Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2022, 12:38   #406
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Booking Cancellation experience of Nissan Kicks Turbo

On Sep 19, 2022 I had booked Nissan Kicks Turbo CVT XV-Premium online .Booking charges was Rs 5000. I had selected Honnasiri Nissan Mysore as the dealer. I got a booking confirmation along with booking id from Nissan by email.

It is pertinent to say that from this forum I was well aware that Kicks was not in production and just made to booking to see the response from the dealer. Then I forwarded the booking details to the dealer. From the beginning the dealer was not interested in Kicks turbo and they were offering Kicks 1.5 NA. Even they could not tell a time frame for delivery. They requested me to wait for a few weeks for any update. But after that time period also they were not able to give any concrete information about the delivery. Then I informed them that I am going to cancel the booking as no information was available with the dealer. They seem to be ok with that and accordingly I sent an email requesting to cancel the booking.

I did not receive the booking amount for 3 weeks and after follow up I received an amount of Rs 4500 in my account. I was told that Rs 500 has been deducted as cancellation charge. That was a surprise for me because there was no mention of this cancellation charge in Nissan website. I informed the dealer about this and I got a very casual reply that “this is our management’s decision and if you have any issue you can contact Nissan customer care”.

I was shocked by this attitude and immediately contacted Nissan customer care by email to customercare.nissan@email.nissan.in. After a few days I got a call from Nissan customer care and they enquired about the issue. Again to my surprise I had to give all the details like date of booking, variant booked etc. despite the fact that I had already given the booking reference number. I was told that from customer care centre they can’t access details using booking reference number. I shared all the details.

After a few days I got an email from Nissan stating that they have received my complaint and their local team is looking into the matter. The said email was marked to the dealer also.

Then I got an email from the dealer that they have done the right thing and they will charge Rs 500 as cancellation fee because they had paid “GST”. That email from the dealer was marked to some personnel from Nissan also.

My limited point was since there was no mention about cancellation charges of Rs 500 in Nissan website; it is illegal and unethical to indulge in such unfair business practice.

Then the email war begun and lot of exchange happened. The dealer shared an internal document which was the “basis” for deducting cancellation charges as per them. Surprisingly that document says about Magnite booking (I am attaching the document). Moreover it says that deduction should be “2% of transaction charge plus GST”. This email was also marked to some top personnel in Nissan.

I was wondering why the dealer is digging their own pit because even if the above document is the basis they cannot charge Rs 500 as cancellation fee for a booking amount of Rs 5000.

Finally I got a call from Nissan saying that Rs 150 is the cancellation charge for Kicks to which I responded that I am ready to pay any legitimate charges. I added that I escalated the matter not because of the money involved but because of unethical way of doing business by the dealer.

Nissan apologized and finally the dealer refunded Rs 350/.

This was a horrible experience and the dealer Honnasiri Nissan has made a trivial issue complicated. I don’t know how they are still surviving.
I have a couple of questions-

1. Why did you make a booking if the purpose in your words was "just made to booking to see the response from the dealer"?

2. Since you made the booking transaction online, depending on the method of payment, the dealer would have had to bear a MDR/transaction fees of 1-3% plus GST. Along with that, it takes some time and effort from the staff to collate the money receipts and then the cancellations. I am surprised that you made such a fuss for Rs. 500. Don't you think given the transaction fees and the waste of dealer time/energy, that is a fair enough cost?
sf71hvettel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 12:48   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf71hvettel View Post
I have a couple of questions-

1. Why did you make a booking if the purpose in your words was "just made to booking to see the response from the dealer"?

2. Since you made the booking transaction online, depending on the method of payment, the dealer would have had to bear a MDR/transaction fees of 1-3% plus GST. Along with that, it takes some time and effort from the staff to collate the money receipts and then the cancellations. I am surprised that you made such a fuss for Rs. 500. Don't you think given the transaction fees and the waste of dealer time/energy, that is a fair enough cost?
1. There may be a chance that the dealer have stock of earlier manufactured vehicle.
2.It is not at all fair.No one is doing charity here.I have mentioned categorically that it is not about money but fairness and transparency. I had no issue in paying any legitimate charges be it 500 or 50000.And for information,as per RBI guidelines,MDR charges are part of "cost of doing business" and should never be charged from the customer. The same thing will be categorically mentioned in the MoU between the swipe machine issuing bank and the merchant(dealer).If a customer raises a complaint with the bank about this then the dealer may be blacklisted also. In 2019 I have swiped a credit card in a toyota dealership to pay differential amount of Rs 500000/- and toyota customer care was very clear about "MDR" charges.

Last edited by das_ren_auto : 16th November 2022 at 12:50.
Old 16th November 2022, 13:25   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
1. There may be a chance that the dealer have stock of earlier manufactured vehicle.
2.It is not at all fair.No one is doing charity here.I have mentioned categorically that it is not about money but fairness and transparency. I had no issue in paying any legitimate charges be it 500 or 50000.And for information,as per RBI guidelines,MDR charges are part of "cost of doing business" and should never be charged from the customer. The same thing will be categorically mentioned in the MoU between the swipe machine issuing bank and the merchant(dealer).If a customer raises a complaint with the bank about this then the dealer may be blacklisted also. In 2019 I have swiped a credit card in a toyota dealership to pay differential amount of Rs 500000/- and toyota customer care was very clear about "MDR" charges.
Ok, sure, more power to you. You could have just called the dealer and asked if they had a car in free stock instead of making a booking if that was the intent.

In addition, there is a lot of conflict between the rules and implementation of MDR charges- for instance when you make electricity/tax payments on government sites online and have to pay the transction fees separately. There are also many workarounds and some portals like Razorpay even let the merchant choose if they want to pass on the MDR charge to customers in the name "service charges". I would have just let it be and continued on with my day.
sf71hvettel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 13:55   #409
BHPian

Free world my friend. I just shared my experience because i beleive that business should be conducted in a legitimate way. And it is purely my choice whether to book or to check with the dealer before hand. I wont expect that everyone should behave the way I behave in a given situation.To my understanding Reserve Bank guidelines hold good and I am not bound to make dealer prosperous.
Let's call it a day.
das_ren_auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 22:05   #410
BHPian

Almost half the dealerships / workshops in NCR have shutdown this week with the closure of Neo Nissan. Wondering if Nissan India is now in exit mode if dealers are unable to survive even in a metro like Delhi
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 11:34   #411
BHPian

Seems next gen Kicks is in the making
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...st-time-427810

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks