Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 11:01   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
*Exchange your car with Rs.40,000 additional market price.
Offer on New Nissan Kicks Turbo Petrol
with 156 PS Power, Highest Powerful SUV in segment !
Test Drive & Book Today
I have a feeling this is the start of a flood of offers and discounts to come on the Kicks. Nissan had discounts as high as 3-4 lakhs on the BS4 Kicks Diesel towards the end of 2019.

The Kicks is a very slow moving vehicle and people just have not warmed up tot he idea of buying a 10 lakh plus car from Nissan since most sales are of Triber and Kwid, which are in the 5-7 lakh segment. At nearly 17 lakhs on-road or the top end Turbo CVT version of the car, there are too many other choices. Instead of launching at a high price point and then discounting like hell, Nissan should have launched the base XV Turbo manual at 9.99 lakhs and the top end XV Pre CVT around 12 lakhs ex-showroom.

There is a short clip on the upcoming Dusters' 0-100 acceleration times on the Duster thread and it seems to indicate that the Duster 1.3 Turbo Petrol MT achieves a 0-100 time of 11 seconds as compared to the 11.85 seconds that the Kicks took as per its recent Autocar review. Could be due to lower weight of the Duster.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 14th August 2020 at 11:14.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 17:03   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Nissan Kicks 1.3 turbo-petrol first drive review by Autocar India
Video review of the Kicks turbo

JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 17:19   #273
BHPian

The review mentions that the new turbo petrol has a good mid range. Unlike the VAG turbo petrol this engine doesn't likes to be revs hard.
Acceleration figures are also behind Seltos and probably VAG cars.
The clutch and gearshift are also reported to be heavy.
Perhaps the lower price coupled with some discounts can bring in some customers?

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-kicksaccl.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 19:08   #274
GBX
BHPian

Unless this overbearing TC is actually a feature, Nissan should just flash Renault's version of the ECU and be done with it.

Without that, buyers have a very awkward choice between a faster car and a car with a much nicer interior.
GBX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 13:51   #275
BHPian

Took a casual look at the manual Kicks demo car.

The red looks absolutely stunning .

The test drive vehicle was not available as it was shuttling between the two dealerships. But the sales guy did say that they can arrange for doorstep test drive. And he said the CVT is coming soon.

Even though the Kicks is quite a large car, I was a little disappointed with the rear seat width. Looked more like a two adults and one kid seat than a proper three seater. The ABC pedals seemed to a bit too close to each other, but maybe it is a question of getting used to.

All other aspects of the car were just 'Wow'. The infotainment system, dashboard quality, feature list etc.

The clutch seemed very light and easy and the gear shifts were extremely smooth and silky. I tried without starting the car!.

When I asked him why Nissan is not providing a sunroof as the competition does, " sunroof is dangerous Sir, children and even adults stand on top. So for safety reasons, Nissan has not provided one. But after market sunroofs are available" .

Overall it is a fantastic car but has very strong competition, even from its cousin!.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20200819_133758.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20200819_133715.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20200819_131323.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20200819_131227.jpg  

Nalin1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:00   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Took a casual look at the manual Kicks demo car.

The red looks absolutely stunning .
This is the best looking car among the small SUVs in India. I like the T-ROC, but I think I like this more than even that, especially the rear end looking at it from the side.
codwapeace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 09:21   #277

Saw a review of the Kicks CVT. The review is in malayalam though. What caught my attention is that the presenter claims there is little to no rubber band effect in the CVT.
Here's the video

Can anyone throw some light into this? My friend had a duster AWD and I loved the suspension. Although this won't have the same setup, I guess it'll be much more comfortable than Creta or Seltos.
I'll always take a great engine-gearbox combo with a great suspension over gadgets and features!
roshanvalsan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:51   #278
BHPian

What kind of year-end offers can we expect from Nissan this year?

In 2019 they offered below at year-end
  • 40k exchange bonus
  • 40k cash discount
  • Extended Warranty worth 20k
  • Corporate discount of 10k

A total benefit of 1.1 lakhs on Kicks. I wonder if they repeat the same this year or may provide even more discount as Kicks Turbo is grossly overpriced.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 17:04   #279
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if they repeat the same this year or may provide even more discount as Kicks Turbo is grossly overpriced.
I do not understand how Kicks 1.3T is over priced? Apart from the gadgets what other competitors offer, the combination of performance & driveability is best in its class(derived from the Duster B0 platform & 156 BHP is the highest even one segment higher).
starke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 17:50   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanvalsan View Post
Saw a review of the Kicks CVT. The review is in malayalam though.

The guy is literally singing praises of the car! He claims this is only one three cars he immediately felt great about as soon as he started driving - the other two being the Skoda Octavia Facelift and VW T-Roc. He claims there is literally no rubber-band effect in the CVT.

I think the Kicks Turbo CVT is a hidden gem indeed. I am expecting many more positive reviews to come out once the car is more widely available. The only weird decision from Nissan is not to offer the CVT in the top end XV Premium Optional trim.

The same exact engine is going to be on the all new Mercedes GLA 200 being launched in India in October - a Car that is probably going to sell at 3-4 times the cost of the Kicks!
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 18:28   #281
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol to be launched soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The guy is literally singing praises of the car! He claims this is only one three cars he immediately felt great about as soon as he started driving - the other two being the Skoda Octavia Facelift and VW T-Roc. He claims there is literally no rubber-band effect in the CVT.

I think the Kicks Turbo CVT is a hidden gem indeed. I am expecting many more positive reviews to come out once the car is more widely available. The only weird decision from Nissan is not to offer the CVT in the top end XV Premium Optional trim.

The same exact engine is going to be on the all new Mercedes GLA 200 being launched in India in October - a Car that is probably going to sell at 3-4 times the cost of the Kicks!
I am not surprised one bit if any of the reviewers find the Kicks so impressive.

I could feel that it is a rocket waiting to be launched when I sat in it!.
Old 25th August 2020, 21:06   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
I do not understand how Kicks 1.3T is over priced? Apart from the gadgets what other competitors offer, the combination of performance & driveability is best in its class(derived from the Duster B0 platform & 156 BHP is the highest even one segment higher).
If Renault can provide Duster with same engine at 10.49 lakhs, then yes it is grossly overpriced.
Old 25th August 2020, 21:23   #283
BHPian

Quote:
If Renault can provide Duster with same engine at 10.49 lakhs, then yes it is grossly overpriced.
You can easily look at the features and the huge upgrade of the interior itself from the duster to kicks.

And more than that, the sales volume (previous and forecast) also plays a vital role in pricing.

One can simply notice the premium feel of Kicks over Duster.

Even though I do not agree to the 1.3 lakhs increase in price, but for sure it is not at all grossly overpriced, slightly higher suits better.
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 21:49   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Everyone(including me) felt Kicks is pricey because exact variant with 1.5 NA engine is priced 2 lakhs cheaper.
In Bangalore that translates to 2.6 lacs difference on road, for XV.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 22:14   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Everyone(including me) felt Kicks is pricey because exact variant with 1.5 NA engine is priced 2 lakhs cheaper.
In Bangalore that translates to 2.6 lacs difference on road, for XV.
I'm not sure though, but I read it somewhere that most of the engine components will be imported initially along with the transmission unit, which is why it is priced higher.

No matter how much I like Nissan Kicks, when I heard the prices of Turbo along with CVT, it is priced quite high variant to variant.

But then one has to understand, the USP of this car is a powerful turbo petrol engine and it's ride quality. And I don't see any car which can give you as good a carpet ride as Duster/Kicks can.

Most Viewed