Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:19   #151
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Can you please shed some light on the fuel economy you get
There has been a lot of discussion in the past regarding the low fuel economy of the 1.4 AT
Your first hand experience will really help potential buyers like me
My fuel efficiency over 15,000 kms stands at 11.6 kmpl. There are people who have reportedly got 6 kmpl, and there are people who have got over 12 kmpl in mixed driving conditions. On highway runs, folks have got over 14 kmpl. I came back from Manali last week- 1270 kms round trip, with around 570 kms in hill driving conditions, and got 13 kmpl.

My point being the Compass turbo petrol, like every turbo petrol out there, is very sensitive to the way it is driven, especially given it's higher weight. I take care while driving (use momentum, avoid sudden acceleration and braking, keep it below 2000 rpm unless while overtaking, regulate AC etc) to get this efficiency. For reference, my previous 2.2 Endeavour used to give me around 11 kmpl so there is that.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 14:20   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrokneel View Post
Seems like Jeep has stopped production of the old compass and the dealerships are busy getting the old stock cleared. The limited plus 4X4 AT, Limited Plus 4X4 MT are already out of stock.

The dealer is pushing the
Limited plus 4X2 MT
Longitude Plus 4X2 MT
Longitude plus 4X4 AT and the
Trailhawk

The discount being offered isn't too great (around 1.5 on the longitudes,1 on limited plus and 2 on the trailhawk). Seems like there is a rush to buy with these discounts or FCA just dosen't want to dilute the pricing further. I was expecting a good cut given that its the turn of the year and an outgoing model. Lets see if anything changes during the course of the month.

Update:

Heard back from the dealer with this month's offer. They are offering a 2 lac discount (on road price) on the Longitude Plus 4X2 MT and a 1.3 Lac discount (on road price) on the limited plus 4X2 MT (faster moving model I guess).

The price gap between these models 2 variants post the offer is coming out to be 3 lacs which is a bit too high IMO namely for a sunroof and larger infotainment screen. Rest of the offerings include
1. Auto Headlamps
2. Rain sensing wipers
3. Power seat with emory function
4. 18" alloys instead of 17"
5. Electronic auto dimming IVRM
6. Side Airbags
7. LED Tailamps
8. Leather Seats and steering wheel cover
9. Dual tone roof ( =half of it is the sunroof )

None of them catch my fancy and neither am I a big fan of their automatic nor do I need the 4X4 (my bike sees more adventurous terrain than my cars).

Is this a good deal (the longitude Plus 4X2 MT)? or should I wait for the new model and pay almost 3 lacs more than today? (discount forgone + the price escalation)
Old 5th December 2020, 14:21   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing On The Ghats Near Pune. With all cosmetic and no Mechanical changes expected.

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-2021jeepcompassspiedtestingghatspune10.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-2021jeepcompassspiedtestingghatspune1600x338.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-2021jeepcompassspiedtestingghatspune2600x338.jpg

Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-2021jeepcompassspiedtestingghatspune5600x338.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th December 2020 at 14:25.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 10:20   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass spied doing winter test in Sweden:

Quote:
The intermediate model of the American brand has received very discreet but fair changes to offer a more attractive and renewed air, with a significant improvement in the interior .

The compact SUV is camouflaged in northern Sweden, near the Arctic Circle, along with some FIAT test units
Quote:
Nothing new, nor different, compared to the model presented in China and that makes it slightly distinctive for Europe.

The spy photos also leave a slight glimpse of the interior, with the new touchscreen of the UConnect 5 infotainment system, 10.1 inches outside the camouflage, once again without major changes. Some images that show that the brand will still take a few more months to put the revised Jeep Compass dedicating this time to finish the fine-tuning of the specifications for Europe.
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 4990
Size:  519.2 KB

Name:  3.PNG
Views: 5007
Size:  670.4 KB

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 4965
Size:  564.9 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 23:04   #155

I've been offered a discount of ₹1.50 lacs on the Limited Plus Manual 4x2, with the option to get insurance from outside.
What would be the suggested course of action? Should I wait for the facelift? Any indicators if the facelifted diesel variant would be available in automatic guise only?
I was awaiting the facelift, but the government's decision to allow us to cash in on our LFC entitlement by means of purchase of consumer goods before April 1st has gotten me looking into available vehicle choices.
Further, I would be looking to trade in my 2015 Elite i20 Magna Petrol, driven just 32000 kms, for which, the showroom has quoted me ₹3 lacs.
Suggestions, either way, would be extremely welcome.
Old 11th December 2020, 10:27   #156
BHPian

So I was looking forward to buy the Jeep Compass - Longitude Plus Manual 4X2. Spoke to dealers both in Bengaluru and Mumbai. I am from Mumbai, and working out of Bengaluru. I thought will buy in Mumbai and drive down to Bengaluru as the prices are cheaper there.
After a lot of prodding with the dealers and agents, they coughed up the following:
They suggest that the new Compass is to launch 23rd Jan - Which is my Birthday And the prices would go up by 70-80K definitely. Currently the older versions are all out of stock in both the places.
Only the new versions would be sold from next month. They would have the new ICE that we saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post
So I was looking forward to buy the Jeep Compass - Longitude Plus Manual 4X2. Spoke to dealers both in Bengaluru and Mumbai. I am from Mumbai, and working out of Bengaluru. I thought will buy in Mumbai and drive down to Bengaluru as the prices are cheaper there.
After a lot of prodding with the dealers and agents, they coughed up the following:
They suggest that the new Compass is to launch 23rd Jan - Which is my Birthday And the prices would go up by 70-80K definitely. Currently the older versions are all out of stock in both the places.
Only the new versions would be sold from next month. They would have the new ICE that we saw.
Also no discounts offered by anyone.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th December 2020 at 19:16. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the EDIT / Multi-QUOTE function within 30 minutes of posting.
pencilbuster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 00:52   #157
BHPian

Quote:
I have been in the exact same situation. Was planning to drive down to bangalore from Mumbai in the jeep. But when I made enquiries, the dealer in Mumbai told me that that the petrol Automatic trim that I wanted is out of stock and only certain manual variants are available for now. He asked me to wait for the facelift that is going to launch in January 2021 for sure. He did not have a date but he said the display model would be ready by Jan 1st or second week. Sometime last week got a call that bookings have opened for the facelift, so I went ahead booked it. He literally had no idea what the various trims were going to be or how much it would cost (except the vague information that equivalent models may be about 30-40k more expensive)
Thr booking fee was fully refundable incase I did not like the colors or pricing so I did not see a reason to not book it.
Old 14th December 2020, 21:24   #158
BHPian

So I am pretty unhappy with the new engine that might come... an upcoming 1.6L diesel vs current 2L diesel and also i didn't want to pay extra for bells (bills) and whistles. My wife fell in love with the all-black interiors of the Night Eagle and I like manual and we got a nice deal on the Jeep Compass Night Eagle Diesel 4X2 MT so we just booked it.
Felt waiting for an underpowered or same car that is going to be more expensive makes no sense to me.
Old 15th December 2020, 11:56   #159
BHPian

Congrats! To be honest even I am not so happy with the non-night Eagle interiors! Hoping that the facelift fixes that. How long before you get the delivery of the vehicle?
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 15:38   #160
BHPian

Quote:
So I am pretty unhappy with the new engine that might come... an upcoming 1.6L diesel vs current 2L diesel and also i didn't want to pay extra for bells (bills) and whistles. My wife fell in love with the all-black interiors of the Night Eagle and I like manual and we got a nice deal on the Jeep Compass Night Eagle Diesel 4X2 MT so we just booked it.
Felt waiting for an underpowered or same car that is going to be more expensive makes no sense to me.
Dont think there is going to be any engine or transmission changes in the facelifted model for India. Major revamp on interiors, minor tweaks to exteriors, some change in pricing- that is all.
Old 15th December 2020, 17:51   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations

Although I dont think that a new engine is around the corner for the JC 2021 as FCA just launched the BSVI engines a few months back, however I am in complete agreement on not waiting for the same car (the facelift does not seem to offer too much) and foregoing the current discount available and then pay extra money for the facelift.

I was also on the same boat and after a lot of swinging from MT to AT to MT and then back to AT, I too booked a longitude plus Diesel AT. The discount on the ex showroom was good and then took my own insurance and transferred my previous vehicle's NCB to this one.

Still trying to figure out how to get the logistics charges waived off. (Any pointers BHPians?? ) Delivery should happen by Christmas !!!
Old 15th December 2020, 18:56   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrokneel View Post
Congratulations

Although I dont think that a new engine is around the corner for the JC 2021 as FCA just launched the BSVI engines a few months back, however I am in complete agreement on not waiting for the same car (the facelift does not seem to offer too much) and foregoing the current discount available and then pay extra money for the facelift.

I was also on the same boat and after a lot of swinging from MT to AT to MT and then back to AT, I too booked a longitude plus Diesel AT. The discount on the ex showroom was good and then took my own insurance and transferred my previous vehicle's NCB to this one.

Still trying to figure out how to get the logistics charges waived off. (Any pointers BHPians?? ) Delivery should happen by Christmas !!!

Congratulations to you too... Also might need your advice on my problem too.
I'm based out of Mumbai but currently working in Bangalore.
Two options:
1. Purchase the car from Mumbai and drive it down to Bangalore.
2. Purchase the car from Bangalore, do temporary registration, drive to Mumbai and do the registration there and come back. This is only if I manage to save some money in the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Congrats! To be honest even I am not so happy with the non-night Eagle interiors! Hoping that the facelift fixes that. How long before you get the delivery of the vehicle?
This might sound surprising as I'm asking for delivery next month. Company not giving us leave to go to Mumbai and come back.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th December 2020 at 19:17. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the EDIT / Multi-QUOTE function within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 16th December 2020, 18:21   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations to you too... Also might need your advice on my problem too.
I'm based out of Mumbai but currently working in Bangalore.
Two options:
1. Purchase the car from Mumbai and drive it down to Bangalore.
2. Purchase the car from Bangalore, do temporary registration, drive to Mumbai and do the registration there and come back. This is only if I manage to save some money in the deal.

This might sound surprising as I'm asking for delivery next month. Company not giving us leave to go to Mumbai and come back.
I am based in Kolkata but will be moving to Mumbai soon (maybe next 6-8 months). So bought and registered the car here, saved some money on the road tax. My advice would be to

1. See which dealer has the variant and the colour that you want
2. Who is giving you the maximum discount.
3. Get the insurance done positively from outside.
4. If you have sold a 4 wheeler in the last 3 years, get a NCB certificate from the insurer and transfer the ncb onto the new car.

Hopes this helps
indrokneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:46   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift To Launch On Jan 23rd.

With increased prices you will get Cosmetic changes with a few changes to the inferiors like a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which will feature FCA’s latest UConnect 5 software, with integrated Apple Carplay and Android Auto, new controls for climate control, redesigned AC vents, and a fully-digital instrument cluster.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th December 2020 at 15:50.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 17:26   #165
BHPian

A good opportunity to introduce a sports plus automatic version pricing it competitively vs the Korean 1.4 DCT's.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed