to an extent but no way it'll be anywhere close to "fun". Hyundai's other option is to use the Tuscon's 2.0L, 182 PS/400 Nm Diesel and position it as a truly premium alternative in the "next" segment. That could work, looking at the price trends of the new Safari and upcoming XUV5OO if and only if people are able to see it as a new product, not a "Creta+".
Singh101 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:49   #103
BHPian

Given the size of the Creta and a high possibility that Hyundai is going to pull off a "VW Ameo" on the Indian customer, I doubt if this will even compete with the Safari/XUV500. At best against the Marazzo/Ertiga. I can't imagine a vehicle based off a hatchback platform to have enough third row headroom/leg space to compete with the big boys. And the Koreans have no concept of butch products. So forget it rivaling a Safari/XUV or Compass.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 23:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

With slight premium over creta, this will do well. I don't expect this to weigh anything over 100kg heavier than the Creta, so performance won't be bad unless it's loaded with all 7 passengers and their luggage.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 08:58   #105
BHPian

The middle row seat design is giving hint at ventilated seats. So, it won't be wrong to say that it might get 4 ventilated seats in the top trim.

With respect to pricing, I'm more interested in seeing the pricing of base trim rather that the top end.

Safari starts at 14.7 for XE while Harrier starts at 13.99 for XE trim.

On the other hand, Creta base starts at 10.30(diesel E variant as that is of relevance with this body size), so, I believe it would be safe to assume an Alcazar base model price of below 12 lac, perhaps could be even 11.49 lac if Hyundai doesn't get greedy.

Interesting times ahead in MUV segment, Alcazar seems to be having direct competition with Mahindra Marrazzo(excellent MUV), Tata Safari, upcoming Mahindra XUV500 & Scorpio twins, MG Hector Plus and with G variant of Toyota Innova.

Last edited by sarav100 : 25th February 2021 at 08:59. Reason: Spelling correction
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks