Team-BHP - Bentley to drive in Rs 4 cr 'Brooklands' to India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Bentley to drive in Rs 4 cr 'Brooklands' to India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22198-bentley-drive-rs-4-cr-brooklands-india.html)

India's fast-expanding list of billionaires is increasingly attracting world's luxury car makers to sell some of the most expensive marques, with Volkswagen group company Bentley latest to join the bandwagon.

The European car maker is all set to launch its latest 'Brooklands' coupe in the country at a price of around Rs 4 crore by next year.

However, the four seater, hand-crafted car with two door sports body, which made its debut at the Geneva Motor Show recently, will be extremely limited in supply.

"India will have an allocation for only two Brooklands," Satya Bagla, Managing Director of Exclusive Motors -- the distributor of Bentley in India, told media. Globally, only 550 units of Brooklands are expected be manufactured in the next three to four years.

Bagla said the car could be priced at around Rs 4 crore and easily qualifies as one of the most expensive cars, belonging to the elite league of Maybach (Rs 5.5 crore) and Rolls Royce Phantom (Rs 3.5 crore).

The allocation, however, seems small considering the fact India just topped Forbes list of richest people in Asia with 36 billionaires and the likes of Lakshmi Mittal, Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani making it to the ultra elite global top 20.

Bentley already sells its Arnage and the Continental series in India, all priced in the Rs 3 crore and above range.

The Brooklands will be the sports version of the luxury marque powered by a 6.75 litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine. The maiden editions of the car will start selling globally in the first half of 2008.

Story : Bentley to drive in Rs 4 cr 'Brooklands' to India-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

A week ago, India overtook Japan as the country with the highest number of billionaires in Asia...so there u are!

But the Brooklands is sublime....its so perfect

Mods : If you find the thread title needs to be changed. Please do so.

Mind paying a few crore rupees for a used car? If you don't, then look out for premium car maker Bentley's offering of luxury on four wheels, as the company enters India's pre-owned vehicle market.

The company is also planning to roll out its new 'GT Convertible' model in the country early next month. The price tag is to be about Rs 2.2 crore, with only five cars being allocated for the market as yet.

"India has exceeded our expectations and the number of customer base is constantly growing. With the company limiting its production globally to maintain exclusivity, we are looking at the used car business as a serious model to satisfy customers," Ian Gorusch, regional director (MiddleEast, Africa & India), Bentley Motors, told PTI.

In its three years of operations in India, Bentley has so far sold about 70 cars across its different models, including the Arnage, Continental and Flying Spur, all of which are in the 'crore-plus' price category.

"What we are looking is at making a passionate Bentley customer drive the car he likes, even if it is a used car, while he waits for the new one to arrive," Gorusch said, adding the company was also tapping those who want to buy the used Bentleys for other reasons.

"The used car customers are going to be special as the pre-owned Bentley is going to be far costlier than other normal badges," he said, adding the company was adopting a personalised approach to expand the new initiative.

Bentley, which sells cars in different countries through limited allocations, this year has earmarked 25 unit sales for India, marginally less than the 28 it sold last year.

The company will be driving in the limited edition 'Brooklands' coupe next year in India to be priced around Rs 4 crore.

Bentley's Rs 2.2cr GT Convertible on road in May

*Sigh* Wish I had the money to buy one of these! Well I can dream about driving them someday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 389775)
Bentley already sells its Arnage and the Continental series in India, all priced in the Rs 3 crore and above range.

Really??? I don't think I believe that statement!

For those who haven't seen the car yet (like me of course):

Bentley Brooklands

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 410168)
Really??? I don't think I believe that statement!

Quote:

In its three years of operations in India, Bentley has so far sold about 70 cars across its different models, including the Arnage, Continental and Flying Spur, all of which are in the 'crore-plus' price category.
Yes there are around 70 lucky chaps ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 410181)
Yes there are around 70 lucky chaps ..

I believe that considering the number of Bentley's I see everyday (spotted 3 yesterday alongwith a CLS, RR Supercharged, 7-series & numerous S-classes!)

What I don't believe is this statement mentioning that all Bentley's are priced in the 3crore+ range!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 389775)

for the price 4 cr..one has a choice between the phantom and the brookland, yes phantom needs to be chauffered but brookland self driven (coupe)..

70 bentley are sold in india!!this is too much.