Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2020, 10:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: 2nd-gen Mercedes GLA to be launched in Q4 2020

Mod Note: BHPian karan561's Mercedes-Benz GLA Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

According to a media report, Mercedes-Benz is likely to launch the second generation GLA SUV in India in the fourth quarter of this year.

Rumour: 2nd-gen Mercedes GLA to be launched in Q4 2020-gla.jpg

The second-generation GLA made its global debut in December 2019. The SUV was later presented at the 2020 Auto Expo.

The new GLA measures 4,410 mm in length, 1,834 mm in width and 1,611 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,729 mm. It is taller, wider and shorter in length than the outgoing car.

The new GLA gets redesigned LED headlights and a new front bumper. At the rear, it comes with new tail lights and a dual-tone bumper with twin exhausts. On the inside, it has a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel with a digital instrument cluster and an MBUX touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

In India, the GLA is expected to be offered petrol and diesel engine options. It could also be offered in a more powerful AMG version.

The SUV has been listed on the carmaker's Indian website.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2021 at 11:22. Reason: Review link added
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 19:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

New Mercedes GLA Bookings are open. Ex showroom is 43 lakhs. Launch is by October.
Guess on road will be around 55 Lakhs for the GLA 220d?
wildsdi5530 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 10:44   #3
BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
New Mercedes GLA Bookings are open. Ex showroom is 43 lakhs. Launch is by October.

I dont see price information in the website yet. Can you please point me to the source of this information?
Old 16th May 2020, 10:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I dont see price information in the website yet. Can you please point me to the source of this information?
Message from the dealer.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 11:14   #5
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
I seriously think that people should avoid all the new luxury cars that are launched altogether so that the companies realise quickly that the launch ex showroom prices are absolutely absurd and the discounts come in faster.I mean 50+ lacs for a glorified hatchback on stilts.Waiting for it to be a dead on arrival so that they start offering 8-10 lacs off(price that actually should have been).In my eyes, it should cost no more than 32-36 lacs ex showroom.
dhruvritzed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 11:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
I seriously think that people should avoid all the new luxury cars that are launched altogether so that the companies realise quickly that the launch ex showroom prices are absolutely absurd and the discounts come in faster.I mean 50+ lacs for a glorified hatchback on stilts.Waiting for it to be a dead on arrival so that they start offering 8-10 lacs off(price that actually should have been).In my eyes, it should cost no more than 32-36 lacs ex showroom.
Totally agree with this.
We were searching for a bs4 deal luxury car for a friend in March when I realised how ridiculous the pricing for these entry level cars from the Premium Brands are, given what kind of space and features they offer!
Finally we settled for a Kodiaq at 37 L on the road price, which felt as good or better in quality/features and hugely better in space/comfort.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 16th May 2020 at 11:25.
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 15:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Message from the dealer.

I hope this is not true as this will mean an increase of 5+ lacs from outgoing GLA model. I was really looking forward to this car and wanted to decide between GLA and C class by end of 2020. However, if there's not much of a difference between GLA and C class then I would not even consider GLA.
Old 16th May 2020, 19:22   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I hope this is not true as this will mean an increase of 5+ lacs from outgoing GLA model. I was really looking forward to this car and wanted to decide between GLA and C class by end of 2020. However, if there's not much of a difference between GLA and C class then I would not even consider GLA.
Yes, the GLA is from a lower class, it is based on the A class and is a FWD car. With the C, you get a proper blue blooded RWD Merc. The interior quality on the C is bound to be much better. Only thing is, the new C may come in 2 years or so, but of course, they will price it astronomically again.
Old 19th May 2020, 09:44   #9
BHPian

So being a GLA owner for over 4 years now though only done 12000km. And my daily drive is the new 530i which I absolutely love (replaced my F10 530d for this 530i) and also my other car is the E200 (w212 Facelift), infact when I bought my E200 in 2014, it became my preferred car over my 530d (F10), I know people here would call me for preferring a 2L 184 hp Petrol with that 7G over the 530ds brilliant 30d/ZF combination, but trust me the Mercedes has much better driving dynamics. Coming back to the GLA point, I’ve read people saying how it’s below the “C” class, and not a true blue Mercedes or a FWD have never had one it seems, having had the current gen c class and even the new X1, let me assure you it’s a fantastically put together Mercedes in all sense, infact in comparison to the C class, it feels even more solid, sturdy and that 185hp engine in that small car is a delight to drive, further I’ve taken it to a Ranthambhor and Mussorie, it’s a thoroughly enjoyable car to drive and the looks are drool worthy . The dynamics, safety features and quality are all brilliant. For the average Indian physique it’s even decent for 4 average 5’5” pax like my parents , like my dad prefers this over his 7 many a times.
Lastly , GLA is I think the last of the traditional solid Mercedes cars out there, next time you’re with one, just check out the door width and you’d have your answer. When my 5 had gone in for repair, they gave me a new gen X1 as a loaner, which though much more spacious than my GLA, felt an inferior car, both in interior quality and the drive. No offence to any X1 owners, clearly it’s the more liked car based on the sales, but this was just my opinion on the GLA.

Last edited by ajmat : 19th May 2020 at 22:04. Reason: small typo
np23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: 2nd-gen Mercedes GLA to be launched in Q4 2020

Martin Schwenk, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India confirmed that the new GLA will be launched in India later this year.

Rumour: 2nd-gen Mercedes GLA to be launched in Q4 2020-smartselect_20210327121627_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Confirming the arrival of the new Mercedes-Benz GLA SUV, Schwenk said. "That is not too far out.

So, with the pandemic we got a little bit delayed. Now, we prioritised which car would come first, and then we decided we'll go first with A Limousine, and then we will come, not too far into the future, with the GLA."
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th March 2021 at 12:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 10:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: 2nd-gen Mercedes GLA to be launched in Q4 2020

India-spec 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA engine details revealed

Standard GLA to be offered in both petrol and diesel engines

GLA 220d to come with 2.0-litre diesel which produces 190hp and comes with 4Matic all-wheel drive and will only be available in the AMG Line trim. There will also be a regular 220d that is front-wheel-drive only and available in Progressive line trim

The GLA 200 actually uses a derivative of the 1,332cc Renault-Nissan direct-injection turbo-petrol developing 163hp and 250Nm of torque and is shared with the A-Class sedan.

AMG GLA A35 with 306hp and all-wheel drive will arrive at later date and likely to be assembled in India

Source

Mod Note: BHPian karan561's Mercedes-Benz GLA Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2021 at 11:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks