Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 10:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshtk View Post
See!
Another Estilo owner born!
Yeah, he got heavy discount on the car (around 30k). Delivery taken, nice drive, silent till 80 (run-in period - hence didnt increase above 80) Outside noise insulated. little bumpy, decent AC (you can close the vent too)

All in all , a good package.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:33   #107

Blasphemy is what i would say of the "Estilo"-the so called new Zen. The old Zen had a character and a certain youthful design which is still admired by many. Wonder what the design team at Maruti was thinking when they created the "Estilo".
Old 4th June 2009, 12:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

ATwo year old thread, with the maximum number of juvenile posts, which I would have missed but for this revival!

Has it occurred to any of these guys that many people would have liked and bought this car, with their hard earned money, about which they were being judgmental? It is a credit to the equanimity of the Estilo owners that they found it below their dignity to respond to immature quips of kids. What do they mean by masculine and feminine cars? Who told them Estilo is targeted at ladies? Even if it is, driving the car does not make the owner effeminate. The guy insinuating that guys driving pink Estilos are actualy females has quite a nerve and is the most juvenile of all. I wonder it did not attract censure from the mods. Remember, a person who is confident and secure about his masculinity will drive and wear anything nonchalantly. No need to say anything about guys who need props and reassurance about theirs!

Seriously, when one has a budget constraint and is looking for VFM, the Estilo is a serious contender. I am considering the VXi version which has all the goodies and costs 3.72 lac OTR after discount. If the dealer agrees to throw in a 4 speaker music system, sun film,and reverse horn he has a deal! The other cars in consideration are the Santro GLS and Alto LXi. I will not touch the Spark now even if offered a 1.5 lac discount.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:47   #109
Senior - BHPian

@Gansan, looks are subjective and each person has a different opinion. So no use getting worked-up about it. We have a thread here about the latest HondaCity looking yucky and the owners would have paid thrice what an Estilo owner paid. So..

Personally, I did not like the Estilo's looks (saw the original in Japan and looked even more yucky - but there were lots of them there) and I am a big fan of the WagonR's boxy looks. Over time, I felt like it is not that bad in certain colors and then later started liking it a bit due to it looking like a mini-Innova.

But one thing that puzzles me is that the Nano's front looks exactly like the Estilo and while we have everyone here ranting about Estilo being yucky-looking, when it comes to Nano, everyone is ooh-aah-ing about how it looks. Strange.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@Gansan, looks are subjective and each person has a different opinion. So no use getting worked-up about it. We have a thread here about the latest HondaCity looking yucky and the owners would have paid thrice what an Estilo owner paid. So..
SB, my ire is more towards posts casting aspersions about the people who buy the Estilo, and not just comments about the car. Also, people buy according to their ability, and the arguement that since the owners of more expensive City are keeping quiet, Estilo owners should grin and bear it is not correct. Two wrongs do not make a right, right? After all, I am not an Estilo owner (at least not yet).
Old 4th June 2009, 14:10   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am considering the VXi version which has all the goodies and costs 3.72 lac OTR after discount.
I wouldn't have replied and remained calm (as always when I see some xyz bashing estilo), but since you are planning to buy it, I thought I would share my experience with you.
I am an Estilo owner for the past couple of years and I can say it is a wonderful and practical car.
  • There are no rattles whatsoever after 21000 kilometers on the odo with a number of highway (including ooty and coorg) and local trips
  • I get a mileage of 14+ in city (bangalore) with 100% AC and around 17-18 on highways.
  • There has not been a single issue so far (I haven't even tightened a bolt) with the car apart from normal service.
  • The AC is really good and I have never used the fan speed beyond 2 (90% of times fan speed at 1 does the job)
  • I think you should probably try to avoid Alto if possible and jump to the next segment (WagonR, Estilo, Santro, i10)
  • The interiors still look good (the plastic used is reasonable)
  • You can read my review here in team-bhp (Estilo - Way to Go)Estilo - Way to Go
Old 4th June 2009, 14:23   #112
Senior - BHPian

@Simonkayar, thanks for the info. That helps a lot.
Old 4th June 2009, 14:37   #113
BHPian

I don't know why people don't like Estilo looks, I personally find it far more classy and appealing as compared to Wagon R. I think it's often a better deal as compared to Wagon R. Hyundai's i10 1.2 however is leagues ahead of this.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:05   #114
Senior - BHPian

There is news of new estilo along with new omni coming in market from maruti.Also heard is new zen is built on new platform and would be different from current one, any more info guys??
Old 4th June 2009, 16:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I don't know why people don't like Estilo looks, I personally find it far more classy and appealing as compared to Wagon R. I think it's often a better deal as compared to Wagon R. Hyundai's i10 1.2 however is leagues ahead of this.
Agree with you on the Estilo / Wagon R part. The bread box Wagon R need to be phased out. Also the A-Star engine needs to go into the Estilo. Regarding the i10, I wouldn't say it's leagues ahead. Look are the FE of the i10. It gives a tough competition to the big cars when it comes to drinking habits.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Excellent post Ganesan. Exactly what I had in mind when I was going thru so many people criticising the car for looks etc (and in turn also taking potshots at people who own the Zen Estilo).

As you rightly said every car has its merits (and demerits) and based on those it appeals to certain people (and wont to other certain people). I have driven an Estilo and really liked it. in our congested cities, it is the kind of car to have! I have also driven it on highways and no way is it out of place on highways as well. Its a pretty good car getting all negative publicity for no fault (apparently only fault is the name - Zen attached with it!) For three and a half odd lakhs there arent many better choices out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
ATwo year old thread, with the maximum number of juvenile posts, which I would have missed but for this revival!

Has it occurred to any of these guys that many people would have liked and bought this car, with their hard earned money, about which they were being judgmental? It is a credit to the equanimity of the Estilo owners that they found it below their dignity to respond to immature quips of kids. What do they mean by masculine and feminine cars? Who told them Estilo is targeted at ladies? Even if it is, driving the car does not make the owner effeminate. The guy insinuating that guys driving pink Estilos are actualy females has quite a nerve and is the most juvenile of all. I wonder it did not attract censure from the mods. Remember, a person who is confident and secure about his masculinity will drive and wear anything nonchalantly. No need to say anything about guys who need props and reassurance about theirs!

Seriously, when one has a budget constraint and is looking for VFM, the Estilo is a serious contender. I am considering the VXi version which has all the goodies and costs 3.72 lac OTR after discount. If the dealer agrees to throw in a 4 speaker music system, sun film,and reverse horn he has a deal! The other cars in consideration are the Santro GLS and Alto LXi. I will not touch the Spark now even if offered a 1.5 lac discount.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:44   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Excellent post Ganesan. Exactly what I had in mind when I was going thru so many people criticising the car for looks etc (and in turn also taking potshots at people who own the Zen Estilo).
Exactly my thought too...!
It's sort of becoming fashionable to show that you dislike this car... somebody went to the extend of saying that he wouldn't even prefer to be seen on its pasenger seat... as if all other cars out there are straight out of StarWars series!
Even the argument that looks are subjective is correct to an extend only. How many would say that TajMahal is ugly? I'm sure there would be some, but that would be very very less. It's the same here... a decent looking car is a decent looking car... it's not a bit uglier than a Santro, if you want to call ugly!
(I don't own an Estilo, I wouldn't even consider one given an option...)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th June 2009 at 19:47. Reason: Please read the note in post
Old 16th June 2009, 23:23   #118
BHPian

I think Estilo is one of the best deals out there currently. It's basically a new version of the Wagon R. Even though it's the same price as the Wagon R it doesn't seem to sell much. I think Maruti should start advertising it more and maybe even drop "zen" from the name and just call it Estilo!
Old 17th June 2009, 12:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift
It's sort of becoming fashionable to show that you dislike this car... I don't own an Estilo, I wouldn't even consider one given an option.
You start off by supporting the Estilo, but end by saying that you won't even consider buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco
Look are the FE of the i10. It gives a tough competition to the big cars when it comes to drinking habits.
I see a lot of posts about the low FE of the i10 and this has worried a friend who is planning to buy an i10. Is the low FE only for the 1.1 i10 or 1.2 i10 or both ? Links to any thread discussing this would be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks