Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2020, 11:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Oddly excited to see how this engine pans out. The Kicks is a solid package from what little I've seen and heard of it and I'm sad to see that it's been relegated to the position of a flop car in the Indian market. Perhaps this new engine will help it's cause. I really like what I see of the numbers and specifications, and looking forward to the reviews and test drives of this one.
Old 12th May 2020, 19:05   #92
BHPian

If Kicks gets priced competitively, i'm guessing that next step by Kia would be one more lower variant in GT line, say GTE, which can take head-on with Kicks. Same features as HTK petrol + GT line engine, should kill all the competition.
ramki.grandhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 19:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
If Kicks gets priced competitively, i'm guessing that next step by Kia would be one more lower variant in GT line, say GTE, which can take head-on with Kicks. Same features as HTK petrol + GT line engine, should kill all the competition.
Even if Nissan prices Kicks competitively, Kia will not be affected much. Good Pricing will bring Nissan Good Numbers compared to what it were with earlier BS4 version.

Kia will not add another variant to GT Line Up, simply because maximum demand is for GTX+ Trim, GTK is the least in demand followed by HTE.
Old 12th May 2020, 20:43   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

GTK is the least in demand followed by HTE.
Because GTK doesn't get the DCT, and is available only with a manual.
Old 12th May 2020, 20:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to expect the Kicks to mostly match Seltos price for NA and Turbo variants respectively. Cannot see them having big enough margin to sway customers away from Koreans. They'll obviously highlight the power figures as an advantage.
Old 12th May 2020, 22:10   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
simply because maximum demand is for GTX+ Trim, GTK is the least in demand followed by HTE.
Interesting, where can i find variant wise sales numbers of any car?
Old 13th May 2020, 10:08   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

The front headlights and turn signals(LED) of the new "KIcks" in action.

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20200513_kicks.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 10:11   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The front headlights and turn signals(LED) of the new "KIcks" in action.
Guess this is only for the Thai market? Has the facelift been spotted testing in India yet?
Old 13th May 2020, 10:25   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I'm going to expect the Kicks to mostly match Seltos price for NA and Turbo variants respectively. Cannot see them having big enough margin to sway customers away from Koreans. They'll obviously highlight the power figures as an advantage.
I actually see them going aggressive. Unlike Kia, who had to invest in a new plant. a new product with all associated tools, dies, machinery etc. , Nissan has the advantage that this is an old platform and the Renault/Nissan investments are fully depreciated. Renault/Nissan are also adopting the positioning of the “shockingly low priced, yet excellent & high value products” as seen in the launch of the Tiber, which shocked the market in terms of pricing - delivering a 7 seated MUV for the price of an i10 or WagonR.
Another shock to come with Magnite, which will be offering a Vitara/Ecosport to along SUV again for similar prices as an Santro/i10. This will shock Hyundai/Kia and finally dislodge them from the cosy position they are in - offering average products with bling-only features for premium prices.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th May 2020 at 10:27.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 10:56   #100
BHPian

Got below message in the morning:

Quote:
Dear Ramakrishna, Thank you for showing interest in the new Nissan KICKS Turbo CVT. Only 2 days left for the bookings to open! Time to rule the roads fuelled by raw, unchallenged power. Here's a bit more on how the KICKS Turbo is designed http://h1o.in/2J5T9k
ramki.grandhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 17:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
.... Renault/Nissan are also adopting the positioning of the “shockingly low priced, yet excellent & high value products” as seen in the launch of the Tiber, which shocked the market in terms of pricing - delivering a 7 seated MUV for the price of an i10 or WagonR.
Shockingly low priced. That there holds the key for its success in India. Already Nissan is late to the party. Lucky for them that covid has held their one rival Creta at the starting line of the race. Lifting of lockdown will be like starter's pistol going off. And, Koreans are racehorses. They have made a name for themselves in India which even once-mighty Japanese can only dream of today. So, Nissan has to move in fast. Nissan's track record in India has been laggard even by the Japanese standards, which are nothing great to write home about now. And, most of the risk-averse Indians don't even dare to walk into Nissan's showrooms. Pricing it low and bringing in as many variants as they can is the only way forward for them. First 6 months sales number would determine if this car, or any car for that matter, swims or sinks. Subsidize, if you have to Nissan, for the first 6 months and then scale up the prices as you go along.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 21:21   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar is predicting pricing from 9.7 lakhs to 14 lakhs. I don't think this is aggressive enough. They need to go from 8.5 - 12.5 in my view, with a turbo petrol manual under 10 lakhs.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-capture.png  

84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 22:17   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Autocar is predicting pricing from 9.7 lakhs to 14 lakhs. I don't think this is aggressive enough. They need to go from 8.5 - 12.5 in my view, with a turbo petrol manual under 10 lakhs.
Current Kicks starts at 9.55L for the XL for the 1.5P and the Duster at 8.49L, not sure if they will mark it down by 1L to make way for the turbo within 10L, since the XL is a bit better equipped than the Duster XE for the same engine.
Old 17th May 2020, 22:33   #104
BHPian

I dont think they will cut down the prices any further. They have a solid product in hand and even the base model is very well equipped if you compare it with the rivals spec to spec. Only issue is the brand image and lean sales network. Due to less number of launches and poor marketing, Nissan just got disappeared from the market. People have serious concern on the service support and resale value of the product.
One thing which I want them to improve over the last year model, is minimize the use of hard plastics in the interior cabin space.
Does anyone know whether they provide ISOFIX mounts on seats for Kicks.
Old 17th May 2020, 22:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

The Triber and its pricing holds no merit to this product. Firstly the Triber gets you a 7 seater for the price of an i10 mainly due to it being structurally compromised and a ton of cost cutting that went with it. Secondly the engine that powers the vehicle is very very old. The Kicks chassis is a class or two above that and the turbo petrol seems to be a new unit. That means Nissan/Renault threw some money developing it which would mean at best case scenario the new Kicks would be priced on par with the bs4 model and at worst a premium of 1 lakh rupees.

Like I said, no way is Nissan going to be able to shave 1 lakh off their existing Kicks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks