Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2020, 12:24   #76
BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
In late-2019, a company in my office building bought 3 Kicks for staff. These cars are parked together and are head-turners, quickly becoming the stars of the huge parking lot.

The sporty and dual tone appearance caught on with people in the building. Soon, I noticed many more individual Kicks buyers among companies in the building. I know that Kicks isn't a sales success but if you look at my office building's car parking, you would think that Kicks is more popular than a Creta or Seltos.

I hope that the 2020 Kicks catches on and becomes a great success.
Here we go!. That is how cars sell in India 90% of the time. He buys- I buy- They buy- we buy .

Cars that have hardly sold will be as good or even better than the box office hits, but that will remain hidden until one day these cars will be out of production as market failures.

But whatever little customers these will have will be singing praises!.

We have had three such cars- The Nissan Terrano, the Skoda Yeti and the Mahindra Quanto.

Especially the Quanto- Was probably Mahindra's least popular car. This is owned by my cousin and has crossed 110000 kms and going strong. Apart from the body roll, there is nothing to complain in the Quanto.
Nalin1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 14:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Hello dear members, does anyone know if the 360 degree camera is going to be available with the XV Premium Turbo CVT variant?

Thanks.
Not sure which variant will be getting it, but i guess the top of the line model should. The Nissan India Kicks website says that the feature is available for the SUV.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-capture.jpg  

Rohit_Quad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 17:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Kicks BS6 variant details revealed

Nissan has released details of the BS6-compliant Kicks. The SUV will be available in 7 variants. The manual transmission will be available in XV, XV Premium and XV Premium (O) trims, while the CVT will be offered in XV and XV Premium trims.

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-banner.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

The standard features offered on the new Nissan Kicks include Nissan Connect with Smart watch connectivity, auto AC with rear AC vents, cooled glove box, twin parcel shelf, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, electrically adjustable ORVMs, impact sensing auto door unlock, speed sensing auto door lock and shark fin antenna.

Higher variants will get automatic headlamps, front fog lamps with cornering function, rain sensing wipers and engine start / stop button.

The Kicks will be offered with two BS6-compliant petrol engine options. These include the new 1.3-litre turbo petrol producing 154 BHP and 254 Nm and a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated engine. Transmission options will include a manual and CVT, which is claimed to be 40% more efficient than existing CVTs.

The Nissan Kicks BS6 will come with a standard warranty of 2 years / 50,000 km, which can be extended up to 5 years / 1,00,000 km.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 18:17   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
I hope that the 2020 Kicks catches on and becomes a great success.

Change the name
and sales could increase 25%. Try telling your better half or neighbour or elderly parents that you are considering a car called Kicks.

It's like Skoda's unfortunate choice of Laura for the earlier avatar of the Octavia. It maybe downright innocuous down South, but hear a Sardar or Jat say it and you'll know what I mean.

Way back, one of my well meaning Sardar office colleagues nearly had a POSH complaint against him because he offered a female colleague a lift home in his Laura .
itwasntme is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 19:33   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

No mention of XL (lower variant) - this was to come with the 1.5 NA engine. Looks like they are positioning this car higher up the price band as a premium offering.
Old 8th May 2020, 16:36   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Change the name
and sales could increase 25%. Try telling your better half or neighbour or elderly parents that you are considering a car called Kicks.
I really could not understand if Kicks is a bad choice for a name. Could you please explain? It may be particular to some particular region or language.
Old 9th May 2020, 19:58   #82
BHPian

I've been contemplating between nexon XZ+S vs seltos htk (petrol vehicles). I was about to start booking process for nexon then i heard news about Kicks turbo.

If kicks turbo xv manual priced around 11-11.5 lacs, i'm sold. Last year i did kicks xv petrol test drive(4 people in car). I'm neither aggressive driver(i.e. not a fan of frequent overtaking) nor keen observer of performance, but still i could felt kicks petrol was little lethargic.

Another aspect that holds me back in general is, given the slow down of auto industry in general(not specific to covid), government might give some tax incentives to end users to boost sales? Or am i just dreaming?
ramki.grandhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 20:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post

Another aspect that holds me back in general is, given the slow down of auto industry in general(not specific to covid), government might give some tax incentives to end users to boost sales? Or am i just dreaming?
I don’t think Tax cut for vehicles is anywhere on the radar of the government given the dire situation of the financials of the government. However, Nissan could price the Kicks aggressively or have introductory pricing for the Kicks.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 10:28   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I've been contemplating between nexon XZ+S vs seltos htk (petrol vehicles). I was about to start booking process for nexon then i heard news about Kicks turbo.

What is more likely is an aggressive scrappage policy, with generous support. The funding for this can be paid from the GST and road tax collections from the replacement vehicle sales. Net revenue neutral to the government, yet kick-starts the automobile industry.
Old 10th May 2020, 15:04   #85
BHPian

Nissan Kicks will have remote engine start option. The button to start engine will be available on the key remote. Video below

sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 20:05   #86
BHPian

The power figures look smashing !! This car could prove a serious competition to Creta/Seltos turbo-petrol models. There is obviously a huge market for petrol as well as C-SUVs. A powerful yet reasonably fuel-efficient petrol C-SUV is a terrific combo in the current market. The choice of AT as well as manual adds to the fun. If this is priced 1L to 2L lower than corresponding Creta/Seltos trims, the market is surely going to give it a serious thought.

The official Nissan India website is updated with all the bling about the new Kicks and it sure looks impressive.

I see a few caveats from my perspective though !!

1. Only 4 airbags that too in the top trim - When I'm paying 15/16L for a car, I would expect the highest level of industry-standard safety equipment. Other cars in the similar (and even much lower) price bracket are offering 6 airbags in the top trim. I wouldn't want to live with the psychological burden of having sacrificed the safety of rear seat passengers all throughout the ownership of the car.

2. No sunroof - However useless a sunroof might be in the Indian conditions, I would want to honor my kids wish to have a sunroof in the new car. I'm paying a significant amount for the car and almost all cars provide sunroof in the top trim. Its usage will differ from person-to-person/situation-to-situation.

3. Thin dealer network - I'd definitely weigh the peace of mind I'd get from an established car-maker vs the upfront savings I'd achieve buying the new Kicks. This situation may not be permanent though. The number of dealers can be expected to increase (hopefully) as the car gains popularity.

All in all, I feel this car will surely add to the competition in the most sought-after segment in the market which is a very good sign. But the above points are note-worthy too.
RishikeshK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 09:12   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan has uploaded official information and countdown from the official launch of the Nissan Kicks e-Power in Thailand.

The launch will be virtually done because of the pandemic situation of COVID-19 .

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-launchingallnewnissankicksepower.jpg

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-teaserallnewnissankicksepower.jpg

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-allnewnissankicksepowerthailand.jpg

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-allnewnissankicksepower.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th May 2020 at 09:13.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 12:45   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks e-Power will be he first e-Power technology introduced in Nissan Kicks and also the first face-lift model in the world in Thailand.

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-kicks_15may_banner_002.jpg

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-kicks_15may_banner_fb.jpg

Details on the basic options of the Nissan Kicks e-Power Thai version are as follows:

Quote:
Nissan Kicks e-Power will be available in 3 sub-models
17 inch alloy wheels
Interior of the cabin in the Top model, two-tone color, black-orange
Smart Keyless Entry System
Push Start Button
ABS anti-lock braking system
EBD brake force distribution system
BA brake reinforcement system
VDC Stability Control System
Hill Assist System on HSA slope
Frontal collision warning system
Automatic braking systems for both individuals and vehicles, IEB
Monarch Orange is the marketing communication color during launch.
Nissan e-POWER

Quote:
E-POWER technology is an electric motor driven system with high power. Same as the EV electric car, using the electric technology from Nissan LEAF to apply to the small gasoline engine. Install a combustion engine that is not connected to the wheel The engine is used to spin electricity into batteries, unlike other Hybrid cars that use engines to send power onto the wheels as well.

In simple words, "the engine works as a idle cycle Serves to generate electricity to store batteries only The car will be driven by an electric motor. But can refuel like normal cars "

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-2017_11_nissan_note_epower_powerdiagrams.jpg
Name:  2017_11_epowergraph.png
Views: 2749
Size:  46.6 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th May 2020 at 12:47.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 17:08   #89
Senior - BHPian

For all the talk of our great nation being world's 3rd or 4th or whatever largest car market in the world, it is always this tiny Thailand or Indonesia which get new launches ahead of us. And, ahead by 6 months to 1 year. So much for our great car market!
pgsagar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 07:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
For all the talk of our great nation being world's 3rd or 4th or whatever largest car market in the world, it is always this tiny Thailand or Indonesia which get new launches ahead of us. And, ahead by 6 months to 1 year. So much for our great car market!
I can think of multiple factors:
- Our typical propensity to covet non-essential features (sunroof over 6 airbags compounded by lack of rigorous safety standards)
- lack of scrapping policy (needed for the size of our market)
- flip-flops over the roadmap of electric/hybrid powertrains
- excessive taxation on products

In this context, found this link useful:https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/t...es-incentives/

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 12th May 2020 at 07:11. Reason: added info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks