Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 09:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021

They could have bettered the DRL's I mean the current design is just lackluster. Perhaps make the parking lights DRL's and eliminate the weird bar above the fog lamps.

If the 1.6 does come I hope its entry comes with the kit in SPORTS "Non-PLUS" price could be checked that ways.

Last edited by ajaiD : 5th June 2020 at 09:59.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 11:14   #32
BHPian

Okay, where is the facelift? I legit refreshed my page just to be sure that these were the correct images. There were these spied shots on the official review thread that shows an updated interior and steering wheel. What happened to that?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-jeep-compass-spied-shot.jpg  

omranga98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 12:07   #33
BHPian

Blink and you miss it.

The alloy design is great. I really liked that.
The touch screen system; in today's day and age does it make sense to have such a thick bezel around the screen? Makes it look bulky. Should have a much more seamless look.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 12:19   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I wasn't expecting anything from this unveil. Knowing FCA and having owned their products for over 10 years now you can always expect little or nothing and a whole lot of delays( waited for the Trailhawk for ever ).
Even I wasn't expecting anything from Jeep but I also wasn't expecting nothing from them. lol. This is like playing spot the differences in newspaper.

Yes the 2WD 1.6L MJD is a good option and needs to take on Seltos and Creta.

I think the 2.0L MJD and 4x4 is too niche to get volumes and pointless if they are looking for volumes.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 13:09   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I actually like your line of thinking on the 1.6 MJD. Considering we may not see the Renegade, the 1.6 MJD, is what the Compass needs now. The cheaper costs will allow it to compete on price with the Seltos/ Creta and T Roc at the premium end.
The Compass already has disappointed many enthusiasts and the list of "Drawbacks" against peers is already fairly long (considering what the average Joe wants from the car).

Would "Under-powered Diesel" be an addition to that list that FCA goes for? I doubt. The Compass is a solid car. Heavily built (and I love that). The 1.6 mill will only make it "gets you there" when it comes to the driving experience. Even with that engine the price would not be too low & other cars with larger (that too, FIAT's own!) engines would be in same price territory.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 13:09   #36
BANNED

Usually when there is a face-lift, we relate it to some cosmetic changes here and there. But in the Compass' case, Jeep has focused mainly at the heart of the vehicle, the engine. The diesel engine is severely under powered by class standards. Jeep is planning to launch the compass with new engines and minimal cosmetic upgrades. The few differences one can find are - 5 new colors, new alloy wheel designs and a new soft touch dashboard. It is a typical "blink and you will miss" face-lift

Last edited by Tachyonites : 5th June 2020 at 13:15.
Old 5th June 2020, 13:53   #37
BHPian

We own a Jeep Compass Limited plus that we bought over a year ago and the face-lifted car seems absolutely the same to me except for the new alloy wheel design.

Not that I had much to complain about the looks or anything else in the 'pre-facelift' car and 2.0D is rather fun.

Perhaps as part of the 'facelift' effort in India, FCA could rejig the equipment levels to add a 360 degree camera, front sensors and the digital colour display to the model line up which I miss in my car. Ventilated seats FCA??

Last edited by ajmat : 5th June 2020 at 18:31. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass. No acronyms please.
clementj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 14:13   #38
BHPian

The facelift looks totally same as present car to me too. I think instead of downgrading the engine they should have tuned the present 2.0 diesel to make even more power and that could have stopped people from classifying it with Cretas and Seltos which clearly belong to lower segment.

There is this beautiful saying that when your adversaries or challengers up their game to match your levels you should up your scale and make the difference pronounced . So instead of bringing lower powered engines to reduce price to come down to the level of Koreans they should instead upscale and try to match the Germans.
Old 6th June 2020, 07:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021

Im not too sure about the 1.6 D making its way to India. For that to happen, Maruti has to probably go back to Fiat for the 1.6, for their bigger cars like the Ciaz and the Ertiga and place a massive order. Only then it would make sense for FCA to initiate local manufacturing of the 1.6 D and subsequently think about plonking it in the Compass. Else given the volumes that the Compass does in India, investing in a new engine makes no financial sense.

The other scenario is that FCA sort of pushes for 1.6 D as a new entry level engine across all markets, meaning potentially even lowering the price tag of the Compass. And if thats the case then the export volumes from India might justify the new engine. But once FCA goes down this route, then they have to forget about the sales of 2.0 diesel in India.

Last edited by motorworks : 6th June 2020 at 07:47.
Old 6th June 2020, 08:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Im not too sure about the 1.6 D making its way to India. For that to happen, Maruti has to probably go back to Fiat for the 1.6, for their bigger cars like the Ciaz and the Ertiga and place a massive order. Only then it would make sense for FCA to initiate local manufacturing of the 1.6 D and subsequently think about plonking it in the Compass.
Hi Motorworks!
I believe Maruti would not ever have the need to go back to Fiat for their 1.6 D after investing all the time and money they did on the 1.5 D which was introduced on the Ciaz late 2018 and only lasted for a year. If Maruti needs a diesel for their bigger models (Ciaz, Ertiga, Brezza, S-Cross), they will be upgrading that engine itself. Also, Jeep's investment to convert it's very own 2.0 D BS6 Compliant for Tata & MG should make it quite clear that the 1.6 D would probably not make it back to India.

Thank you,
Akashdeep
Old 6th June 2020, 09:17   #41
BHPian

So why are Jeep hesitant to launch a Creta/Seltos rival with the 1.6 D? With localisation, it could be launched at a decent price. With the Mid SUV being the buzz, Jeep should look to ride the wave. They can make hefty margins plus proper utilisation of their resources. I believe they are happy to be an Engine supplier.
Old 6th June 2020, 13:58   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So this wasn't a facelift revealed today? Just new petrol smaller engine and even downgraded diesel.
The 1.3 turbo engine has got bad reviews internationally. It supposedly has very little low end and mid-range grunt and is even more fuel hungry than the 1.4 turbopetrol which is doing duty on the current compass. I don’t know how that is even possible since the 1.4 itself is known to give as low as 5-6 kmpl in the city.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 14:25   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

TRUE Jeep Compass facelift coming this year end.

Quote:
images revealed yesterday were purely to announce the new 1.3l engine line-up of the Jeep Compass
Quote:
Yes, the 8.4-inch infotainment with U Connect 5 is new too, and so are the new safety features like adaptive cruise control and the blind spot assist
Quote:
But these ADAS features are now a compulsion for the European model and hence they were added to the 2021 update.
The new exterior design and a fresh look for the cabin of the Compass will only be revealed by the end of the year

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 17:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TRUE Jeep Compass facelift coming this year end.

The new exterior design and a fresh look for the cabin of the Compass will only be revealed by the end of the year

Link
Wow that's quite a disastrous press release when you have to clarify post doing your big launch! Seems like they took a cue from our own 'Ministry of Clarifications'

In either case this will prevent people from buying since they might think the new one is due later in the year. I was recently in the market for one and it was unbelievable how bad the experience was to get a new one, the sales rep kept insisting in India only 2 cars have Trail Rated badge, the Compass and Range Rover and max discount on their overpriced car they are willing to offer was a lakh. I think Jeep just doesn't care about India and are happy just exporting cars abroad with how the Compass saga has played out since launch.
Old 7th June 2020, 22:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

I hope they bring in the 1.6 Liter Diesel here. It could bring some sales at lower price point.

Many executive auto manufacturers have adopted this strategy. Moreover, it will help company when smaller model is introduced, whatever time it takes.

IMO his strategy will definitely speed up new models introduction as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks