Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 19:59   #121
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
My only hope is Jeep India should use this facelift as an opportunity and price it neck to neck with the Harrier and alikes!
Highly unlikely they are going to reduce the prices on this one, only way I see the price going is up.
Mr.U is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 20:05   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice changes by the looks of it. although - is that a forward camera in the central grille slat? If yes - then the grille in its original black look would have been much better. With these chrome/silver inserts - the camera is creating an abnormality in the form of a missing pixel!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 20:34   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Although - is that a forward camera in the central grille slat? If yes - then the grille in its original black look would have been much better. With these chrome/silver inserts - the camera is creating an abnormality in the form of a missing pixel!
Yes that is the front camera housed right in the centre. The car if I am correct gets a 360 deg camera now.

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-668dd9ba70f147359ea8ec55ded26077.jpeg

Small pod seen under the outside rear view mirror in this test car is the camera. Also right in the centre there is a cut out in the cover for the front camera.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:07   #124
Senior - BHPian

https://www.carwale.com/news/2021-je...hou-auto-show/
Jeep Compass face-lift is unveiled abroad in an autoshow
Old 20th November 2020, 12:47   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
https://www.carwale.com/news/2021-je...hou-auto-show/
Jeep Compass face-lift is unveiled abroad in an autoshow
29mm increase in length and 17mm increase in height? I am sure this one is China-specific variant and we might get a shorter version, but I would love to be proved wrong here!

I liked the interiors, they look proper up-market and very well put together. Cant wait for more fresh pics
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 14:06   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Global launch of the Jeep Compass ( face-lift) at the 2020 Guangzhou Auto Show:

Quote:
the front face of the vehicle is significantly different in details from the current model. The front air intake grille of the vehicle continues to use the classic seven vertical It has a straight waterfall shape, but with a chrome-plated decorative piece embedded in the middle, the front surround has also changed significantly. The headlights of the vehicle continue the current design style, but the shape and size are flatter and narrower
Quote:
the length, width and height of the new car are 4424/1819/1652mm, length increased by 9mm, height increased by 17mm (automatic four-wheel drive high-performance version increased by 25mm), and the wheelbase is still 2636m
Quote:
In terms of interior, the new Jeep Guide adopts a new center console design, the two-color interior trim panel looks more textured, uses a new three-spoke multi-function steering wheel, and replaces a new 10.25-inch full LCD instrument panel, multimedia The system uses a floating screen, the TAI 3.0 car intelligent system provided by Tengxu, provides intelligent voice control, intelligent interactive butler, etc. In addition, the new car also provides mobile phone wireless charging, wireless CarPlay and Baidu CarLife.
Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chsem13azcanso5aasxaqtsvbs666.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chsem13azcad9asaauxouoogxi613.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chsefv3axiaamtxaasiobjqruq803.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chsfvf3axmar33naaqmgs_auz4030.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chwflv3aakarya3aalxdhmmwqu409.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chwflv3azwasoncaardflz7xzo297.jpg
Quote:
In terms of power system, the new Jeep Guide will continue to provide a 1.3T engine. In terms of transmission, a 7-speed dual-clutch (two-wheel drive) can be selected. The high-end four-wheel drive high-performance flagship version will be equipped with a 1.4T engine, matching a 9-speed automatic manual transmission and A four-wheel drive system.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th November 2020 at 14:08.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 21:02   #127
BHPian

Damn, too much connected car tech.
If that is coming to India, Jeep lovers should probably buy the 2020 model while they can.
Old 20th November 2020, 23:30   #128
Senior - BHPian

Somehow the interiors looks BMW-esque to me, & don't gel with the Jeep brand.

I also hope they bring in more engine choices for Indians, despite ACI suggesting otherwise.
Old 20th November 2020, 23:35   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

The interiors remind me of the current Ecosport and Figo/Aspire range in Ford. It looks completely out of sync with the rest of the car. I don't know how these big car makers with all their money and experience, come up with such hideous designs for something that is so basic. How tough is it to design a well-integrated ICE. The other day I was watching the review of the upcoming Jaguar F-pace and XF models and they too have simply stuck an Ipad like device on to the dashboard which gives a very cheap aftermarket look. These car makers need to learn a lesson or two from Volvo and even MG motors on how to integrate a large ICE in the dashboard!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 00:26   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Somehow the interiors looks BMW-esque to me, & don't gel with the Jeep brand.
Agree but people will lap it up. Rugged jeep exterior with luxurious interiors like a mini Rangie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The other day I was watching the review of the upcoming Jaguar F-pace and XF models and they too have simply stuck an Ipad like device on to the dashboard which gives a very cheap aftermarket look. These car makers need to learn a lesson or two from Volvo and even MG motors on how to integrate a large ICE in the dashboard!
While I personally agree with you, have seen many people preferring the stuck-on look since it remains in field of view - rather like a HUD - instead of having to look down
Old 21st November 2020, 10:20   #131
BHPian

Looks like Jeep is still stuck in the past.

I find the interiors pretty similar to the facelifted ecosport currently on sale.

From the layout perspective at least they seem pretty similar.

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-744x0_0_autohomecar__chwflv3azwasoncaardflz7xzo297.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-0836186d0efb74992fd1edc1d4341218.jpg
sv97 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 10:37   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Looks like Jeep is still stuck in the past.

I find the interiors pretty similar to the facelifted ecosport currently on sale.

From the layout perspective at least they seem pretty similar.
I don't really think so. This is a dashboard design used by all. If you need a large screen on top you have very few options.

You can either keep the screen on top and AC vents below or keep the screen in the middle of AC vents. 3rd option is what Hyundai, Kia and Mercedes are following is to extend the cluster to the screen in the middle.

Look at how similar the Toyota Rav4 and Corolla is to the compass.

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-rav4202012e1565816666333.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-88dc22c27f00168ed4eb29a6b98d3a24.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 00:01   #133
BHPian

All these improvements in the interior of the vehicle got me wondering about the premium that JEEP will charge us.

Any guesses or expectations from anyone?
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:16   #134
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I am coming back after a very long break - I joined and then could not post as life had different plans for me so that kept me in a lurk mode. Life has taken a positive turn in the last few years and I am happy to be back and will post on a regular basis.

As this point in time though, I would like some advise from all of you learned folks. For last two years, I have been eyeing purchasing the Jeep compass. What attracted me to Jeep was:
  1. Solid build quality, reputation of the Jeep brand for being rugged
  2. Best safety on this side of 30 Lakhs
  3. Fantastic Diesel Engine - the Fiat motor from all accounts is a great engine, I am drooling at the prospect of 350Nm torque and that power to weight ratio as tabulated by BHPians
All in all, I wanted a fun to drive car yet I am plan to travel around with my family - the Boss (The Missus ) and two young boys and occasionally parents - which means that for next 2-3 years at least, 5 seat car would do for us).

I toyed with the idea of getting an Innova at this price point but given it's size and the consequent inconvenience in city conditions as well as the possibility of all 6 of us traveling together being not so frequent, I thought that I could go with a 5 seat Jeep

The off-road capabilities is not something I know much about, having never done it myself but I have driven on pretty nasty roads during monsoons and 4x4 (not the trailhawk) is something I am toying with.

I spoke to the Jeep dealer at Pune and he is offering me a discount of about 1.5 Lakhs as "relationship discount".

Now my question to dear BHPians:
  1. Do you think it is worth investing in 4x4 if you have never done off roading? Do you think it offers that "slight" advantage in case road conditions are bad?
  2. Do you think it is worth going for an automatic 4x2 instead? Both the Missus as well as I have never driven an automatic so this is a fancy feature at the moment for us but would like some views of BHPians on this.
  3. Is it worth waiting for the 2021 model which is likely to be more expensive? I plan to go for the Limited Plus trim and TBH, I am not looking forward to more gizmos than what is already there. So if the motor is the same, I am probably not very interested ...
  4. Should I even consider the petrol? I have always driven a petrol engine vehicle in India but the much higher torque of the diesel got me attracted to it. Any thoughts on that would be really appreciated!
  5. I know Jeep has limited service centers but is that a real hindrance? I am based out of Pune so I would reckon, locally I should get all the support. Should I consider the Tucson instead on that front?
I plan to do test rides in mid December to get a first hand feel of these cars but thought of asking all of you for your valuable thoughts! So thanks very much in advance!

PS: As an aside, I am also planning to purchase the Ather 450X and have experienced the "Warp" mode with all the 28Nm of torque in a test drive so it has convinced me even more to go for the Diesel!
saumitra_joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumitra_joshi View Post
Dear BHPians,

Now my question to dear BHPians:
[list=1]
[*]Do you think it is worth investing in 4x4 if you have never done off roading? Do you think it offers that "slight" advantage in case road conditions are bad?
[*]Do you think it is worth going for an automatic 4x2 instead? Both the Missus as well as I have never driven an automatic so this is a fancy feature at the moment for us but would like some views of BHPians on this.
[*]Is it worth waiting for the 2021 model which is likely to be more expensive? I plan to go for the Limited Plus trim and TBH, I am not looking forward to more gizmos than what is already there. So if the motor is the same, I am probably not very interested .

So, if you need a Compass and in diesel automatic, it is available only with the 4*4. You can get the 4*2 only with the manual transmission.

The Compass diesel is very competent and I would recommend it. It is not the best automatic box around but you will learn to live with it. Good build quality, great ride and handling and a decent sized footprint for both city and highway rides.

I wouldn't recommend the petrol engine. The diesel is the one to go for.

Hard to recommend the 2021 Compass as there is hardly any info. Also of what we got to see is the China spec and not sure of what changes will be made for India. Also expect a bump up in prices.

Cannot also comment on the facelift Tucson as I have not seen it or driven it personally.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks